RIP to my fallen brothers in arms

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is indeed very tragic and I am sorry to hear of your personal loss. Words seem inadequate but I hope you will find comfort im heartfelt words of comfort. They and all service men and women are truly among the bravest.

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When can we get the fuck out of there?

This is not the time nor place for you to spew your leftist prattle.

Real men have lost their lives doing their job. And as far as being through and leaving that country, the job is not finished. Until you put YOUR time in, risk YOUR life, go without hot food, hot showers, and everything else you take for granted now, I am not the least bit interested in hearing YOUR opinion on the war.

LCpl USMC

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Thank you to everyone for the kind words. Regardless of your beliefs concerning our involvement in Afghanistan (or anywhere else), these individuals are true heros who were willing to sacrifice themselves for something they believed in.

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you to everyone for the kind words. Regardless of your beliefs concerning our involvement in Afghanistan (or anywhere else), these individuals are true heros who were willing to sacrifice themselves for something they believed in.

Oorah!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Unfortunately, I think this thread is going to go downhill really fast unless you all just holster your cyber pistols and STFU. This is not the time or the place for it and I mean both sides.

Truly sorry for your loss.

atlclgurl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Unfortunately, I think this thread is going to go downhill really fast unless you all just holster your cyber pistols and STFU. This is not the time or the place for it and I mean both sides.

^^

Our nation grieves for the loss of its most elite warriors, this is not the time for vitriol on either side.

Sgt., U.S. Army

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
This is not the time or the place for it and I mean both sides................May the favorable winds carry them to Valahala.........

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
As always your military does what it is told without question and I support them and grieve the loses. These men and women deserve our complete respect. Rest in peace and my thoughts go out to thier loved ones.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This topic was placed in a politics forum so I presume it is expected to get political comments rather than simple condolence. Soldiers do what they have always done, they carry out their duties and they die doing so. They are respected for this. But this says nothing at all about the sense or otherwise of those who order them into battle.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Share the loss and my sincere condolences
Since time immemorial i have shaken my head at mankinds foolishness
Singular or groups the death of any soul has to be answerable to someone.

We NZ/Au have our ANZAC commemoration, but are finally now incorporating the deaths of the Brave Turks as much now
did not seem to be the case 20 odd years ago .. by my understanding
enz

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, europeans are more likely now to have joint commemorations of all dead from the world wars. Though I think some of the soldiers themselves always had considerable respect for their enemies.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is what happened in my city the other day:

Cop killer left two-page suicide note | SignOnSanDiego.com

This thread was placed in the Politics forum. Living in the world's largest military base- trust me, I hear these incidents ALL THE TIME. I am very sorry for your loss, but without addressing the reasons WHY your friend died, we are allowing it to continue again and again and again.

Last edited:

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
This topic was placed in a politics forum so I presume it is expected to get political comments rather than simple condolence. Soldiers do what they have always done, they carry out their duties and they die doing so. They are respected for this. But this says nothing at all about the sense or otherwise of those who order them into battle.

This is what happened in my city the other day:

Cop killer left two-page suicide note | SignOnSanDiego.com

This thread was placed in the Politics forum. Living in the world's largest military base- trust me, I hear these incidents ALL THE TIME. I am very sorry for your loss, but without addressing the reasons WHY your friend died, we are allowing it to continue again and again and again.

To be completely honest, I had a hard time deciding where to place this post. I finally decided on the 'Politics' forum solely because it does involve our Soldiers dying in a country for a cause that leaves many questioning its validity and worth.

It was not placed to invoke (or provoke) a political discussion on should we/should we not be in Afghanistan.

I simply placed it here since I found it the most relevant forum. As I said in my original post, every loss is sad to me since I'm in the military, but it especially hits home when it involves helicopters since I fly them too.

Again, thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To be completely honest, I had a hard time deciding where to place this post. I finally decided on the 'Politics' forum solely because it does involve our Soldiers dying in a country for a cause that leaves many questioning its validity and worth.

It was not placed to invoke (or provoke) a political discussion on should we/should we not be in Afghanistan.

I simply placed it here since I found it the most relevant forum. As I said in my original post, every loss is sad to me since I'm in the military, but it especially hits home when it involves helicopters since I fly them too.

Again, thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts.

I did not mean any offense to you, and if it came off that way, I'm sorry. My only point was that I've heard this sad lament way too many times to NOT make a comment pondering why we are still there. So many young lives lost- and the politicians who sent us there and keep us there can't even satisfactorily explain why.