Robbed at gunpoint!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am extremely glad you and your friend are alive! You absolutely did the right thing in complying with his demands. I can't imagine the terror you must have felt in that situation.

I would also like to offer my condolences on the recent loss of your loved one.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
People, well, guys, will say, "Oh, I would've...", or "Man, you should've...", and that's all fine TALK, when you're hanging out with other guys, but the REALITY is... When someone is standing in front of you, holding a gun like they obviously know how to use it, it's 6-8" away from you, and aimed at your chest, what you REALLY say is, "...here. Take it", and pray that the desperate guy isn't crazy enough to pull the trigger.

You got a witness here buddy.. I was in a bank during a raid about 10 years ago and got a sawn-off shotgun pointed in my face (and only for about 1sec) - I was on the floor so fast I dented the tiles!

So glad you and your friend are OK novice. If I may be so bold as to offer you a piece of advice? Get 'back on the horse' as soon as you can - walk down the same (or a similar) street at a similar time of night - with several friends, on your own, with the same friend - whatever you can face. I didn't go into a bank for about 6 years after I was in that raid and it crippled my life for those 6 years. Don't let it fuck up your ability to walk around like the free citizen you are.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow, novice! what an awful experience for you on its own, let alone at this period of time in your life.
Yeah, I'm guilty too, even I say things like"I'd do this or that"in conversations about potential situations- even tho I couldnt, and didnt, when I was raped. :mad: It IS a big difference when you have sheer violence staring you in the face-
and spilling it all out on here was a good thing for you to do, its cathartic and part of getting past it.
I wish you the best in your grief recovery process. :hug:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sorry to hear this happened to you, man. You can take a little solace in the knowledge that you did exactly the right thing in that situation...nothing you're carrying around on your person is worth risking your (or anyone else's) life.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank god your ok. You did the right thing in remaining cool and doing whatever he asked. So dont get down on yourself. You will get everything worked out as far as credit cards and ID in due time. Once again you did the smart thing in remaining cool. You are here today telling us about this. This is why i do not carry any form of identification on me at all. If i need a credit card i will carry one. Other than that everything stays at home. My drivers ID is locked in the glove box in my car. I have a spare one in the house.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am so glad you were not hurt, and no matter what anybody says, you did the right thing---the LAST thing you want to do is piss off someone who has a gun pointed at you at point blank range, especially when he is likely as nervous, or more, than you are. I hope they catch him, and fry him! I'm sorry about your os, too--there are NEVER any words that really mke a difference---if you ever need a friend to talk to, or vent to, or anything, I'm here, ok? HUGS--hang in there, one day, one problem at a time....

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Like all the others, I am so glad you are okay, and I am totally in agreement that you did the right thing. These are small losses in comparison to what could have happened should you have decided to get all macho on him. I'm so glad that you kept you head.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Novice, I'm just glad that you made it through without being hurt physically. I hope this guy gets caught and tossed in jail for a while. No one deserves to be attacked on the street ( or anywhere else).

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Glad to hear you are physically well, Novice. I, too, know your pain. I've had a semi-automatic thrown in my face (about 11 years ago) and froze solid. I could not move. You nailed it when you said people say lots of things but never truly know what they would do until the situation hits home. I suspect a lot of people should keep their mouths closed insothat they do not talk the negative situation into reality in their lives.

I will tell you though... things will now change. You will definitely be more cognizant of your surroundings as well as more observant of people - which is a good thing. The other things is that time heals all wounds and our experiences is what makes us valuable commodities to society. You've already started by sharing... it allows others to feel your story and to know that their safety is foremost and that they should always be aware of their locale and surroundings..........

Get better!

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
You did the right thing, so many 'heroes' end up dead over a few dollars. Your safety is worth any amount of money.
Yeah, I thought about running for not even a split second, when "that's a gun, just DO what he says" took over my thoughts.

...You will definitely be more cognizant of your surroundings as well as more observant of people...
Oddly, that's actually part of the problem for me. I'm usually VERY aware, but this guy was hidden around a corner, we were in a "safe" residential area, there was no foreseeing the surprise situation. It was just random and unforesee-able. I'm just trying to view it as an either "never", or only "once-in-a-lifetime" rare occurence, and now that I've had mine, I can just be thankful, and move on with my life.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
that is weak! that has happened to pretty much everyone I know here in LA!
not me, however I have been shot at.
can you give a description of the person?
I'd rather leave it at:
"Dressed in black, head-to-toe, with a black hoodie, up, obscuring the view of his face, especially in the darkness". I'm freakishly good with faces, but didn't get a look at him, except the hint of a thin moustache (scruff length), because once I saw the gun, I kept my eyes on what he was doing with that, and didn't want to make the "threat" of making eye-contact, so didn't look up.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm glad you weren't physically harmed, novice.

Still, the emotional/psychological assault can be quite a serious hit that persists, and may come back to haunt you. Do look into some professional support.

Be well.

Rob

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Glad you didn't get hurt. You did the right thing. It is deffinately not worth getting killed over any amount of money no matter how much or little. The thing is now you need to find someone to talk through everything that goes through your mind everytime you think about this. I had a house broken into years ago and felt many different kinds of emotions and that was nothing like having a gun shoved in my face. Hugs to you bud.