RIP Fess Parker..

Charles Finn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
dropping like flies
yes i was blessed in the early days of cable and syndication in the days when they actually showed shows instead of infomercials
I saw both shows

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Better to die in your 70s, 80s, 90s, or 100s than a person who dies at 38, 50, or 29. At least some of these people lived their lives and long healthy.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Oh I remember this like it was yesterday. I had a coonskin hat! RIP Mr Parker!
YouTube - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett. Fess Parker.
Well to you it practically was yesterday. It's all relative, ya know?

Anyway, thanks for that Nudie. Who knew there were so many (god awful) verses to that song?
I still have my coonskin cap, though the tail disintegrated long ago. (Do not go there.)

Daniel Boone was a BIG man.

Fond memories of Fess Parker on TV.

Note of trivia: I once worked with a lady that was a descendant of Daniel Boone.
Daniel Boone was apparently not a big man, in stature at any rate, though ol' Fess was, and that's why people think that. Unless you know something else, in which case, please do tell.

Around these parts, a lot of people claim to be descended from Crockett, Boone, etc. mostly Andrew Jackson. They's alot of that around here, the DAR don't count for shit.

Thus sayeth Maxcok, from "the greenest state in the land of the free". And it is, it truly is.

Last edited:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Several years ago, my brother was employed at The Alamo which is where he met his wife where she worked as well. As a boy, I briefly had a Davy Crockett cap, no idea what happened to it, nor do I care. I have no idea why I had that cap, where it came from or when. Quite frankly it was an annoying cap and it made no sense to me why so many animals had their tails chopped off.

Parker entertained a generation of youngsters and helped give them hours of fun as they imagined themselves in the times of Boone or Crockett, many an eye is moist by those remembering him now.