Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I spent the day at Magic Mountain today.

One of the rollercoasters, Tatsu, totally broke me. Not literally, but it broke my nerves. It crushed my soul. It scared the bejesus out of me so completely that I actually started crying. I can't even remember the last time I cried, and I know I've never, ever cried because of a fucking ride at a theme park. I didn't know I was such a pussy. :rolleyes:

But that one did it for me. And then we immediately went to Goliath, used our "Flash pass" to get on right away, but it was too soon I think. A friend of mine and I learned that we couldn't ride together for the rest of the day because we just kept feeding off each other's insecurities. By the time we got to the top of the hill we were both already experiencing complete nervous breakdowns. The photo they took of us shooting down the first hill looked like the cover of a psychology book.

It was AWESOME. :biggrin1:

Tell us your theme park freak out stories.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Rollercoasters are awesome! Golaith is a monster, but you haven't experienced true fear on a rollercoaster ride until you're at the top of the hill of the Millennium Force (310 ft) or the soul crushing Steel Dragon 2000 in Japan that still has three of the biggest hills in all of rollercoasters on ONE ride. (320 ft, 250 ft & 191 ft).

And if you went to Magic Mountain, how could you have not ride "X"? Was it closed? :biggrin1: :dunno:

If I'm anywhere near Magic Mountain, you can ride alongside me. But be warned, I have no problems screaming like a ho in church at the top of the first hill. Love every single second of it!

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I always noticed being a bit "woozy" on certain rides, but I discovered that I have a severe inner ear problem, on "The Mummy", at Universal. I was "sick" for three days. I never hurled, but felt like I was going to, the whole time. I couldn't walk normally, eat, or get rid of my pounding headache either. I don't do most rides since then, and it really sucks!!!

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It was the Jurassic Park ride (if you can call that demonic thing a ride) at Universal Studios. A small piece of me died on that ride. I was under the delusion that it was going to be a simple boat ride where you get to look at the creatures from the movie. It was already half way though the ride when someone told me that there was going to be a HUGE drop. I panicked immediately that i couldn't get off the ride. I started one piece of sweating and whimpering.....

all i remember was a flash and a T-Rex shouting in my face before everything went black and we dropped.

and dropped.

and dropped.

It kept on going and the drop was so steep, i was lifted partially out of my chair even though i was secured. Through the total blackness, the queasiness in my heart, and the feeling that the drop was never going to end, a piece of me died on the ride. When we finally hit the ground, i could barely move. After the ride, i didn't speak for about an hour. It was that horrific for me.

and i will never forget it. not because of the experience but because there is a lovely picture in my house taken during the ride where you can clearly see me inhaling deeply, preparing to scream bloody murder.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And if you went to Magic Mountain, how could you have not ride "X"? Was it closed? :biggrin1: :dunno:

The wait was over 2 hrs (we couldn't Flash pass because its brand new). None of us had the desire to stand in the sun for that long. :frown1:

Goliath, holy shit. That's all I can say. One of my friends blacked out on it. When she came to her top was off.

She was roofied by a rollercoaster.

MrHappy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The Rip Cord. For those of you who don't know, you get strapped into a harness and hoisted hundreds of feet into the air. Then you pull a cord and you're sent flying, suspended only by a cord hooked onto the harness. It's like flying.

The photo they took of us shooting down the first hill looked like the cover of a psychology book.

It was AWESOME. :biggrin1:

Tell us your theme park freak out stories.

I really envy the joy you take in living.:smile:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The wait was over 2 hrs (we couldn't Flash pass because its brand new). None of us had the desire to stand in the sun for that long. :frown1:

That stinks... and from what I was told, all they did was repaint the coaster and add some fire FX. Plus they made the carts move a little smoother. It's one of the few rides out there that I MUST ride.

Goliath, holy shit. That's all I can say. One of my friends blacked out on it. When she came to her top was off.

Wow... that's crazy! Then again, dropping 280 feet out of the air at 85MPH to a dark hole would do that to some people. You should really try Millennium Force if you're ever in the Mideast. It's just a little taller, but it's so silky smooth it's like you're flying. And no dark holes to drop into. :)

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
oh, just remembered.

went back to Universal again to ride Revenge of the Mummy. I'm usually terrified of roller caosters, but after a few nudges from my cousins, i went on. It was pretty traumatic for me once again, with all the drops and quick sharp turns.

when the ride stopped, i was pretty happy that it was over, but i was slighty pissed off that the ride was so short after that long wait we went through, but then,

the wall that we were facing opened the fuck the up...

i wanted to cry. i thought the worst was over. when the wall opened up, all i could see was darkness and a little bit of light to reveal another huge ass drop. i screamed my way through the next set of drops and turns and when we stopped again, i was praying to God that the ride would be finally over this time...and it was. :tongue:

it just reminded me why i never go on roller coasters. i can't mentally handle them.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hear all these stories of people getting ejected from coasters and falling to their deaths. That is scary. Nothing more scarier than being on a ride wondering if your seatbelt or harness is working properly.

What even more disturbing are the 16 year old operators who secure you into the rides who do their jobs lackadaisically with a "I am so bored I could care less about any safety precaution because I'm only making $6.50/hr" attitude.

