Rip

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I've read (I think ot was "The Bra Whisperer") that bras are designed to last 6 months, toss 'em after that. I've known a lot of women with whom I'm comfortable enough to discuss these matters (they bring up this exact issue of wire breakout), and not one ever said they followed this even remotely. I can sympathize, as making a several hundred dollar investment twice a year on undergarments seems preposterous. But if the wire broke out, the fabric has worn out, no doubt the elastic is also shot, and the bra is no longer doing more than acting as a nipple cover.

Regarding why nothing better has been designed, my wife and a friend have tried for years now to develop some way to combat underboob sweat at our nudist camp. It's a scourge for them. They've sewn up various fabric contraptions to sling under and around and betwixt and between. They deemed every one a failure. We all just kinda chuckle....engineering is tricky business, and making something functional AND esthetically pleasing (their goal) is a monumental achievement.

I firmly believe that nothing new will emerge until we manage to master levitation....the same guy or lady who develops a compact, fully-contained hoverboard will move right into bras with no underwires, straps or bands....just a pair of comfy cups that lift and separate, maybe give a little teasing jiggle....

That lucky bastard will rule the world....

Reactions: Holly Doors

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I'm paying all that money for a bra I expect it to last longer than my car! I had one turn on me a while back and had me bleeding.

Right after Christmas I bought my latest, a pretty cobalt blue and paid out the wazoo for it. I wore it for a week, and it just never felt right. I thought about washing it again, but then I figured maybe new bras need breaking in now. I've never had to break one in before.

The last straw came Sunday when I said enough. I put on my old bra and went shopping when I saw the the fitter would be at my local store. I thought it was my guy, but this was a woman. I liked my guy. I don't know her. But I went ahead anyway.

She told me my problem was that I needed a cup size larger than what I was wearing. I told her this one fit fine, and she said "you stretched it."

Well, fuck it! I just paid $76 for a new bra in my size, and that is my size. I gave her the brand and style, and she said I needed a DDD.

Well, Miss Stubborn here didn't even try on a new bra. I just left. I'm going to wait for my guy to come back and try again.

Now, watch, now that I've said it my old bra is going to turn on me.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
If I'm paying all that money for a bra I expect it to last longer than my car! I had one turn on me a while back and had me bleeding.

Right after Christmas I bought my latest, a pretty cobalt blue and paid out the wazoo for it. I wore it for a week, and it just never felt right. I thought about washing it again, but then I figured maybe new bras need breaking in now. I've never had to break one in before.

The last straw came Sunday when I said enough. I put on my old bra and went shopping when I saw the the fitter would be at my local store. I thought it was my guy, but this was a woman. I liked my guy. I don't know her. But I went ahead anyway.

She told me my problem was that I needed a cup size larger than what I was wearing. I told her this one fit fine, and she said "you stretched it."

Well, fuck it! I just paid $76 for a new bra in my size, and that is my size. I gave her the brand and style, and she said I needed a DDD.

Well, Miss Stubborn here didn't even try on a new bra. I just left. I'm going to wait for my guy to come back and try again.

Now, watch, now that I've said it my old bra is going to turn on me.

I keep hearing the expert fitters saying that women tend to buy a band that's too large and cups that are too small. And that women tend to fight them tooth and nail about it.

In my opinion: boobies!!!

Reactions: Holly Doors

merc41

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Dumb question. Why do sleep in your bra? My wife of 40 plus years has never worn a bra to bed. But I know what you mean I've been jabbed by the underwire many times trying to sneak a quick feel. Gives a whole new meaning to boobie trap.

Reactions: Gj816

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I keep hearing the expert fitters saying that women tend to buy a band that's too large and cups that are too small. And that women tend to fight them tooth and nail about it.

In my opinion: boobies!!!

Exactly! For years I wore a 34G bra, and I thought it fit. Then I finally got fitted professionally, and he admonished me on two counts: one, a woman of a certain size should be fitted professionally as soon as possible, and two, I was wearing a bra two inches wider than I needed and a cup size too small.

When I tried it on it was like "you gotta be shittin' me!"

We just try on bras until we find the first one that fits and we stop looking, naturally. But that's not how it's supposed to be.

If you're bigger than a C cup go get fitted. Most stores offer it as a courtesy.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Dumb question. Why do sleep in your bra? My wife of 40 plus years has never worn a bra to bed. But I know what you mean I've been jabbed by the underwire many times trying to sneak a quick feel. Gives a whole new meaning to boobie trap.

Hell I never sleep in my bras (apart from when I've fallen asleep on the couch) I can't wait to get my bra off never mind sleeping in one Lol

thedrainman

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My only issue with underwires was trying to get one out from the drum of a washing machine - absolute nightmare! My wife does not wear these now as the chemotherapy has shrunk her boobs a bit - I don't care about the size so long as she is alive.