Road Rage

ital8

Experimental Member
Media
I don't know if it is just me, but it seems like drivers are more reckless now than ever around the holiday season. I was driving on the highway and when changing lanes the driver behind me purposely sped up to prevent me from doing so. I had my blinker on to give him fair warning, but I had to cut him him off in order to make the exit. The driver gave me the finger, but I returned the favor. I'm normally very laid back, but that just pissed me off that he/she (didn't get a good look) didn't even have the curtiousy to let me in. I'm sure everyone else can relate, especially during this time of year. Feel free to vent.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm normally very laid back, but that just pissed me off that he/she (didn't get a good look) didn't even have the curtiousy to let me in.

We can't control what other drivers do but we can control how we react to them. Giving the finger to a road rager is briefly satisfying but is it worth the risk of provoking an angry psychopath into a confrontation involving thousands of pounds of metal moving at highway speed?

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cool a subject that I can really air my sentiments on. I try not to use my blinkers period, for exactly that very reason, tell an @sshole you need to get over and they'll screw you out purposely. I stay in my lane (which would be why they painted the lines in the 1st place) and only move over when there's plenty of time and distance. Once I find a clearing, I go faster to get away from the one's that have to tailgate each other. I've seen too much NASCAR drafting at highway speeds on the roads, only these people aren't NASCAR drivers.

To be honest, road rage, I've been watching traffic for years and it's getting worse and worse. It seems the shopping is creating even more problems. These people have their heads up their @sses anyways, now they have a reason to go shopping. Even the parking lots are becoming worse than what they usually are. The problem as I see it, cellular phones, dvd players, mp3 w/ video mounted everywhere for each passenger, even the driver. Those people need to realize that if they want to watch the latest video, they need to keep their stupid @sses @ home on their couches. Their job is to drive a car when they get behind the wheel and go from point a to point b.

I shop on-line, have it delivered to where it's gotta be, saves me from actually having to shop with these people, but going to and from work is still a headache though.

PacknThick

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know if it is just me, but it seems like drivers are more reckless now than ever around the holiday season. I was driving on the highway and when changing lanes the driver behind me purposely sped up to prevent me from doing so. I had my blinker on to give him fair warning, but I had to cut him him off in order to make the exit. The driver gave me the finger, but I returned the favor. I'm normally very laid back, but that just pissed me off that he/she (didn't get a good look) didn't even have the curtiousy to let me in. I'm sure everyone else can relate, especially during this time of year. Feel free to vent.

For some reason I think that not letting someone get in front of you on the highway is a territory thing. (Plus the chance that they go at the below the speed limit, ESPECIALLY IF THEY CUT YOU OFF IN THE FAST LANE----IF THERE IS SUCH A THING IN THIS COUNTRY)What you explained for some reason I do just that, but yet when it happens to me I flip.

I wish people realized that the left-most lane should or is the Fast lane, Just like in Italy and Germany....AND THEY HAVE 2 LANE HIGHWAYS and works JUST WELL. Yet here with 4 or 5 lane highways you get the slow pokes who go the limit in the left lane. Drives me NUTZ...

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Driving any near malls this time of year is like Russian Roulette.
People are more concerned about shopping and the like than
paying attention to the road. Good thing I have a built in radar
for idiot drivers. I can spot em a mile away.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I wish people realized that the left-most lane should or is the Fast lane, Just like in Italy and Germany....AND THEY HAVE 2 LANE HIGHWAYS and works JUST WELL. Yet here with 4 or 5 lane highways you get the slow pokes who go the limit in the left lane. Drives me NUTZ...

Pet peeve of mine, too. And if you're going to pull into the left lane to pass someone, try to do it at a speed greater than 102% of the speed the person you're passing is making. Otherwise you get the phenomenon of one transport truck taking 5 minutes to pass another, and a queue of 50 cars behind it waiting for the amazing feat to be accomplished....:rolleyes:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You're right, but sometimes emotions get the best of you.

Completely understandable.

Its just that a co-worker of mine was involved in a bad smashup with injuries, court case, insurance hassles, etc, after an incident similar to what you described escalated. I once had a guy point a gun at me when I accidentally cut him off. Bad episodes left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've definitely noticed more road rage, impatience, and careless driving the last week or two. I drive in center city Philadelphia a lot, and last week was the first time I've ever gotten rattled by city driving. Usually I don't mind it or I find it pleasant. Now, finding parking, that's a totally different animal. That makes me insane.

