Right Brain vs. Left Brain Test

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Clockwise here. No matter how hard I looked it was all I could see, not even a trace of counter. Then I looked away, looked back, and saw her going counter-clockwise and flipped out. My brain felt like it was imploding, screaming, "That's not possible! She was just going clockwise!"

I blinked and she was spinning clockwise again. All was right in the world.

So other than the revelation that ambiguously spinning women make my mind melt, I guess I learned I'm right-brained.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm surprised that most people (according to the article) see her turning CCW...I had to look at it for several moments before I could visualize a perspective where this might be the case.

I don't know if it's left- or right-brain, but I tend to project myself into the first-person perspective given this type of exercise. From this vantage point, a dancer standing on a clock face could only be described as spinning CW. It takes an external observer viewing her from beneath to "see" her turning CCW.

As an aside, according to the Perth test linked at the bottom of the article, I'm a certifiable genius. Who knew?

I cannot see her spinning in any direction other than clockwise (as if that's a big surprise for people who know me).

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Clockwise, though I could see her going Anti-Clockwise with a lot of concentration; once I did, it was hard to go back. After a moment I could switch without a great deal of difficulty.

According to the functons listed though, I should be extremely biased towards the left side of my brain. Hmm, my answer may have been much different if I had tried this a few months ago.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can see her going either direction. I guess that confirms earlier testing that I've received that both sides are equal for me...[/quote] Either that or you are actually bi-sexual.:biggrin1:

Clockwise! I already knew that I am a visual-spatial learner which is common amongst we right brained people.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think this is a very valid test for right brain left brain thinking but it is fun.

Has anyone seen the irony that we all can look at the same thing yet percieve something completely different. For many clockwise people they can never see the figure going counterclockwise and visa versa. People usually can see it go both ways, it just takes a bit of time and effort. It's kind of a metaphor for truth and sheds some light on human behavior.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw her as definitely going clock from the point of view that she is standing on a clock face. It looked to me to be impossible to see it any other way, but I tried to focus to switch her direction.

Then I looked down at the animated ad below here and in my peripheral vision, she changed direction. I tried both experiments a number of times, but found that I had to look away to ever get her to change direction.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Depending on how I looked she spun either way but it was harder to actively change the spin. Now she just seems stuck clockwise.

Clockwise or Anti clockwise - nice body! Dunno which side of my err, brain that comes from. It's been a long day! :rolleyes::smile:

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Then I looked down at the animated ad below here and in my peripheral vision, she changed direction.

I forgot to mention it, but I experienced something similar aswell. She 'changed' for the first time while in my peripheral vision as I scanned the lists to the left.

For me, she changed directions frequently, but was usually going clockwise.
That suggests what? A bit of both left- and right-brain dominance, but with more left-brain?
Sounds right to me.

Sounds like you needs to make up your mind, Rubi. Are you coming or going? Let me see.