Ridiculous Political Parallels

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
like I said all the little pieces add up
HUH? WTF? What pieces? Obama has been off the map til recently. People are using a few years on the Senate and ONE campaign to make STRONG, sweeping generalizations and accusations. We haven't examined the body, heard from the witness, or seen the murder weapon yet we're damn sure he's a suspect, so to speak.

... If I were to tell you some of my family history, descended from Revolutionary War heroes

Apples and oranges. Family history has nothing to do with one man's political views/agenda.

even if you weren't able to, you would have a better picture of who I might be

I give people the benefit of the doubt so I ignore the tones of bigotry in some of your posts and assume that they have some relevance, but your arguments against Barack are weak. I've heard good ones, GREAT ones, but not from you. You're more along Trinity's ilk, hyperbole, spin, and accusations rooted in (hinted but vehemently denied) prejudice.

Last edited:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I give people the benefit of the doubt so I ignore the tones of bigotry in some of your posts and assume that they have some relevance, but your arguments against Barack are weak. I've heard good ones, GREAT ones, but not from you. You're more along Trinity's ilk, hyperbole, spin, and accusations rooted in (hinted but vehemently denied) prejudice.

sorry to disappoint

actually have not yet made my mind up, one way or another, about Obama

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
You know what I find really amusing about this?

I started this to vent my frustration at two things. People calling any politician they hate the new Hitler with weak connections. (Warmonger... Eloquence... Ugly mustache.) That and how Obama is the polar opposite of everything people hate about Bush, yet the Bitch Festival is playing just as loudly with him [Obama] in the spotlight.
And it's turned into first people (read: Trinity) trying to justify the Hitler parallels by bringing in things that were never said by those referenced. Then, people bitching about Obama some more, primarily with hearsay and speculation.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Well then by that definition, McCain has been doing teh negative campaigning. You seem to be as narrow minded as they come. What kind of question is it to ask what family he would connect with? He obviously connects more with people than McCain does.

But I'm still waiting for you to explain how his name tells us anything about him.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
sorry to disappoint

I'm on the fence. If I found out that you are, in fact, a bigot, my only disappointment would be that you weren't forthcoming about it. I respect people who are honest about their prejudices, those that disguise it are cowards. You may be a bigot, you may just be ill-informed, though some of your posts give me a good idea which side you're on. Again, I give the benefit of the doubt in such cases.

actually have not yet made my mind up, one way or another, about Obama

You sure? Doesn't seem that way.You've made some strong statements about someone whom you "haven't yet made up your mind about."

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
So please explain, how is he an elitist?

This has already been covered.

So now it's your turn Trinity to de-construct this speech and find all the hidden meanings that this,and i quote a fellow Puma of yours, "Inadequate, black man" just delivered to an AMERICAN FLAG waving european crowd. If it were Mccain/Bush giving that speech, they would have been burning american flags and Bush in effigy.

Did you ever think there are Americans who live in Germany and came waving American flags? And the difference between Bush giving a speech and Obama giving a speech is hardly the point here. Just because Obama is different from Bush does not mean America needs a wanna-be "rockstar" President or the World needs that type of candidate for leader of the United States.

I believe the title of a CNN article sums it up best:
Obama wins hearts, not minds, in Berlin

The speech was a speech...so what? Words. Obama has nothing to back it up. And why should anyone believe him? Obama has no consistency on policy and the slimmest resume in history. He seems to do everything only to get elected as if the election is a popularity contest.
Barack Obama touched hearts during an impassioned speech to a 200,000-strong crowd in Berlin, German newspapers agreed, but suspicions remain about the White House contender's motives for courting a European audience.

Berlin's Der Tagesspiegel wondered whether so many young people had ever gathered for a political event in Germany and said that Obama's address -- which echoed speeches by former U.S. presidents John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan when the divided city was in the Cold War frontline -- could only have been made in the German capital.

