Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stupak Receives Threatening Fax With Drawing Of Noose

Rep. Bart Stupak (D-MI) received a fax today with a drawing of a noose and gallows, labeled "Bart (SS) Stupak."
Threatening Fax Sent To Rep. Bart Stupak, March 24, 2010 | TPM Document Collection
Clyburn Says Noose Depiction Faxed To His Office After HCR Vote (VIDEO)

The right-wing protest movement that amped up during the final debate over the health care reform bill in the House has stepped up another notch, according to one of the most senior black lawmakers in the Congress.
Clyburn Says Noose Depiction Faxed To His Office After HCR Vote (VIDEO) | TPMDC

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

.................and YOUR definition of "anarchy?"

If the Democrats would have reacted this way against the Republicans during the Bush administration's total abuse and disregard for the Constitution in so MANY instances --- they would have been labled "Unpatriotic, commie pinko sympathizers!" When Rush Limbaugh gets on national radio and says, "These people should be annihilated!" Quite FRANKLY...............this goes WAY over the line. I hope the really sane independents out there take a good LONG hard look and see whether or not THESE are the people we want calling the shots --- AGAIN -- like we had the 6 years they controlled BOTH Houses of Congress and the Presidency and we heard "nada" concerning Health Care. Once Again -- can anyone "quote" me a Republican who even mentioned any concern for the 30 million un-insured?

And by the way -- a great big "chuckle" to those in the red states who think they can yell "screw the FEDERAL government" when it comes to healthcare and then put their hat out for Federal Highway money and Federal Disaster relief, etc. etc. etc. The government is always the "boogey" man until something happens that proves totally ineffective in their STATE --- and the cry is, "Why doesn't the government DO something!" Keep in mind dear men --- nobody wept BIG tears when for 12 years the Republicans "pork barreled" the country into debt allocating BIG Federal dollars into THEIR state projects!

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You're an ass... Leave your bitterness for your years in Texas somewhere else, and stop picking on an entire state of people because some fool wants to quote Jefferson. Its beneath you and the ideas and arguments you bring to this board, and I'm frankly tired of it.

Too bad that my comment about Texas offends you. I'm an ass? Tell me something new. I've always admitted on this big pee pee site to being a big, flaming ass(hole) and a snob. Nothing new. I'm up to the job. But in lieu of the 5 folks on the Texas Board of Education's Text Book selection committee, the irony of Nick of the Sixes suddenly quoting Thomas Jefferson is WAY too ironic -- and hysterically funny. :smile:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Markey threatened amid health care vote

WASHINGTON, D.C. - A Colorado member of has received threatening calls at her Washington office, according to NBC News. Rep. Betsy Markey's (D-Colorado) chief of staff confirmed her office had reported two separate incidents to the Capitol police and asked Fort Collins police to step up patrols around Markey's home and her district office.

Anne Caprara said the calls came on Saturday before the House cast its final vote on She said in the first, the caller said to one of Markey's staff members, "better hope I don't run into you in a dark alley with a knife, a club or a gun."
In another instance, a caller said something like "better tell your boss that she better be careful when she comes back here to Colorado."
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=135242&catid=339

B_hijack

Experimental Member
Media
Anne Caprara said the calls came on Saturday before the House cast its final vote on She said in the first, the caller said to one of Markey's staff members, "better hope I don't run into you in a dark alley with a knife, a club or a gun."

Those adorable Republicans and their family values. Jesus would be proud.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Why do you assume it was a republican? Most extremists do not belong to either major party.

Again, I'm seeing hate coming from both sides. Radicals will resort to violence, no matter what side of the fence of you're on. Hate speech is not unique to one party, religion, etc.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Again, I'm seeing hate coming from both sides. Radicals will resort to violence, no matter what side of the fence of you're on. Hate speech is not unique to one party, religion, etc.
There's this thing called reasoning perhaps you should try it. If Democrats are threatened and Republicans are the ones making the threats then reason dictates that if a threat is carried out then a Republican is the perpetrator.

B_hijack

Experimental Member
Media
Why do you assume it was a republican? Most extremists do not belong to either major party.

Well, they are likely political, otherwise they wouldn't care. If they are political then they likely have a party affiliation. Since they certainly wouldn't be Democrats, and likely not Independents, I can only assume they they are Republicans. This is a slight tautology, and not even the main reason why I think these terrorists are Republican. The real reason is their history of violence.

Not one GOP leader has stepped out and asked their constituents to end the violence. Not one! McCain's half-hearted appeal doesn't count. The Republican leadership has been encouraging the violence. The other day, GOP Rep. Steve King told a crowd, "Let's beat that other side to a pulp! Let's take them out! Let's chase them down! There's going to be a reckoning!" Imagine a congressman saying this!?!?!

