Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!! Go Ku!!!!!!!!!!!!

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From a neutral fan perspective, one of the better games played more recently. KU is happy,

Memphis has to wonder about three missed free throws, a sloppy turnover/steal by KU on an inbounds pass, the 3 pointer that was reviewed and properly called a deuce and one of their starter's fouling out with a couple minutes in regulation.

In the end Memphis couldn't overcome the things a national champion needs to take care of at the end of a game and kudos to KU for making clutch 3's, ft's, and solid defense to create turnovers to overcome a 9 point deficit and force OT. After that OT was a matter of KU staying on their game and Memphis going cold. Pressure became too much for them and to me, like the UT-Memphis game of regular season, they didn't handle the pressure and it cost them a national championship.

On to NHL playoffs, the NBA playoffs, then baseball (College World Series and MLB), until NFL and College Football. Ahhhh, the cycle of the sporting seasons. It'll wear the fan for all seasons out.

yurkon

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
From a neutral fan perspective, one of the better games played more recently. KU is happy,

Memphis has to wonder about three missed free throws, a sloppy turnover/steal by KU on an inbounds pass, the 3 pointer that was reviewed and properly called a deuce and one of their starter's fouling out with a couple minutes in regulation.

In the end Memphis couldn't overcome the things a national champion needs to take care of at the end of a game and kudos to KU for making clutch 3's, ft's, and solid defense to create turnovers to overcome a 9 point deficit and force OT. After that OT was a matter of KU staying on their game and Memphis going cold. Pressure became too much for them and to me, like the UT-Memphis game of regular season, they didn't handle the pressure and it cost them a national championship.

On to NHL playoffs, the NBA playoffs, then baseball (College World Series and MLB), until NFL and College Football. Ahhhh, the cycle of the sporting seasons. It'll wear the fan for all seasons out.

You nailed it. Before the game I thought Memphis was going to win. During it and up to the last of regulation. The 3 pointer to send it to overtime was sick and man were his feet close to the line. Wish they would have zoomed in on it, but maybe I was clacking the keys when they did?

Good game. Favorite weekend of college b-ball. Kind of like the NFL playoff are usually better than the Superbowl.