"Barack Obama's address might not have been statesmanlike and it definitely wasn't worldly-wise. But with its symbolism and the message of this 46-year-old, it certainly was the signal of a new era for a new generation on both sides of the Atlantic," the newspaper said.
Obama is saying what people want to hear "Hope and Change" and even abroad "World Peace"...nobody is going to argue with that message. It's going to touch your heart and inspire you. But people are careful who we give power...leaders create our policy. After the speech on "Peace" Obama may just create a Civilian National Security Force to effect his version of peace. We better understand what the man means and who the man truly is.

You know what I find really amusing about this?

I started this to vent my frustration at two things. People calling any politician they hate the new Hitler with weak connections. (Warmonger... Eloquence... Ugly mustache.) That and how Obama is the polar opposite of everything people hate about Bush, yet the Bitch Festival is playing just as loudly with him [Obama] in the spotlight.
And it's turned into first people (read: Trinity) trying to justify the Hitler parallels by bringing in things that were never said by those referenced. Then, people bitching about Obama some more, primarily with hearsay and speculation.

You brought up speeches and why Hitler parallels come up with Obama. I raised some instances outside of speeches where some people see parallels. Obama made the statement.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
I didn't bring up speeches. I brought up people online saying that, and just that, about him. "Hitler gave good speeches, too." in regards to Obama's eloquence. You stretched it because, let's face it, you'll take the opportunity to stretch any mention of the name into slander.
Oh, and I guarantee his mention of the civilian national security force isn't talk of a new organization. It was probably stricken from the intended transcript (meaning that yes he did fuck up by throwing it back in) because people would take alarm at it, thinking that it was. Given the context though, it seems obvious that he was referring to his preceding talk of beefing up the domestic Corps organizations. It was a summational statement.
Of course, this is just speculation... just like your claims... but it's sensible speculation.
Security isn't just a matter of striking down enemies and destroying potential international threats. It's regulating internal threats (such as the energy crisis, unemployment rates, housing, etc.), maintaining diplomacy both overseas and within our borders and all-in-all just getting things running smoothly right here. We've got plenty of threats within our own borders that need to be addressed. You know, instead of having civilians pay through labor to have soldiers pay with blood to try to regulate a potential threat to a nation that's choking itself in doing so.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
I also never asked why Hitler comparisons come up with Obama. I said it's stupid how people compare any politician they hate to Hitler, and always with loose (or at best out-of-context and misquoted) references. It's a fucking stupid tactic, overused and hugely exaggerated.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP feeding the troll. Hillary, whoops I mean Trinity sees Obama as the scary black monster under the bed and that won't change if he becomes POTUS, if he cures cancer or if he saves a burning bus full of blind orphans from a 3rd world country, she'll still be anti-Barack.

She'd claim he and his gangsta wife held Mccain at gunpoint (40 oz. in hand) and took the presidency from Mccain. She'll say he funded the research that created cancer, and punched all the orphans in the eyes before shipping them from America to Zimbabwe, so it's his fault they're blind and living in poverty, then she'll post a graph of his body and deconstruct every terrorist ligament and capillary.

PLEASE stop feeding her cuz these mile-long posts about terrorist fistbumps and elitist black nonshalagamagus are a fucking eyesore.....nevermind, I just put her on ignore, keep feeding her all you want.

Last edited:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeh but... you mentioned his blackitude, too. Obviously race is an issue to you, so that means you're only voting for him because he's black. He's only saving those orphans to populate is Oliver Twist Militia.

LOL!!! Are they going to have to wear petticoats and those cool hats?? SOOO adorable.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
I didn't bring up speeches. I brought up people online saying that, and just that, about him. "Hitler gave good speeches, too." in regards to Obama's eloquence. You stretched it because, let's face it, you'll take the opportunity to stretch any mention of the name into slander.

I stretched nothing. You said it and I responded to it. People made parallels on more than a comparison of oration and I cited specific characteristics and the Senator's words or actions.

