TrueB2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey there! I want to a place to post my progress and such, and why not here? Anyways I want to get to 180lbs and im hoping that posting here on a fairly weekly basis will help keep me motivated and hopefully some people here have advice to help me (and others struggling to gain weight). I use a bluetooth scale, so ill be posting those screenshots every week. And body pics once a month, hopefully. I would also love to hear about your progress as well. Let's help motivate each other!

Here's the first screenshot

Attachments

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Good for you. You're wanting to gain muscle and weight . That means an increase in calories. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat. Find you a routine to get started on.

Hit the weights. You should be able to find routines on muscleandfitness.com and menshealth.com.

Get in there and have fun with it. Build the body you want for you. Remember to work each muscle group. Watch others and learn from them. Take progress pics.

Reactions: ronin001 and TrueB2

TrueB2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good for you. You're wanting to gain muscle and weight . That means an increase in calories. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat. Find you a routine to get started on.

Hit the weights. You should be able to find routines on muscleandfitness.com and menshealth.com.

Get in there and have fun with it. Build the body you want for you. Remember to work each muscle group. Watch others and learn from them. Take progress pics.
Thank you! I'll definitely check those sites out!!

Reactions: Gj816

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good luck!
I'm guessing you are a hard gainer like I was (and still am).

I remember when I turned 40 and all my friends said, Ooh, watch out! Your metabolism is gonna slow down and you will pack on some pounds!

It happened a bit when I was 50, but when I started working out, I cut the fat and then had to boost my caloric intake to at least 4500 Cal just to gain muscle. I used to wake up in the middle of the night just to get more calories! I've been steady at 6'-2" and 195# for years now.

Reactions: TrueB2

TrueB2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good luck. Also working to gain weight. Was 130 for the a while, and gotten up to 138 within the last seven week. Shooting for 160 myself.
You got this! For a while I've been stuck between 140-143, so when I hit 144 for the first time I was excited! I lost 2 pounds because I ran out of protein powder and having been eating consistantly, but at least I know I can do it

TrueB2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good luck!
I'm guessing you are a hard gainer like I was (and still am).

I remember when I turned 40 and all my friends said, Ooh, watch out! Your metabolism is gonna slow down and you will pack on some pounds!

It happened a bit when I was 50, but when I started working out, I cut the fat and then had to boost my caloric intake to at least 4500 Cal just to gain muscle. I used to wake up in the middle of the night just to get more calories! I've been steady at 6'-2" and 195# for years now.
I definitely am and I hate it haha. I struggle to gain 1lb a week but a lot of that is because I don't stay with an eating routine. 4,500 sounds pretty difficult for me personally, but hopefully I can get around there

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I definitely am and I hate it haha. I struggle to gain 1lb a week but a lot of that is because I don't stay with an eating routine. 4,500 sounds pretty difficult for me personally, but hopefully I can get around there

Hey, consistency is key, but if I could do it, you can, too. The most helpful tip I got on this was to eat as many grams of protein per day as the pounds you want to eventually weigh. So for me to weigh in at 195#, I aim for 195 grams of protein per day. This was/is a challenge for me because I was mostly vegetarian before I started lifting.I ate fish about once a week, and hadn't eaten meat or poultry since 1974!

Protein shakes and meal replacement bars that are high in protein were a godsend for me, but I also started eating at least one serving of fish per day. This strategy has now worked consistently for 12 years.
I still eat twice as many vegetables, including legumes, as anyone else I know. I rarely eat starchy carbs, usually only after a workout.
After my physical last month, my doc called my blood labs "pristine"....not bad for age 68.

TrueB2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey, consistency is key, but if I could do it, you can, too. The most helpful tip I got on this was to eat as many grams of protein per day as the pounds you want to eventually weigh. So for me to weigh in at 195#, I aim for 195 grams of protein per day. This was/is a challenge for me because I was mostly vegetarian before I started lifting.I ate fish about once a week, and hadn't eaten meat or poultry since 1974!

Protein shakes and meal replacement bars that are high in protein were a godsend for me, but I also started eating at least one serving of fish per day. This strategy has now worked consistently for 12 years.
I still eat twice as many vegetables, including legumes, as anyone else I know. I rarely eat starchy carbs, usually only after a workout.
After my physical last month, my doc called my blood labs "pristine"....not bad for age 68.
Haha that's great news! For me I try to eat an egg a day, but maybe I should add fish to my once a day eating routine? I'm still trying to find good calorie dense foods for breakfast so

TrueB2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I try to weight myself every Friday morning so that's normally when ill post these things btw.

I was actually expecting to lose a bit of weight with how bad I've been about eating, so im pleasantly surprised.

Attachments

WellMadeMan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I really identify with your struggle! You just have to remember to eat, which isn't as always as easy as it seems. You can totally do it. I was in similar spot and I actually have a very similar weight goal. I was hoping to be up to at least 170 by the end of this year, but I'll settle for the end of January. Happy bulking!

Great way to stay motivated and move toward your goals! Keep posting here and you're sure to get more support. Today my scale read 173.2 and I'm still working toward that 180. It's hard work but you can do it and the guys here will cheer you on.

TrueB2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For me it's difficult eatimy enough calories. I have 40lb dumbbells, an ez curl bar, adjustable dumbbells, and 120+ weight plates but I can't eat enough calories. Any good foods i should try to get my calorie count up?

Side note: I started bench pressing recently and my goal for the end of the year is to hit 180lb. RN im at 140lbs :)