RIP my friend Tom, aka MetalPenguin666

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I followed it for two weeks, scanning every obituary, police blotter, and news story in every local paper in eastern PA and western Maryland. There is no mention of an accident involving anyone remotely matching the description of MetalPenguin666, nor of anyone dying who would match his description either. We're talking a lot of small town papers which even report accidents in which no one was hurt. There had, sadly, been quite a few stories about various auto accidents in which people did die and each one was well-covered by local media.

I've PM'd the originator of this thread for information but have received no reply. I have spoken to others here who knew him from the chat room and have confirmed that he did claim to live in the area of Pennsylvania in which I have been searching.

I am inclined to believe that this thread is a fraud until I discover or receive any further verifiable information.
Certainly seems to be fraudulent information in the OP
D, that is typically sweet of you. But, if I had to bet, I'd say we were all the victims of a fraud. And anyone who would use this type of ruse to gain sympathy--much less put a fictitious character to rest--is reprehensible.
agreed it is terrible to lead people to believe a sad thing like this happened when it didn't.

What ever... Let's try a little kindness and not trash Tom... 'Tis the Season.
I am confused considering your later comments which are following those by this member jason els.
No. I'd rather not be played for a fool nor see my friends put in the same situation. I believe it's best to call out a fraud trying to play on the sympathies of myself and others in the most reprehensible manner possible. This goes beyond the usual fake pictures and profiles.

If the OP/Tom wants to apologize or to present facts of this supposed incident then he's free to do so and then I'd be happy to entertain either.
I agree completely with your take on this. Thanx for speaking up and speaking the truth.
I hope you'all don't find me rude for bumping up this thread... but...

Having lost a dear friend this week, I went to my Yahoo Messenger contact list to remove him from it, and while there, decided to clean up my list... and there was MetalPenguin666.

I got a bit teary eyed, 'cause "Tom" was actually the first person I spent a lot of time chatting with online when I was a Newbie on the Net. I knew him from another site besides LPSG where we chatted a lot, and then countless times on Yahoo Messenger.

So, I decided to revisit this thread.

I see that there was no conclusion to it, and that the OP, Rubixian7 never bothered to respond to it, even though he remained active on the site.

I didn't want to doubt that "Tom" and his amazing cock was for real, because I felt like we had an actual friendship... I think we chatted and played around for 4 years... ?...

All that time, I asked him to get a webcam, since they were so affordable now, and why not?, since we were jacking off while chatting... Always there was an excuse not to... he couldn't afford one, although going on about his new guitar, games, hard drive, car, aand his two high maintenance girlfriends ...his supposed menage a trois.

Then, one day, surfing the net, I found a set of pics... Same cock, same crotch tattoos, same kinda scrawny pale body... sans the on-stage Rock Dude pic... But, there was one with a different angle, only one tattoo, not 2, (he had told me that he got them both at the same time... Come to think of it, his rather studly, sturdy, dressed rock band pic never did make sense with his really skinny nude pics... ?)

I copied and sent the "new" pic to "Tom", with a warning that his photos were being used by someone else, and a couple days later he replied that his ex-girlfriend had posted that one all over the Net out of spite. He then added it to one of his profiles.

Sadly, I stopped believing him... Towards the end of our communications, after I rather insisted that he cam with me, he asked me if I'd be interested in meeting his Yahoo Messenger friend named "Jeff"...

As the OP has not ever come forward about questions on this thread, I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Oh well, "Tom".. it was good for me!... R.I.P.

I'm sorry if I've disturbed anyone by posting this, but, I felt the need to tell people that others truly are effected by who and what you claim to be as "friends" online.

Onan

Here's something else: "Tom's" death was announced on 11/13/09, but on MetalPenguin666's profile page, his latest activity was on 10/31/10... Halloween.

Case closed!
So I guess he really wasn't dead.

I miss jason_els :frown:
I have no idea who he is or why jason els isn't posting anymore I glanced at his posts and he seems like a nice man, hope he returns soon. I appreciate how he called out a fraud.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I have no idea who he is or why jason els isn't posting anymore I glanced at his posts and he seems like a nice man, hope he returns soon. I appreciate how he called out a fraud.

Jason was one of the nicest, sweetest, most intelligent men to post here. He was capable of great humour too.

He died though. For real and proper - not an internet character demise, but a real life illness and death that left a huge gap both here and in the real world.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Jason died of esophageal cancer on 18 January, 2010, tragically one month after he'd been declared cancer-free after more than a year long battle.

He was that rare poster that makes this site the best it can be and one of those rare persons who was my dearest and best friend.

I miss jason_els :frown:

Me, too, MB. Me too.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He was that rare poster that makes this site the best it can be and one of those rare persons who was my dearest and best friend.

I didn't know him as you did, and i'm sure his contributions to this site weren't the crowning achievement of his life, but without getting too moist and choked up, it does stand as a sort of cock-eye'd tribute that this damn site hasn't been worth a f* since his passing.

remember kids: one voice can make a difference.

bimetaldude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
after reading every page on this thread I am so confused. Tom was dead but not really dead and now jason really died?

Whomever really passed, RIP. Interesting topic. I have 5 friends on Facebook that have died since June of 2010 til todays date. So sad. :(

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
after reading every page on this thread I am so confused. Tom was dead but not really dead and now jason really died?

Whomever really passed, RIP. Interesting topic. I have 5 friends on Facebook that have died since June of 2010 til todays date. So sad. :(

ya u need to get the dvd's for the last 6 seasons and catch up.

curious to know: are your FB 'friends" people u actually knew in RL or just somebody that occasionally poked/liked you on FB?

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

The Tom story was fake, as were other "Deaths" posted on the forum to kill off their second profile.

Jason actually passed away in real life.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, maybe it's a good thing that I bumped this thread up. I was not aware that Jason had died. He truly was a conscience voice here.

At first I was so shocked and saddened about "Tom's" death, then I became angry that someone I had been in a lot of contact with for several years was a fraud. I was new to this and naive.

Guess it was all a "Get Real" lesson.