RIP Amy Winehouse

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not sad, not shocked, it's like suicide, but without the sadness.

+1

I almost forgot about her until I saw this on the news this morning. Sure she was talented but that doesn't negate the fact that she didn't take her addiction seriously and probably wasn't that great of a person , not to mention the racism allegations. Racist addicts die everyday.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
+1

I almost forgot about her until I saw this on the news this morning. Sure she was talented but that doesn't negate the fact that she didn't take her addiction seriously and probably wasn't that great of a person , not to mention the racism allegations. Racist addicts die everyday.
What racism allegations?
I haven`t heard anything.
Addicts don`t usually take their problem seriously, they usually aren`t aware of it!

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For my parents generation it was Jim Morrison, for mine it was Kurt Cobain and for the Gen Ys and Mellennials it's Amy Winehouse. All talented and troubled souls who died too young at 27. What more can be said?

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For my parents generation it was Jim Morrison, for mine it was Kurt Cobain and for the Gen Ys and Mellennials it's Amy Winehouse. All talented and troubled souls who died too young at 27. What more can be said?
M, I wouldn't be too quick to list KC even tho he was talented, he made the decision on his own to end his life and not seek help. I mean he literally jumped the fence at the rehab before his death.
For me, The immortal John Lennon's death always stands out as the quintessential taken too soon death. And died because of some delusional idiot.

S

superbot

Drugs again! There will still be people who think it's cool to do drugs.Lessons are rarely are learnt.Maybe her death at 27 might just cause those who chose this path to stop in their tracks and think this could be me!!

Poor ol Amy. :(

She recorded this last yr - hadn't hear it before. Great voice still.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
Drugs again! There will still be people who think it's cool to do drugs.Lessons are rarely are learnt.Maybe her death at 27 might just cause those who chose this path to stop in their tracks and think this could be me!!

The fact that she is the latest member of the 27 club (really that the club itself exists in the first place) speaks to this logical already having been invalidated. It wasn't drugs for every member but their life styles speak for themselves.

Rest in peace Amy. I'm not all that shocked to see you go but your music will live on on my iPod for all time.

JSZ

Scott2005

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This really sad. I've never been a fan. I've always thought that instead of praising her for her talent, people should have been making sure she got the help she needed.

I recognize her talent though. 'Tears Dry on Their Own' and 'Love is a Losing Game' are actually really really good.

I guess that song 'Rehab' is ironic now, huh?

RIP.