Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not brand new, but possibly of interest:

The hole truth
THINK twice if you're considering wearing jewellery in an intimate place. Although only 3 per cent of people with such body piercings ever seek medical advice, about 60 per cent suffer associated health problems, acording to a survey of 147 people with nipples or genital piercings, or both.
Many reported mild problems, such as too much sensititivy or skin irritations. However, 39 per cent of men with genital piercings has urinary flow problems. This is because one type of piercing in particular, known as a Prince Albert, creates an extra hole in the urethra. Eighteen per cent of men with genital piercings reported that they sometimes led to torn condoms (Journal of Advanced Nursing, vol 49, p 474).
Carol Caliendo at Carlow University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, whose team did the survey, believes most people stay away from doctors because they suspect they do not know much about piercings.
- New Scientist, 5 March 2005

phantom73

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The only urinary flow problems I've experienced with my PA is that the urine will sometimes travel along the jewelry and go places it's not aimed. This only happens when I'm trying to stand and aim into a toilet bowl. otherwise, it's really not an issue for me. I've had it for 13 years and love it.

phantom73

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
playainda336 said:
So basically with a PA, you have to sit down?

....mmm...methinks I might rethink getting one.

No, I don't have to sit down. I 've mastered my own technique of pushing the skin forward while peeing in a standing position. It's really not a problem for me. I have a captive bead ring in mine, and imagine that different jewelry might cause different results. Hopefully others pierced guys can comment on this. It was never enough of a problem to make me change my mind about my PA.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
phantom73 said:
No, I don't have to sit down. I 've mastered my own technique of pushing the skin forward while peeing in a standing position. It's really not a problem for me. I have a captive bead ring in mine, and imagine that different jewelry might cause different results. Hopefully others pierced guys can comment on this. It was never enough of a problem to make me change my mind about my PA.

I have a curved barbell in mine. All I have to do is hold the ball on the end against the hole and everything's fine. I don't always wear mine and when I'm not wearing it, I just hold my finger over the hole.

The only time it would be an issue is if you were wearing a continuous ring without a ball in it.

When I upgraded to a 2 gauge, the pee sprayed everywhere and the cum just sort of oozed out but the hole stretched over time and everything is like it was before. I've never had problems with UTIs or any other infections. I always wear a condom during sex as the tugging of the barbell can cause minute tears in the skin. Piercings have been linked to a slightly higher rate of STDs.

Pye

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I have a PA witha circular barbell-- I actually have LESS problem urinating now-- I used to spray but now I just move one of the balls to the tip of my penis and it makes me go in a perfect stream. I also remove it frequently and I never have a problem with urine coming out of the other hole-- I think it's because the piercing was done on an angle.

D_Poppy_Cocque

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a PA and have had it for many years now. I actually got off when I got pierced. I have had no problems with irritation and your own piss serves as a sterile cleaning agent while it is healing. I love mine and love to show it off!

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
PA, frenums and a pair of guiches here....and none have ever really caused any problems. I think if you keep them clean at the start...you really should not have any problems.

The worst problem I had with a piercing was an ear.....and it was done with a gun. It got infected.

STAY AWAY from anyone who wants to use a piercing gun on anything.

Flashlight

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
dickman45885 said:
PA, frenums and a pair of guiches here....and none have ever really caused any problems. I think if you keep them clean at the start...you really should not have any problems.

The worst problem I had with a piercing was an ear.....and it was done with a gun. It got infected.

STAY AWAY from anyone who wants to use a piercing gun on anything.

I AGREE STAY AWAY FROM GUNS. They often work for piercing ear lobes but that is it. Seriously a gun can shatter the cartilage in your ear and its just not a pretty picture.

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At one time or another I have had most of the penis piercings that people have invented names for. I think I started out (about age 19) with a frenum piercing. But my frenum was tight and pulled my cockhead over when my foreskin was retracted, so (please don't freak) I cut the frenum to release it. It was dead easy, healed very quickly, and was then much more comfortable during sex. I know I could have got a doctor to do it, but I had done my own piercings, I knew how to set up a sterile field and it was just a little bit of skin.

Next, I had a couple of foreskin piercings, then dydoes and a PA. The dydoes migrated (moved towards the surface) so they had to go. I didn't find the PA comfortable in jeans with my foreskin rolled forward, so I got into the habit of keeping it rolled back. People are right; the stream of urine follows the ring and you can't aim reliably. I soon got used to sitting down. (You have to do that to take a dump, so wtf?). I liked the PA. Nice sensations from that one. The foreskin piercings weren't doing anything for me aesthetically or erotically so I took them out. I had a fancy to try an ampallang. That was interesting. Bled a lot when it was pierced, and took a very long time to heal. It was more comfortable once I'd upgraded to thicker (1/8") jewellery, and my gf liked the sensations from the 1/4" balls on each end. I didn't like getting my foreskin pinched between one of the stainless steel balls and my jeans each time it rolled forward, so I had myself circumcised (when I was 30, in hospital, under a general anaesthetic). I have never met another guy who has voluntarily been circumcised in adulthood. I'm really happy to have had both a cut, and an un-cut penis. I enjoyed some of the foreskin sensations I remember, but I do prefer my circumcised cock. I'm assuming that only people really interested in penis piercings and modifications are still reading this (If you are not; look away now). I had seen pictures of meatonomy and subincision and curiosity (plus my need for sexual adventure) eventyually drove me to abandon the PA in favour of a meatonomy. (If you don't know these terms, you can google for them.) It was all good, and over several years and several more little 'operations', I eventually divided the top of my cockhead too. (Hence: Riven650. ie. riven in twain, or split cockhead on a 6.5" cock.) I was then able to wear either a long ampallang barbell holding both halves together, or two shorter ones. I'm trying to summon the courage to post a picture or two, but I worry about freaking people out and receiving negative comments. I guess I'm just being shy though. At the moment I'm not wearing any cock jewellery - my wife enjoys being able to suck my cock with such abandon that she has taught herself how to deep throat me! She couldn't have done that with a cock full of jewellery. They don't teach you that in school, do they? :tongue:

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
Flashlight said:
I AGREE STAY AWAY FROM GUNS. They often work for piercing ear lobes but that is it. Seriously a gun can shatter the cartilage in your ear and its just not a pretty picture.

In the 1970s I had multiple ear-piercings.
In the 1980s however, it looked a bit "naff" as every other brickie seemed to have those twin gold hoops.
The holes never really close up .
Something to consider with piercings...
Liz Hurley had multiple piercings when a punk and now her modelling photos have to be retouched to disguise the "holes".

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nelly Gay said:
The holes never really close up .
I had one ear pierced about 1984 (with a gun). A papilloma formed (like a little brush with wee fronds that broke off and bled - partly because I couldn't leave it alone) in 1997 and I took out the stud. Now it's hard to tell which one it was.

toobig?

Experimental Member
Media
I have never had any problems with my PA. It does drip off of the bead (I have a BCR), but I just hold that part over the toilet as well and everything is fine.

Athleticman60516

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Personally, I love my PA. It is great during sex and especially feeling it as a great cocksucker gags on it when it is in their throat. That being said, I have stretched up to an 0 gauge and it is a constant reminder of the weight.

Never had any difficulty with it. Just fun.

vegasnola

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
just got my PA saturday morning about 130am....

i'm so excited for it to heal so i can completely enjoy it; it's tender but i already love how it looks and i cant wait to show it off...

Reactions: CJF88