risk

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by bairdoman, Oct 7, 2007.

1. bairdoman

bairdoman New Member

hi all,

please indulge me. i know this has been answered a million times before, and i just read the statistics, but im looking for some peace of mind.

i just hooked up with a guy last night, randomly. i hadn't ever been with a guy. i topped him, with a condom, so that was fine. we also did a lot of oral.

ive been with two women before, but i knew them pretty well (long-term friendships etc). everything was always safe, and we never did oral. this guy however-- i have no idea what his background is, status, etc.

what exactly are the risks associated with oral? i have heard they are nonexistent, but then also i have heard some people say (in an alarmist tone) that they exist. am i just worrying too much, or should i be worried since i didn't know this guy's history?

thanks

(and please don't be too angry i'm asking--im sure its been asked a million times before)

2. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

The risk is miniscule but I suppose it could exist If he has any sores in his mouth and is HIV+ and he then managed to cut the skin of your penis or foreskin or you had cuts there already then it could happen since blood to blood contact is a known manner of transmitting

Then there is also herpes which if he has that he can transmit Read on herpes simplex one and two and find more about how that works I know it can be sent to you but not sure the detals

There may be other sexual transmitted diseases (STD) which can be given Check with a doctor if you are still worried and get the tests of blood to ease your mind.

3. vinnyc

vinnyc Member

Albums:

Hi Bairdoman,

I understand your concern. Personnaly, I would be more worrying about getting the other STDs just like syphillis or herpes than HIV.

Unless he bled in your mouth and that you had yourself a bleeding cut/sore in your mouth where a blood-to-blood contact has been established (infected blood getting into your bloodstream), there's no risk at all.

The risk is statistically 1 over 10,000 to get HIV from oral sex with a person who is, for sure, HIV+, which means virtually zero on a single act.

For your peace of mind, you can do the testing after 6 weeks, which is enough for a negative result to conclude that you don't have HIV and you will be able to sleep peacefully.

If you fall into a blood-contact case, you might want to ask your doctor to prescribe you a HIV PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis).

It is a treatment where you take anti-retro-viral drugs just like the ones HIV+ people take. The combination (just one, two three or more) will depend on the level of risk you took and the doctor will judge. This treatment is recommended from 1h up to 72 hours after the exposure. After that, it is not sure if it will be efficient. But keep in mind this is a serious treatment that you will have to follow rigorously for 4 weeks, and statistics showed 80% of success only if taken quickly and whenever the person you got exposed to was HIV+ for sure. Moreover, side effects are awful.

So, as far as I am concerned, I think you are fine and don't need this at all (I'm not a doctor and this is a personal opinion) when considering your case and the very low level of risk you took. That would be equivalent to use a nuclear bomb to kill a fly (if there was indeed any fly).

So keep going on safe sex, man.

vinnyc

4. pleasureboy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Dude just use a condom for intercourse and only have oral if your mouth is healthy and if the guy seems clean. If something doesn't look right or smell right about his cock don't put it in your mouth.

In reality though, your chances of STDs with a guy is way lower than with a woman. We just don't have the big wet sesspool for everything to grow in. The main risk is HIV of course, but condoms and common sense take care of most of that.

5. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I can't believe you actually posted that, and I hope no one takes you seriously.

6. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

IDIOT ALERT :rolleyes: That has to be the most stupid post I have seen on this site in a long while.

7. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

Go get yourself checked out to ease your mind.

The chances are you didn't get anything, but this should be a warning to you that getting caught up in the moment isn't going to get you anywhere. There are risks with oral sex in a non monogamous relationship, but they are lower than vaginal or anal sex. Nobody likes to hear it and nobody likes to do it, but if you don't know a person's history, you shouldn't be doing oral without a condom. We can at any given time have tiny scratches in our mouths that we don't even know are there.

The Truth About STDs - The Body

Sexually transmitted disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Draft saved Draft deleted