D

deleted15807

What a voice. There will never be another Teddy :sad:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

That's just the song that I wanted to post. Today a DJ showed his ignorance when his co-host asked if Teddy Pendergrass sung the song "Wake Up Everybody". The DJ said "Pendergrass had nothing to do with that song" and that "Harold Melvin" sung it. Sadly he did not know Teddy Pendergrass was a former member of the singing group "Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes" and that he sang this song and many other successful recordings for this group. He quit the group at the height of its success after his request to have the group retitled "Teddy Pendergrass & the Blue Notes" was refused.

Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's just the song that I wanted to post. Today a DJ showed his ignorance when his co-host asked if Teddy Pendergrass sung the song "Wake Up Everybody". The DJ said "Pendergrass had nothing to do with that song" and that "Harold Melvin" sung it. Sadly he did not know Teddy Pendergrass was a former member of the singing group "Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes" and that he sang this song and many other successful recordings for this group. He quit the group at the height of its success after his request to have the group retitled "Teddy Pendergrass & the Blue Notes" was refused.

Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love that story...

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
he battled colon cancer for the last 3 yrs and i heard his son talking on the radio(here in philly) saying teddy was having a really bad/hard time with recovery.
more than a great talent(hall of fame worthy) he also was a philanthropist in regards of spinal cord injuries/recovery.

here in philly(his hometown) on sunday the r and b stations proclamied it teddy pendergrass day.
all of ya'll just raise a glass for the legend....RIP

my latest my greatest inspiration is my FAVORITE song by him.
oh yeah can't forget one of my many theme songs, "The whole world's laughin' at me"

London_Calling

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Whenever I need to feel warm & fuzzy, even when I'm on my own, I light lots of candles, pour a glass of wine and throw Teddy's greatest hits on the stereo (vinyl is still the best way to listen that voice).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2axbXDjYqA
Harold Melvin the blue notes - The Love I Lost

Last edited: