Robbed at gunpoint!

stretcher74

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This society is so violent! I can't even talk right now. Know that your guardian angel was there.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you are being comforted by those who love you. Here's a big hug from me to you.:hug:

This country needs to address violence as its core problem. People are too busy worrying about making money, staying beautiful, buying houses and cars and competing with others. America the Violent will not go away until America takes back its streets. Our military should be patrolling the streets of our major cities, not walking in the oil fields of Iraq.

I think the military should be at home on the military bases. Having the army wandering around the streets feels like marshal law to me. They shouldn't be playing police here or or in Iraq. Always freaks me out a little when I'm on a road trip and in line for Arby's or something and there's a guy in uniform dressed for desert combat in line.

I've noticed though that the cheap-ass canadian army doesn't rush to waste money on little thrills like providing uniforms appropriate in color to where they're going to be deployed. I'm guessing that most of Afghanistan isn't forest green nylon color.

stretcher74

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
oh and this really sucks. I agree, hand over the wallet and get away. It's not worth your life .

The ID/misc would be the bigger pain in the ass to me than losing cash or credit cards i can call and cancel. I should really carry less stuff on me. One example, I have one of the old Ontario no-photo health cards you don't have to get renewed. Once it's replaced you have to get it photographed and replaced every few years for the rest of your life.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...You handled it well, so that should offer some solace. Also very sorry for your loss. Things will begin to look up soon hun, they always do...
Well, to be honest, I didn't really "handle" anything, I just completely froze. I considered running, for 1/2 of a split second, before I just plunged my hand in my pocket and handed it right over. Thanks for all of the kind wishes.

oh and this really sucks. I agree, hand over the wallet and get away. It's not worth your life...
Yeah, I knew there wasn't really much in there anyway. It's more the terror of the gun, and the "loss" of the sense of "safety".

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
live and learn my friend.as a commercial trucker,i often find myself in somewhat...undesirable surroundings,ive made a habit of not keeping any cash on my person.all i have in my pants most days are my cock and my comb.

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well, to be honest, I didn't really "handle" anything, I just completely froze. I considered running, for 1/2 of a split second, before I just plunged my hand in my pocket and handed it right over. Thanks for all of the kind wishes.

By handled I meant the fact that you didn't try to be a tough guy, or resist in any way. I see what you mean though, you really didn't react at all, you just froze. Maybe that is natures way of protecting us. You're welcome :smile:.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Novice,

I empathize with you...
Hey,
I'm sorry I missed this before. Yeah, the crazy thing is, I thought that I already was paranoid. That is, I've always been very aware of my surroundings, and cautious (I'm typically one of the smaller/shorter guys in a crowd, so I'm just careful). But you're right, I'm so blatantly checking over my shoulder all of the time. Corners scare me (he was hidden in a bit of a nook, around a corner), and someone behind me freaks me out a bit, even in rather safe places. Anyway, thanks for your post.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey,
I'm sorry I missed this before. Yeah, the crazy thing is, I thought that I already was paranoid. That is, I've always been very aware of my surroundings, and cautious (I'm typically one of the smaller/shorter guys in a crowd, so I'm just careful). But you're right, I'm so blatantly checking over my shoulder all of the time. Corners scare me (he was hidden in a bit of a nook, around a corner), and someone behind me freaks me out a bit, even in rather safe places. Anyway, thanks for your post.

I still look over my shoulder and it has been about 3 years now. I don't have that fear anymore as it just wore away little each day and I just got tired being freaked out all the time. You are fortunate that the guy wasn't acting out of hate. You have the right mind to be paranoid, be paranoid all you need to be, you won't feel safe until you go thru this. Just realize like all the other shitty stuff that happens in life this too shall pass. You'll be OK. It just takes time, you can't force feeling safe. Take good care of yourself Novice.