A guy I used to work for is a prime example of why you should never try to engage road ragers. One time he was in New York and a tour bus cut him off getting into the Lincoln Tunnel. He followed the bus all the way to its destination (nowhere near where he was going), got out of his car in the middle of the street, and got in the bus and lunged at the driver. His wife and kids were in the car in the middle of the street and he had to be restrained by other passengers. Sometime later, he was on I-95 and someone did something he didn't like. The guy in the other car either pulled over or beckoned my boss to pull over, and my boss attempted to back into the guy when he got out of the car. Another time we were in Baltimore and there was a marathon so getting through the city was impossible. He was losing it in the car, and at the worst point he was driving down the light rail tracks-- mind you there's a large barrier between the tracks and the street that only goes away if there's a cross street. If a train had been coming toward us, we would have collided with it head on because there was nowhere to go. He is a scary, scary person when he's behind the wheel.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Snoozan, how can this guy still be permitted to drive? Please, please, please don't get in the car with him. If you have to sprout wings and fly, if you have to wish upon a star, if you have to swim accross the Delaware... Do not let him drive you, or be your passenger!

D_Oldman Rivver

Experimental Member
Media
Road rage is a common thing here around L.A. and you have to be careful cuz you never know where that driver may be mentally...so you just kind of let it go. Reckless are also those who do NOT know how to use there cell while driving! If you cant do both, hang up!

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's not scary, that's psychopathic. Sounds like he needs time in jail.

Snoozan, how can this guy still be permitted to drive? Please, please, please don't get in the car with him. If you have to sprout wings and fly, if you have to wish upon a star, if you have to swim accross the Delaware... Do not let him drive you, or be your passenger!

I quit working for him this year... he's really out of control and it's starting to show in all areas of his life. The road rage is just the proverbial tip of the iceberg.

It's scary to think there are other people as crazy or moreso out there on the road.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
I built a front pointing EM gun with a bank of industrial strength capacitors in the trunk. Three zapping levels.

1. fry the phone
2. fry the car
3. fry the pacemaker

I'll sell you one?

Kidding (maybe:). Building one that requires a table top plasma particle accelarator, got one? An accelerator that is.:cool:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Bumping this thread back to the top briefly because of this:

Police: Teen Who Hit SUV With Eggs Slain

By Associated Press

document.write(getElapsed("20061203T070653Z"));Sat Dec 2, 11:06 PM
UPDATED 9 HOURS 37 MINUTES AGO
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A 14-year-old boy who was throwing eggs at cars along with two other teenagers was shot and killed by someone who had been in a sport utility vehicle that was hit, police said.

Danny Crawford was killed by a gunshot wound to his upper body, Franklin County Coroner Brad Lewis said. He died in an alley on the city's west side early Saturday, authorities said.

The teens were throwing eggs at cars when an SUV that was struck chased them, Detective Tim Huston said. The vehicle stopped and several gunshots were fired, he said.

Police were looking for the shooter, who fled in the SUV, Sgt. Dana Norman said. The SUV believed to be involved was found a short time later near where Crawford died.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
While it's a horrible thing this kid was shot, I hope that it will give other kids pause before doing the same thing. I can't count the number of times I've seen kids tossing rocks off of overpasses at cars on the highway below, snowballs at cars on busy streets or just playing chicken with oncoming traffic on foot. It's stupid and it's incredibly dangerous.

I think that every kid that had ever contemplated doing this "for fun" should be placed inside a car traveling at high speed and have a rock hit it. Unnerving doesn't even begin to describe it.

Driving home in the dark on unlit country road as a car passed me going in the other direction I felt something hit my car and heard a sharp crack that sounded like a gunshot. The only thing that kept me on the road was that I froze instead of flinching. It took me twenty minutes of shaking to reach an area lit well enough that I would be able to see where my car had been hit.

No punctured metal, not a gunshot, good news! But the object thrown had managed to wedge itself into the rubber surrounding the rear side window.
The object? Drumroll please... a cookie! Chocolate chip.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
While it's a horrible thing this kid was shot, I hope that it will give other kids pause before doing the same thing. I can't count the number of times I've seen kids tossing rocks off of overpasses at cars on the highway below, snowballs at cars on busy streets or just playing chicken with oncoming traffic on foot. It's stupid and it's incredibly dangerous.

I think that every kid that had ever contemplated doing this "for fun" should be placed inside a car traveling at high speed and have a rock hit it. Unnerving doesn't even begin to describe it.

Driving home in the dark on unlit country road as a car passed me going in the other direction I felt something hit my car and heard a sharp crack that sounded like a gunshot. The only thing that kept me on the road was that I froze instead of flinching. It took me twenty minutes of shaking to reach an area lit well enough that I would be able to see where my car had been hit.

No punctured metal, not a gunshot, good news! But the object thrown had managed to wedge itself into the rubber surrounding the rear side window.
The object? Drumroll please... a cookie! Chocolate chip.

How was it?

A friend of mine had a rock dropped through her sunroof from an overpass on the QEW. :mad: