RIP Amy Winehouse

She was a crack whore/alcoholic singer. Funny that the papers are trying to say she died from alcohol withdrawl.

They're trying to say that she didn't drink for three weeks and somehow the lack of alcohol killed her. Which I find hard to believe.
You're all heart, Incs. :rolleyes:

Looking back at a few interviews, she seems like a pretty sweet person - undone by drink and drugs. :(

She also had a fucking amazing voice.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're all heart, Incs. :rolleyes:

Looking back at a few interviews, she seems like a pretty sweet person - undone by drink and drugs. :(

She also had a fucking amazing voice.
Exactly. It's a shame - when some people get money, they blow it on drink and drugs. I can't say I was/am a huge fan, but she had a lot to offer the music world.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Adele has a better voice and is a much better role model. Amy was just a druggy with a 'strange' voice/way of singing.

People are 'paying their respects' to her by getting pissed and causing disturbances outside her house. Such is her legacy.

Adele has a better voice and is a much better role model. Amy was just a druggy with a 'strange' voice/way of singing.

People are 'paying their respects' to her by getting pissed and causing disturbances outside her house. Such is her legacy.
Lol - how is Adele a better role model? Yes she's down to earth but she's always on the piss too, lol.

Their voices were comparable imo - Adele's is brilliant and powerful. Amy's was soulful, smoky...and fascinating. More jazz than Adele's, I guess?

But yeh - getting pissed to remember her, etc is stupid. It's why she died ffs. :/

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I want to shag Adele. That's how she's a better role model. At least, if she does get pissed I don't hear about it as often as I used to hear about Wino!

I want to shag Adele. That's how she's a better role model. At least, if she does get pissed I don't hear about it as often as I used to hear about Wino!
True, lol. But...u heard Adele's laff? Tis funny, to be fair. :p

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Adele wouldn't have a career if Amy hadn't blazed that particular trail first. Just sayin'.

Why would Adele not have a career without Amy Winehouse? Please explain.

2006–08: Career beginnings

Adele graduated from The BRIT School for Performing Arts & Technology in Croydon in May 2006,[33][34] where she was classmates with Leona Lewis and Jessie J.[3][35] Adele credits the school with nurturing her talent.[36] In school, she was more interested in going into A&R, and hoped to launch other people's careers.[3] Four months later, she published two songs on the fourth issue of the online arts publication PlatformsMagazine.com.[37] She had recorded a three-song demo for a class project and gave it to a friend[3] who posted it on Myspace where it became very successful and led to a phone call from music label XL Recordings.[35] She doubted if the offer was real because the only record company she knew was Virgin Records, and she took a friend with her to the meeting.[35][38] Nick Huggett at XL recommended Adele to manager Jonathan Dickins at September Management and in June 2006 Dickins became her official representative.[39] September was managing Jamie T at the time and this proved a major attraction for Adele who was a big fan of the English singer-songwriter. Huggett then signed Adele to XL in September 2006.[39] Adele provided vocals for Jack Peñate's song, "My Yvonne", from his debut album.[40]

Source: wikipedia

Maybe I've missed it but I don't see Amy Winehouse mentioned anywhere.

S

superbot

Lol - how is Adele a better role model? Yes she's down to earth but she's always on the piss too, lol.

Their voices were comparable imo - Adele's is brilliant and powerful. Amy's was soulful, smoky...and fascinating. More jazz than Adele's, I guess?

But yeh - getting pissed to remember her, etc is stupid. It's why she died ffs. :/
Er,I don't think you can possibly compare Adele's social drinking with Amy's industrial strengh 'collapse on the spot' binges!!

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Found dead in her home in Camden at 15:54. What a sad waste of a life and a great talent. The poor girl deserved better and should have received more help with her problems.

What can I say... Our fucked up society is more interested in the celebrity train-wrecks than in the people behind them.

Oh, yes, she fucked up REAL good, more than once... but our goddamned MEDIA fed into it. What she needed is one of the shits to put down the damned camera, and intervene... even if she says she didn't want it.

She may have had her reasons for abuse... (experimentation, stress, who knows)... A friend of mine (who can be a total asshole) has this expression.. suck it up, buttercup.

I know I'm probably going to meet an early death, cause I'm a substance abuser too (Alcohol, and painkillers... I take them for pain, even tho they no longer work...)

Also, doesn't hurt to be able to take a step back to "observer mode" to check out your situation clinically vs being the person in the spot.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
R.I.P Amy

I'm guessing life has been very painful the past few years so Im at least glad you're through suffering anymore. But incredibly sad to not be hearing any more music from you. Ever.