Sarah Palin told her fans to "reload" and used the scope target image over Democrats who voted for healthcare.

This is barbaric, uncivilized behavior. They are irresponsible in inciting civil violence and, again, showing they they are sore losers.

I thought that the GOP platform was simply, "We don't have a platform, we just hate Obama, and we'll use the filibuster as much as possible." Now I'm thinking it's, "Pick up your guns and stop Obama at all costs!"

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This has gone way beyond hate speech. We're talking about ACTS OF VIOLENCE and DEATH THREATS towards duly elected members of congress.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, while i have no doubt that many of these wingnuts may in fact be republicans, and are complete lunatics, let us remember the various movements of the 1990s (all those weird militant groups)....

IIRC and i may be off here since i do not pay attention to these nutters, but weren't all those groups like the Michigan Militia, sort of these non-aligned, non-party Whackos in general, sitting out in the woods in camouflage? The black helicopter crowd who don't trust *ANYONE* in the government?

I could be wrong since as i said, i do not pay attention to these nuts...but guys like them, the Unabomber, the guy who just flew his plane into the federal building, Terry Nichols/Timothy McVeigh and all these guys, tend to be unaligned, and just batshit crazy and furious at everything Federal,no?

Oswald, Hinckley, nutcases all.

I know there are plenty of neo-nazis, white power types around, and they hate everyone.

these nuts hate federalism in general, think the UN is taking over America, and a host of other novel concepts...and it is not a stretch for them to hate blacks, jews, democrats, republicans, catholics etc. alike.

If anyone has more knowledge of these groups and their political alignments i will gladly defer to their knowledge on the topic, as i stopped paying attention to these loonies some time in the mid-90s.

cdunstan1

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You know, I belong to the Coffee Party and am so not a teabagger. Well except with my husband. But this how Lenin and the Bolsheviks grabbed power in Russia and Hitler and the Nazis did it in Germany. I’m not Republican or Democrat. The only party affiliation I confess is to the nascent Coffee Party. Obama won in 2008. For the first time in 12 years we had a clear message from all over America. The 46.5% that weren’t on board will have to live with it. Like the 49+% who weren’t on board with “W”.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Late late update: The Associated Press is calling this a "possible gunshot" and describes the office as that of a political consultant for Cantor, not his campaign office.
But Cantor's spokesman, Brad Dayspring, tells TPMDC that it was indeed his campaign office.
Late late late update: From the local paper: "Cantor, in an interview with the Richmond Times-Dispatch, said he doesn't know whether the shot was random or aimed at the building."

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...-of-using-threats-for-political-gain.php#more

In other words, Cantor LIED

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, while i have no doubt that many of these wingnuts may in fact be republicans, and are complete lunatics, let us remember the various movements of the 1990s (all those weird militant groups)....

I know there are plenty of neo-nazis, white power types around, and they hate everyone.

these nuts hate federalism in general, think the UN is taking over America, and a host of other novel concepts...and it is not a stretch for them to hate blacks, jews, democrats, republicans, catholics etc. alike.

That pretty much sums it up.

But...

Sarah Palin and Glen Beck are beloved by many members of such groups or from like minded lone wolfs with houses full of weaponry, which is a LOT of people in this country.

Glen Beck and Sarah Palin say that they are Libertarians or whatever, but they are nothing more than right wing conservatives in reality. They are soldiers in the conservative army and are as closely aligned with the Republicans as anyone could get.

Many Republicans don't like black or brown folk, they are simply racist. Many of those same Republicans have a house full of guns and a desire to destroy all things that are liberal.

I have known a few skinheads and white power junkies in my day. They are all fiscal conservatives simply because they don't want any of their tax dollars going to help any ethnic people.

They are now all grown up and are the people coming to the health care rallies with guns strapped to their legs exercising their "right to bear arms".

Why do the history books not portray the KKK as the terrorists that they were?

There is always been a strong undercurrent of white supremacy throughout this country's history.

It is alive and well today.

Blacks, Jews, Asians and Hispanics are not in any way a part of these militias, they are almost exclusively Anglo-European.

Right wing militia members make GREAT bed partners with the Republican party.

The tea parties are inventions of the conservative right wing, they are pulling the strings. There should be no confusion about this matter.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
Ah, the amusing irony of someone who lives in Texas quoting Thomas Jefferson. :biggrin1:...........I think it's unusual also since the school text book committee kicked Tomas out and replaced him with some religious nut. I think John Calvin but need to look it up.