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gawd, I love rollercoasters... haven't been out to Six Flags in the LA area yet, but I've been to the one over in Jersey a couple times. I remember going there for Fright Fest, which obviously is Halloween-oriented. Now, I've never felt nauseous on any ride, but Superman did it for me. You sit in the seat and the seats swing up so you're basically parallel to the ground. I got off that ride and for the first time, felt like I was about to toss my cookies. But I didn't, and was very grateful because I was there with my girlfriend at the time!!! :biggrin1: After that, we went on the Scream Machine - that was a bit weird, because it was NIGHTTIME, and after going up that first gigantic hill, I couldn't see a damn thing, and when we went thru that first drop, I felt like I was being dropped off the Empire fucking State Building... oh what a great ride that was. That and the Loch Ness Monster in Busch Gardens VA, where you go into that tunnel as you're being plummted towards the earth at a frightening speed, and they're flashing stobe lights and playing all kinds of whacked-out sounds over the speakers. If I were to have gone on that ride whilst on acid, I probably wouldn't be typing this right now.. :biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Goliath, holy shit. That's all I can say.
One of my friends blacked out on it. When she came to her top was off.
She was roofied by a rollercoaster.
Roofied by a rollercoaster :rofl:

I don't know the name of it; but there is a wooden rollercoaster at Dorney Park in PA. It's really old I think it's the one they show at the begining of the movie "Angels with Dirty Faces." Anyway I went on that ride with friends about 5 years ago and it shook me every which way but loose. I don't remember the drops because it was so herky-jerky that when I got off I was sore. I had bruises for 2 weeks after that, :mad: and I do not bruise easily!

There were 4 of us one a male friend about 6', 230 lbs and a body builder, an obese girl about 5'6" and 280 lbs. Myself and a girl about my size at the time. She's 5'7" to my 5'8" and we both weighed about 165 back then. She too felt like her bones were shaken and jarred. We were properly secured but apparently in order to enjoy that ride you have to be over 200 lbs. :frown1:

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
[/b] Roofied by a rollercoaster :rofl:[/color][/size][/font]

I don't know the name of it; but there is a wooden rollercoaster at Dorney Park in PA. It's really old

I know that coaster...it's so old & rickety-looking I refused to get on it!

I love roller coasters & I've never been freaked out on one...one of my favorites is the volcano @ Kings Dominion in VA...but I do remember seeing a lady almost pass out & have to be carried off of the great american scream machine @ six flags in NJ.

Sorry but I laughed my ass off at the sight of it!

B_lamdellboo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It was the Jurassic Park ride (if you can call that demonic thing a ride) at Universal Studios. A small piece of me died on that ride. I was under the delusion that it was going to be a simple boat ride where you get to look at the creatures from the movie. It was already half way though the ride when someone told me that there was going to be a HUGE drop. I panicked immediately that i couldn't get off the ride. I started one piece of sweating and whimpering.....

all i remember was a flash and a T-Rex shouting in my face before everything went black and we dropped.

and dropped.

and dropped.

It kept on going and the drop was so steep, i was lifted partially out of my chair even though i was secured. Through the total blackness, the queasiness in my heart, and the feeling that the drop was never going to end, a piece of me died on the ride. When we finally hit the ground, i could barely move. After the ride, i didn't speak for about an hour. It was that horrific for me.

and i will never forget it. not because of the experience but because there is a lovely picture in my house taken during the ride where you can clearly see me inhaling deeply, preparing to scream bloody murder.

Not to pick on you, but man...that ride is NOT that scary. :tongue:
Please tell me you didn't go on The Hulk. That surprise is far worse.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
one of the BEST roller coasters is "The Beast" at Paramount's Kings Island in Ohio...BUT...you HAVE to ride it at night and try to get the back car. It WAS the fastest wooden coaster for the longest time...and has only lap bars....so when you drop you come out of the seat. It's built thru the woods around the park...so at night the fog rolls in and its hard to see whats coming up. It's freakin amazing. OH and X at Magic Mountain is the only ride i've ever almost gotten sick on. Can't wait to try X2 :)

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rides don't scare me so much. Man-made, it's very rare that you won't/don't get off the ride the same as you got on. Now certain activities that involve physics and nature where less control is evident, that'll make your nutz shrink up. I can't imagine big wave riding (15+ feet and more like 20, 25, 35-40+ feet), climbing mountains and sky diving. I surf, so hurricane aftermath swell size is the biggest I'll probably ride. Could do it years ago, but haven't recently and don't know that I'd still try. But there's definitely a point where the risk-reward for fun crosses a threshold. For surfing & me that 's definitely over head, but anything over 10-12 feet isn't even fun. Getting pummeled by water trying to break through rough surf and held under isn't my idea of a fun day. I'm more comfortable with about 6" surf.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I rode all of Dollywood's rides two years ago. One rattled me a bit. but luckily I was wearing my scopaline ear patch for travel sickness, as I have inner ear problems. Then I went to the water park a week later and slid down everything except the cute straight hunk I was with.:biggrin1: