Road Rage

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm guilty. It's very hard to ignore or take the high road. *wink*

I've been hit head-on by a drunk driver. That totalled my car and almost killed me, according to the police at the scene. Also, I've been hit here in the Bay Area more times than I'd like to count right now.

It's made me less patient with the "idiots" out there. I get angry at them because they endanger my life and my property. Occasionally I lose my cool and flip them off, or honk. Then I calm down and try to remember that if I continue that behavior, soon I'll be the "idiot" and I'll cause an accident.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Many times that's the flame to ignite the Kindling thats ready to burn.

I know, that's why I check myself immediately after that so I don't continue to do something even worse. I work on handling my triggers while driving in more responsible ways. I'm quite conscious about it. I still slip up sometimes.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not regularly when i get angry, but i have been to that point. I'm not a violent person to the point of following them home and busting their windshields with a baseball bat. I dont even flip people off, but you better bet i verbally abuse them in the privacy of my own car.

What i do isnt always right or safe, but im learning to control it. I also go grocery shopping in the middle of the night to avoid traffic, trying to find a parking space and waiting in line.

I have a lot yet to overcome, but i am getting there. I'm impatient and impulsive at times.

well, i think all of us have felt extreme annoyance, and i know i have certainly cursed in the privacy of my car as well, albeit more under my breath...

I think that is good since it seems like you are not really "rageful" but you just get really annoyed by stupidity, which is something that happens to everyone...

I think even a Pastor and a Rabbi sitting in a car behind an old lady who can't see over the steeringwheel would get pretty annoyed after a while being stuck behind someone like that, and would be at least cursing a bit in their mind.

but for some people, it is uncontrollable, manifesting in physical reaction and then rage...so i think you are okay :smile:

my father would go so out of control, we'd be sitting in traffic that wasn't moving and he would just lose it completely, to the point where he would get so upset he would literally just lose control and shriek and pound his feet into the floor, and grab the wheel and literally be shaking the steering column, and then would just get worked up from there, and start screaming at nobody in particular...and if he took his hands off the steering wheel, he would literally have to ball them up in to fists and squeeze as tight as he could till his knuckles went white and his hands would shake in rage because he simply did not know what to do, or to hit, or pound the wheel or lash out

so aside from getting annoyed and cursing like a sailor, you are probably not much worse then your usual sweet self and not someone who is going to duel with people...I.e., your life and the lives of others are more important to you, evne if they annoy the living shit out of you :wink:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
There are times im thankful i am a small woman. Because if i were a huge guy i'd probably pull people out of their cars and beat the shit out of them for playing with me on the road because i want to pass them or drive faster in the left lane.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know, that's why I check myself immediately after that so I don't continue to do something even worse. I work on handling my triggers while driving in more responsible ways. I'm quite conscious about it. I still slip up sometimes.

I think we all do. I know that I need to learn patience, and allow more time for people to get up to speed, or figure out what theyre doing before going around them.

Mabee someday...

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There are times im thankful i am a small woman. Because if i were a huge guy i'd probably pull people out of their cars and beat the shit out of them for playing with me on the road because i want to pass them or drive faster in the left lane.

I dont know Good Lookin!

Sometimes the biggest Punch comes in the smaller packages!

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

well, but your "anger" at least comes from a "good place", you are angry and concerned over your safety and that of others, that your rage is built out of anger at others' lack of self conrol, as well it should be, and I applaud you for that and feel the same way.

Obviously, when you have had such a close call as you did in your accident, when you see someone who so flippantly endangers others, it is natural to go into self preservation mode...and sometimes, it is hard to keep from giving them the finger in that regard, since you are not doing it because you are mean, you are doing cause you are worried, and you know what they are doing is wrong...

being aware of your triggers, though is a good thing, and the most important thing to just repeat, i suppose, is that "this guy is not worth it...my life is more important...let him kill himself...I am getting home in one piece" (or words to that affect)

it sounds like you handle yourself well, and i think you are not a road rager, and worry more about their affect on you and on the safety of you and others...which is more common sense on your part, then rage.

:smile:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
One thing about people who are more impulsive is that we often times dont let people fuck with us or fuck us over. Its like a package deal with some good and bad attributes that come more naturally to us.

I would agree 100% with that.
I''m usually known as being up-tite, and need to relax.
Mostly because i've had people screwing with me since Ive been a kid.
It's like it never stops.
But, im sure that's with everybody