Romantic Love: Fact or Fiction?

Nude-- We do many of those same things. And you have given me a few more ideas--I especially like the idea of turning off the phone, not answering the door, and just enjoying each other.

I can definitely state that you two appear very much in love. It's a joy to experience that kind of happiness in a gay couple as I have so little exposure to it. It makes me hopeful.

D_Mansworthy Meatwrench III

Experimental Member
Media
I do love a romantic double-meat cheeseburger.
Unfortunately, 6 hours later, I love it not so much anymore.

Kind of like women after sex.

Anywho, jokes aside, I am sure it exists, they keep selling books and magazines to billions of people all the time swearing it is true and can be found.

I won't hold my breath.
But I will keep an eye out for it.
In the meantime.....more casual sex shall suffice until the time thereof.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
No, but it seems you're implying the gap doesn't bridge easily. Am I wrong?

:tongue:

You're not wrong. I wonder if the one has to stop for the other to begin. But, given that most relationships don't last, you would have to assume that it is less common.

There is a distinct difference between the Gay and Str8 people on this one.

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If love is defined as the settled disposition to seek the good of the other for the sake of the other one must conclude that there is precious little love in most sex. Two people can use each other to "get off" and satisfy that persistent animal urge.

The romantic sees a process. While not denying the sexual attraction to the other person the goal extends beyond merely satisfying the urge. The lover pays attention to the whole person, attempts to show a concern for the other in a host of ways. One's own interests are merged with the best interests of the other person. And, when this state is reached the need for its expression is often overwhelming and sex happens. But the beauty of such sex is that it confirms the love that already exists between partners and confirms that bond.

The beauty of such love is that while the lover affirms his/her love for the other the lover himself/herself finds that his/her own self is also affirmed by the partner. Casual sex never can approach the meaning of the loving relationship which the romantic seeks and enjoys.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
The music was very pretty. I hope you find romance DW! I have a feeling you know that the inexplicable exists. I know you think I'm a big cornball, but it's taken most of my adult life to find the life with love that I have now.
YouTube - Nancy Lamott - Two for the road

Not that the Tour Eiffel is particularly phallic or nothing :tongue:

I have found romantic love to more destructive than positive. I would distinguish this from Love and Romance.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fact. I love my guy, always have ever since I met him and I always will. We're a team and we are completely honest and real with one another. We explore things together and we care greatly for each other without the need for over the top gestures or hallmark card sentiment. I think romantic love is the passion you feel for someone translated in to a physical gesture - be it a gesture in public, in private, when shopping or when in the bedroom. It's the ability to be yourself fully with another and to know someone "gets you" and loves you unconditionally for everything you are.

I don't know, I imagine that's what really, really mature romantic love would sound like at the old age home!:wink:

You have no sense of the wistfully pastoral. People don't even sleep together where you're from! True romance transcends the ages.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You have no sense of the wistfully pastoral. People don't even sleep together where you're from!I'm from the Upper East Side, plenty of people sleep together here because the apartments are so small. True romance transcends the ages.
True romance yes... it does transcend time and explanation.

D

deleted509196

I have romantic love for the first time. I've never really loved anyone before. Only maybe once but in a different way. For a bit over 3 months now I've been with him. It's an amazing rollercoaster of emotions etc. It's nice though.