Robert Reed

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by Chevlan, May 7, 2006.

1. Chevlan

Chevlan New Member

I have been getting a kick out of watching "The Brady Bunch" while getting dressed for work before the local news comes on in the Am's. Fun watching the transformation of Mike Brady from straight hair to curly perm and pegged jeans to polyester tight pants as the series progresses. I have respect for the dead; always thought of him as a very handsome man when growing up. Saw episode where Greg bought clunker car and Mike showed an average size bulge in his pants when leaning against car. Waiting to see swimsuit shot of him when they filmed Hawaii episodes. Anyone got any nice pics they can post of Robert Reed in his hay days?

2. findfirefox

Gold Member

3. txquis

Gold Member

I have the A and E Biography episode on Robert Reed.
    He was a very sad guy and a very cranky guy.
    If he has a bulge, i'm sure it will be sad and cranky, too :(:tongue: :wink:

4. Mattness

Mattness New Member

Albums:
    Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
    WOW! Really TXie? That's a shame! I too had a crush on him and didn't find out he sucked the dick until after he died. I did hear that Sherwood Schwartz was VERY anti-gay and was VERY uptight about Bob being gay in any way, shape or form while the show was on (despite the entire cast knowing). That could make a guy cranky!

5. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

My sources only say that he was a slutty bottom and liked having sex in cars.

6. Mattness

Mattness New Member

Albums:
    Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
    WOW! I'm not surprised by that!

One of the funniest Stage Shows I've ever seen was "The Brady Bunch Live" presented in The Village in NYC where the took the scripts of Brady Bunch shows and acted them out on stage in a very CAMPY way. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on stage.

In one episode, Mike was reading the paper in the background while Marcia or Jan was lamenting about some problem, and the newspaper they had Mike reading was a local gay newspaper. All the gay guys in the audience were roaring laughing and most of the other folks didn't "get" it but it was truly a magical moment making fun of Robert Reed's "secret" life!

7. Chevlan

Chevlan New Member

I've watched a few documentaries on him also and it definitely appears he was a very unhappy man that many found hard to work with. Being gay and hiding the fact due to his celebrity really tormented him. Understand he believed it was a sickness and he hoped could be cured. Though; can you imagine the media blitz at anytime when alive if he came out? "Brady Bunch Father" is gay!!! Regardless; I still see him as being a very handsome man in the old reruns who also had nice long legs! <G>

Draft saved Draft deleted