Right, Left or Ambidextrous

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My father was born left-handed and "reprogrammed" in the way you describe, JustAsking. He is now ambidextrous, and his language skills were undiminished for years. (They're fading a bit now, slowly but inevitably, as he ages.)

My mother and three brothers are all right-handed.

I was born right-handed but have learned (via piano playing and typing) to have independent control of all ten fingers. Driving with my left hand on the steering wheel has become natural after 22 years of owning/driving stickshift (or "manual" or "standard") cars.

Interestingly, though, I choose to reach for something about 33% of the time with my left hand--and when I was still playing soccer, I could kick with considerable accuracy with my left foot (almost as accurately as I could with my right foot).

NCbear (who sometimes wonders how well he would manage if he woke up tomorrow without his right hand)

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
ambi i guess:

i write right

i bat both

i jak left if i have to jak and write at the same time (it happens) otherwise i like to use both at the same time (preferred)

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Right.

One of the reasons left handedness was a considered a weakness was because if you were a warrior you wield your sword (or weapon) with your primary hand, and your shield with your off hand. Which means if you are a righty, your shield is on your left, which is the same side as the heart. So your heart is more open if you are lefty.

I'm sure there are more reasons to why right was considered better as well.