Oh, and I guarantee his mention of the civilian national security force isn't talk of a new organization. It was probably stricken from the intended transcript (meaning that yes he did fuck up by throwing it back in) because people would take alarm at it, thinking that it was. Given the context though, it seems obvious that he was referring to his preceding talk of beefing up the domestic Corps organizations. It was a summational statement.

It's not obvious what he was referencing.

Of course, this is just speculation... just like your claims... but it's sensible speculation.

The only obvious thing about the comment is it's out of place and the Obama Campaign did not wish to clarify the statement he made. While the statement is made while mentioning reopening foreign consulates and doubling the Peace Corps, the comment simply doesn't make since with it.
It seems to reference the costs associated with reopening consulates and doubling the Peace Corps, but that wouldn’t come close to matching what we spend at the Pentagon. The phrasing of it — a “civilian national security force” — sounds much more like a quasi-military organization operating within the US under the control of the federal government.
So it must be taken in full context of what the Senator talked about. The Senator discussed increasing our Military and calling young people to join the armed forces in addition to current and new organizations he wishes to form such as an Energy Corp, an Expanded AmeriCorp with new focuses and a Civilian National Security Force.

Security isn't just a matter of striking down enemies and destroying potential international threats. It's regulating internal threats (such as the energy crisis, unemployment rates, housing, etc.), maintaining diplomacy both overseas and within our borders and all-in-all just getting things running smoothly right here. We've got plenty of threats within our own borders that need to be addressed.

We have always been faced with energy crisis, unemployment, housing problems and security internally and externally. I believe Bush massively exacerbated all the problems with his terrible policies. Just like after Reagan and Bush the first, Clinton had to clean up after them with programs that get the economy going in the right direction and supports the middle class instead of depleating money out the Nation which defeats ourselves. This is not a new concept. This is a Democratic concept. Obama is not the great knower of The Way.

During the Clinton administration we as a nation had a surplus and experienced one of the longest periods of prosperity this nation has known. Bill Clinton created AmeriCorp. Bill Clinton created the Hope Credit. These are programs that Obama wants to jump on the bandwagon to expand. In other words, this is nothing new. The only thing new is his "Civilian National Security Force." And if what you speculate is true, then all he did was take ideas already in place and call it something else perusual and/or worst he meant something else he has yet to explain.

If you drill down on specifics...Obama has no idea how to solve the actual individual outstanding problems. Our borders? The Fence? Immigration? He can't take a complete position until after the election, NAFTA again switch, Gun Control Switch, Welfare, Switch. Education and Social Programs, Obama can promise to spend money but not talk about how to specifically pay for it. And where there are numbers, Obama increases the deficit not reduces it. I trust Sen. Hillary Clinton to accomplish what we need more than someone like Obama who is so inexperienced and hasn't been there before.

You know, instead of having civilians pay through labor to have soldiers pay with blood to try to regulate a potential threat to a nation that's choking itself in doing so.

No, I don't know...what you really mean here.

I also never asked why Hitler comparisons come up with Obama. I said it's stupid how people compare any politician they hate to Hitler, and always with loose (or at best out-of-context and misquoted) references. It's a fucking stupid tactic, overused and hugely exaggerated.

I know you did. You posted a thread and invited responses to your statement. Many people do not agree with you. Outside of what you asserted there are those who see parallels and I just posted some examples.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I stretched nothing. You said it and I responded to it. People made parallels on more than a comparison of oration and I cited specific characteristics and the Senator's words or actions.

It's not obvious what he was referencing.

