River Phoenix or Joaquin Phoenix? Who is better?

sixlittleboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like Juaquin he has an odd attraction I think. But he also looks like the kind of guy that constantly says things that are a little stupid. I don't know maybe it's just me.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A little trivia on Stand By Me: The role of Chris Chambers was originally suppose to be played by Corey Haim. Good thing someone at the cast department changed it to River or it would have been a disaster.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
River is the only one that does not resemble his siblings. He kind of resembled a little like a very young Dean Stockwell. That is if you seen Dean as a teenager, he looked exactly like River Phoenix when he was in his teens. They could have been distant brothers.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
River, River, River, River...He is cuter, a genuis actor, and fixed in my mind forever as a beautiful young man.

Agreed. I like Joaquin--I think he's handsome and a good actor--but River really had something special. His death was a great loss.

Branleur49008

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I never thought River was that hot. Joaquin on the other hand? There's something about him I find attractive. I think River looked like a undernourished kid from the wrong side of the tracks whose parents just might have been cousins. I think Joaquin is a strapping, wholesome dude (for a vegan) who looks like a man. Or, maybe it's just because he has a larger body of work than his brother left behind.

In terms of talent, I think Joaquin is a fine actor, loved him in Walk the Line and Gladiator. I think Phoenix would have had an outstanding career and probably would have developed into one of his generation's most accomplished actors.

But still, looking below, I'd still say Joaquin got the better end of the deal in terms of genetics:

Attachments

Reactions: apartment8j

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
But still, looking below, I'd still say Joaquin got the better end of the deal in terms of genetics:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for that pic River! Where, oh where, did you find it?

Many years ago I saw a pic of River in a magazine in which he was sitting down in a chair and his pant legs were just short enough that you saw a glimpse of his hairy legs. I thought it was sooo sexy. I've looked many times for that pic but have never been able to find it. The pic you posted is different, but it's in the spirit of the photo I recall.

I never thought River was that hot. Joaquin on the other hand? There's something about him I find attractive. I think River looked like a undernourished kid from the wrong side of the tracks whose parents just might have been cousins. I think Joaquin is a strapping, wholesome dude (for a vegan) who looks like a man...

I'll agree that Joaquin has a more rugged, "manly" look, but for a lot of people the heavy eyebrows, crooked nosed, and asymmetrical features detract from his looks. I don't agree that River looks undernourished or that thing you said about his genetics. He's just thinner and prettier.

However, I must say that I love the color of Joaquin's eyes.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/ffximage/2008/02/29/joaquin_phoenix_wideweb__470x346,0.jpg
http://www.heron-productions.com/tutorials/cinematic/joaquin_phoenix.jpg
http://handson.provocateuse.com/images/photos/joaquin_phoenix_01.jpg