Rocky Horror Fans...

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Yes it was a good movie.

Oh dear lord NO - it's a SHITE movie - that's what's so great about it!! :biggrin1:

There used to be a similar, but not quite so involved, thing with Little Shop of Horrors (Rick Morranis / Steve Martin version) which was great fun (also a better movie).

And the Blues Brothers of course, a brilliant movie! Not to mention best musical EVER!

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it"

:cool::biggrin1::cool:

Reactions: dreamer20

koval

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lost count of the number of times I have seen that movie on DVD. They used to have a RHP Show here in Dublin every Friday night until they closed down the cinema a while back. It's so OTT, Cheesy and ultra camp/kitsch that you just can't help but enjoy it especially when they have the audience participation.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Man, this movie I just love, it's totally camp, Tim Curry is just defuckingvine as Frank,...

It's messy, it's OTT, it's sexy, it's dark....OMG, it's just soooo GAY!

Yes, Tim Curry did a great job eddy.

I first learned of the RHPS in the UK when I was living in a college dorm. The most mischievous of the dorm's cliques had gone to see the play. They claimed when Janet and Brad said "I think it's going to rain" they pulled out their concealed Super Soakers and soaked the actors. The actors had to go off and change before the show continued. When I saw the stage play with a few friends none of the audience misbehaviour happened. I thoroughly enjoyed the show. It turned out to be funnier and more intimate than the film version, which I saw at a later date.

Confession time: I have seen the RHPS 318 times. I have played the roles of Columbia, Frankenfurter, Janet and (one night when we were all terribly drunk) Rocky.

It was fantastic fun, earned me beer vouchers in my college years and of course there was quite a lot of sex.

I've always suspected that you were a Thespian.:biggrin1:

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes, Tim Curry did a great job eddy.

I first learned of the RHPS in the UK when I was living in a college dorm. The most mischievous of the dorm's cliques had gone to see the play. They claimed when Janet and Brad said "I think it's going to rain" they pulled out their concealed Super Soakers and soaked the actors. The actors had to go off and change before the show continued. When I saw the stage play with a few friends none of the audience misbehaviour happened. I thoroughly enjoyed the show. It turned out to be funnier and more intimate than the film version, which I saw at a later date.

Lol!!! I love that! I took my friend Lincoln to see a show in Brighton, big Jamaican guy, I persuaded him to wear panties but we couldn't get the high heels, nonetheless dreads down to his ass, cheap Anne summers panties, ripped up fishnets, and he pinched his Mums fave faux fur coat. Anyways, the bit where Frank axe murders Eddie....some one decided it would be hilarious to squirt ketchup around....we spent about 3 hours trying to get it out of the coat....Mum was NOT pleased.

Ever since the show, Lincoln always manages to slip the line 'you shall receive it...in ABUNDANCE' whenever we talk....I love that line...:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh dear lord NO - it's a SHITE movie - that's what's so great about it!! :biggrin1:

There used to be a similar, but not quite so involved, thing with Little Shop of Horrors (Rick Morranis / Steve Martin version) which was great fun (also a better movie).

And the Blues Brothers of course, a brilliant movie! Not to mention best musical EVER!

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it"

:cool::biggrin1::cool:
Yes. Thats what makes it a great movie. No big plot. Poor acting and no Big Budget and it worked. The soundtrack is great. Would you like to do the Time Warp again?:smile::wink: I would.

ceg1526

Experimental Member
Media
You had to be there. Yup, the film was crap, but fun, and a late 70s fad. I went to a lot of midnight screenings, yelled a lot of stuff at the screen in unison with the audience, and a learned the Time Warp (love that pelvic thrust). For a college performance, I tried out as the Narrator, but wound up on the stage crew. Still have my T-shirt with the lips.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I enjoyed reading this today. The DVD of the movie is one of my favourite movies to watch in the bath. At the start of our lockdown I watched a heap convention interviews which were great. RHPS has never stopped being shown somewhere in the world since its release.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I was involved in three casts at movie theaters. We did both nights, weekly. This was a four year span.
Characters: Columbia (until I was dropped by a 6’6” Eddie onto a concrete floor), Magenta, Riff and tranzy cast. My fave was Riff. I was the only gender crosser on the regular. As in, I was a different gender than the actor. Breast binder, ragged tux, hair slicked back. I did indeed look more like Magenta’s brother than O’Brien ever did. Red hair and all.

I actually owned a tape of Shock Treatment.

Stage show, I worked tech at two theaters over two runs.
This actually paid off. I eventually worked in a couple music venues.

I’m shy. As someone else I could be outgoing, vivacious, sexy.
Likely, what bit of outgoing I have now is from those days.
And my habit of dance as exercise remains.
It became jambands and hula hooping, and it’s still the best way to get out of my head and body and fly.

Those connections, those accepting friendships with people across the sexuality and gender spectrums, being immersed to the point where I partied in gay bars more than I ever did in mainstream bars (I can’t call them straight...hiding maybe) formed the expressions of my liberal outlook and my leftist politics. I was involved in RHPS during the rise of AIDS. I lost friends. I had my first HIV test because I had a one degree of separation to a boy (yes boy, he died a few days shy of his 18th birthday. He went fast.) with AIDS.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I saw the original London production, sorry, its transfer, when it was performed in a cinema - brilliant. Tim Curry's last night as well.
Loved the movie and then saw the stage show again in a West End venue, still amazing, leave your brain at the door and expect to be amused.

Reactions: dreamer20 and rbkwp