The only obvious thing about the comment is it's out of place and the Obama Campaign did not wish to clarify the statement he made. While the statement is made while mentioning reopening foreign consulates and doubling the Peace Corps, the comment simply doesn't make since with it.
It seems to reference the costs associated with reopening consulates and doubling the Peace Corps, but that wouldn’t come close to matching what we spend at the Pentagon. The phrasing of it — a “civilian national security force” — sounds much more like a quasi-military organization operating within the US under the control of the federal government.
So it must be taken in full context of what the Senator talked about. The Senator discussed increasing our Military and calling young people to join the armed forces in addition to current and new organizations he wishes to form such as an Energy Corp, an Expanded AmeriCorp with new focuses and a Civilian National Security Force.

We have always been faced with energy crisis, unemployment, housing problems and security internally and externally. I believe Bush massively exacerbated all the problems with his terrible policies. Just like after Reagan and Bush the first, Clinton had to clean up after them with programs that get the economy going in the right direction and supports the middle class instead of depleating money out the Nation which defeats ourselves. This is not a new concept. This is a Democratic concept. Obama is not the great knower of The Way.

During the Clinton administration we as a nation had a surplus and experienced one of the longest periods of prosperity this nation has known. Bill Clinton created AmeriCorp. Bill Clinton created the Hope Credit. These are programs that Obama wants to jump on the bandwagon to expand. In other words, this is nothing new. The only thing new is his "Civilian National Security Force." And if what you speculate is true, then all he did was take ideas already in place and call it something else perusual and/or worst he meant something else he has yet to explain.

If you drill down on specifics...Obama has no idea how to solve the actual individual outstanding problems. Our borders? The Fence? Immigration? He can't take a complete position until after the election, NAFTA again switch, Gun Control Switch, Welfare, Switch. Education and Social Programs, Obama can promise to spend money but not talk about how to specifically pay for it. And where there are numbers, Obama increases the deficit not reduces it. I trust Sen. Hillary Clinton to accomplish what we need more than someone like Obama who is so inexperienced and hasn't been there before.

No, I don't know...what you really mean here.

I know you did. You posted a thread and invited responses to your statement. Many people do not agree with you. Outside of what you asserted there are those who see parallels and I just posted some examples.
Trinity, you do realize that Senator Clinton lost, don't you?

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
What is everybody so scared of? "oh my god obama is a terrorist in disguise!"

Dude, we have a government for a reason. The president is not a dictator. We have the amendments and all the governmental tiers established and they do infact have a purpose. Obama is not going to become president and tell the military to nuke ourselves.

For those of you who question his background, why? What if your suspicions are true? Then what? What exactly do you think he would do?

I think all this questioning of his background is just a way of avoiding the real arguments. The arguments that arise when its democrat vs. republican. Instead of arguing over health care and abortion, you are arguing over the childhood education and middle names! This is why other countries think americans are a bunch of stupid fucking fat monkeys. And we might as well be, we are pissed off because of a middle name, A MIDDLE FUCKIN' NAME! Get a real argument together with the purpose of pushing america towards a greater good. Stop being lazy with these petty squabbles about middle names and do some research on some real important topics and argue about those.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Trinity, you do realize that Senator Clinton lost, don't you?

I know that Obama was selected as the Presumptive Democratic Nominee based on the SuperDelegates statements of support to presumably get him to the magic number but that has not happened yet in actuality...yeah I know that.

And regardless of who the Democratic Nominee is, or who will take the Oath of Office, I believe Hillary Clinton is the best candidate for President and to accomplish what this Nation needs to be done.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know that Obama was selected as the Presumptive Democratic Nominee based on the SuperDelegates statements of support to presumably get him to the magic number but that has not happened yet in actuality...yeah I know that.

And regardless of who the Democratic Nominee is, or who will take the Oath of Office, I believe Hillary Clinton is the best candidate for President and to accomplish what this Nation needs to be done.

So who exactly are you voting for?? For someone this vocal about politics, you avoid that question like the plague.

EDIT: Maybe you can vote for Hillary. Then you, her, and Bill can hop into Nightrider and fly on over to Oz to hang out with the Lollipop Guild while you continue to re-write "Much Ado About Nothing" as "Much Ado About the Competition".

Last edited: