Right or left?

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I remember reading something once years ago that most men hang to the left in their underwear. I hang to the right and always have. From crotch watching over the years, it seems I've seen both, but I'm not sure about the distribution. Several of my buddies have told me I'm in the minority as they all seem to hang left.

In boxers, it's very obvious which way I hang, but it's pretty clear in boxer briefs or briefs too. What about you? Which way do you hang?

Also, I wonder if size has any bearing on the direction. I'm about 4" soft in boxers (less in briefs cause I scrunch up). Do you show-ers with 5" and more hang more to the left?

Clue us in on which direction and what your flaccid size is (in general). What have you noticed about other guys you've seen, too.

Reactions: NateicusPumper

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have around 5" flaccid in boxers/freeballing, and I hang to the right. I never really thought about which way other guys put it. In briefs it usually just goes straight down and it does tend to shrink a bit.

Now that I think about it, the only guys I've seen getting dressed/undressed with regularity are my brothers, and they go to the right too as far as I can remember. I've never paid much attention to that. I'll go crotch-watch someplace tomorrow and report my findings. :smile:

bendigoboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I hang left.
Soft, I'm between 4 1/2 - 5 inches.

I've always figured hanging to the left was due to my left testicle hanging lower than my right, which kinda pushes my penis in that direction.

I understand that, mostly, the left testicle hangs lower. Ergo, if my theory is correct, I would expect that the majority would hang to the left.

tgw

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have also heard that that most men hang left.

I was also told that clothing manufacturers make the left upper leg/crotch area in pants slightly wider to accomodate this. Has anyone else heard this and/or have any factual evidence to back it up?

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I hang left.
Soft, I'm between 4 1/2 - 5 inches.

I've always figured hanging to the left was due to my left testicle hanging lower than my right, which kinda pushes my penis in that direction.

I understand that, mostly, the left testicle hangs lower. Ergo, if my theory is correct, I would expect that the majority would hang to the left.
I hear you on that one, man. But my left nut hangs lower, too. Doesn't everyone's? Interesting.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I never thought about it, so I went in the bedroom and checked. My balls hang symmetrically - neither one is lower than the other.

When I first started to experiment with boxers and freeballing, it seemed like my dick had a tendency to hang to the left. When I walked, my dick would take the 4:00 position and get rock hard from the movement of my leg. I moved it to the right side and noticed that it would stay pointing straight down even when I walked. Most of the time, it remained limp and was comfortable in its new position. It just felt better on the right side, so that's what I've been doing ever since.

As far as how other guys hang, I see right and left both. I'm not picky as long as I can see the outline of their tool.

bendigoboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Re "testicular hang":

http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/Handouts/pdfs/testicular_self_exam.pdf

"•​
Stand naked in front of a mirror. Look for any swelling on the skin of the scrotum. It is normal for one
testicle to be slightly larger and/or hang lower than the other (typically the left testicle hangs lower than the
right). If the room is too cool it will be difficult to perform the exam. The exam is best performed after a hot

bath or shower as heat relaxes the scrotum making it easier to spot any abnormality."

Falcon9

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Using a bubble level, I am always making slight adjustments. You can use a weight on a string but this takes longer to set up. Having the weight perfectly balanced is the key to structural integrity and safety.

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Using a bubble level, I am always making slight adjustments. You can use a weight on a string but this takes longer to set up. Having the weight perfectly balanced is the key to structural integrity and safety.

Have you ever tried using one of those electronic levels that shoots the laser beam? I did once and it was a bitch to balance on my thigh while trying to get everything symmetrical. Plus, the laser beam hit me in the eye and I was seeing spots for days. Maybe that's why I just let it hang like it wants now...which is to the right.

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I moved it to the right side and noticed that it would stay pointing straight down even when I walked. Most of the time, it remained limp and was comfortable in its new position. It just felt better on the right side, so that's what I've been doing ever since.

This is basically how it is for me. If I try to hang left (dress left for the traditionalists), it tends to get me growing and it's just uncomfortable. I didn't really make a conscious decision to begin, but have tried both sides and right feels...well, right to me.

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Re "testicular hang":

http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/Handouts/pdfs/testicular_self_exam.pdf

Stand naked in front of a mirror. Look for any swelling on the skin of the scrotum. It is normal for one
testicle to be slightly larger and/or hang lower than the other (typically the left testicle hangs lower than the
right). If the room is too cool it will be difficult to perform the exam. The exam is best performed after a hot
bath or shower as heat relaxes the scrotum making it easier to spot any abnormality."

Thanks for this link, and for the good info. I used to do these every month and just got out of the habit, I guess. I did go to doc once because I kept having pains in my right testicle and had to do the whole visual/tactile exam. Aside from gettin a semi while he was doing it (then losing it big time when he pressed the sore spot and asked if it hurt), everything was okay. Seems I wasn't using enough support when exercising and had strained my groin some. Since that time I've always worn a jock or compression shorts when doing cardio or playing racquetball.

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I hang left......the worst is what I call a "split decision" when freeballin.....that's where one ball goes left while the other goes right......OUCH!

Now that's interesting, Industrial. I'm talking about which way my wang hangs, not my nuts. Actually, in boxers, when I sit my cock and right testicle tend to go to the right while the left often goes more left, with the crotch/zipper dividing. That's on warmer days, though, when my scrotum is loose and I have a lower hang on the balls. If they're up tight, then the whole package still shifts right--even if I'm commando.

I can't do the commando thing much, though, except in gym shorts around the house, cause the rub of the fabric irritates the head, and if I get aroused at all I not only show big time, I tend to leak pre-cum easily. That just doesn't set the right mood in the middle of a lecture when I'm in front of a class, you know. :cool: