Romantic Meals

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can someone help me. What are some nice romantic meals to cook for 'la wife'?

I can't cook but I CAN read and follow a recipe so the hard part is knowing what ingredients to buy. I was thinking garlic bread (garlic = aphrodisiac) with some pasta. Anyone care to elaborate? Lots of aphrodisiacs if possible :wink:

Thanks!

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

I can't cook but I CAN read and follow a recipe so the hard part is knowing what ingredients to buy. I was thinking garlic bread (garlic = aphrodisiac) with some pasta. Anyone care to elaborate? Lots of aphrodisiacs if possible :wink:

Thanks!

Oysters are aphrodisiacs, as is chocolate. I can assure you though, regardless of what you cook - NOTHING is sexier than a man in the kitchen. Tie that apron around your naked body and serve her puppy chow (joke), I bet she'll be drooling at your feet. Oh, and some wine :wink: !

HAVE FUN!!!!

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Sometimes it doesn't matter what you cook. It's the setting. ;)

I'm into rubbins. If I knew my man cooked dinner for me, then to the side there was set some lotions and some body oils, I'd ask about them. If he told me that was for the body rub after dinner, it'd certainly make the food taste better.

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hehe cool. Okay so far we have:

White wine (for her, I don't like wine)
Garlic bread
Chocolate cake of some sort
Pasta? ????

Not sure about oysters...are they expensive?

And we're supposed to be cooking together, but I was going to surprise her and try to cook on my own and have it ready for when she gets here.

Any more suggestions?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Finger foods and a selection of sauces for dipping. Spring rolls or strips of grilled chicken and/or beef might work. Utensils reinforce modern day civility and primness. Eating with your hands is more sensual and adventurous. Feel free to lick her fingers if they get covered in anything.

Avoid cold foods. The warmth in her mouth will add to the experience.

A little bit of spiciness in the foods would be good too. It can't hurt to have her fanning herself a little bit.

If you're going to use candles the short fat ones scattered around the room would be better for atmosphere than the tall ones on the table. In fact if you can, skip the table altogether. If you can manage this in front of the fireplace she'll have you for desert.

This point is crucial to her feeling romantic. Make sure the kitchen is not in a state of disaster!

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the only problem with garlic bread is the subsequent garlic breath :rolleyes:

a pasta dinner would be a good way to store up some carbs for the post-dinner workout, but make sure the tomato sauce isnt too spicy, or the nite could be spent in the bathroom instead of the bedroom...and maybe avoid anything too heavy, like fettucini alfredo or something...

Aphrodisiac - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and like Heather said, it's also the setting and ambience...light some candles, nice music, disconnect the phone, etc...

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
How about learning to make this for a romantic meal?

Oven baked Rosemary,Thyme and Lemon zest rubbed Salmon

Minestrone (Made in the Crock Pot!!!)

Garlic Bread Crostini

Vanilla Ice Cream with a Green Tea/Sourwood Honey Sauce (a simple syrup sauce).

Buy a nice wet (not dry) Champagne or Seagram's Ginger Ale.

=================================

Make that and you will get in. This is what I make for Valentine's Day with exception of the ice cream. I buy Breyer's Natural Vanilla. I brew some Green Tea. I blend some Sourwood Honey with a little warm green tea to make a syrup for the ice cream.

With any recipe, it is good that you buy the best and freshest ingredients. Get organic stuff if you can afford it.

When learning to cook, it is vital to learn food safety and kitchen hygenic preparations. After all, you don't want to kill your date or send you and your lover to the emergency room because you didn't know that you may have made a dish that has been compromised. Also, be aware of you and your date's food allergens. Don't put any food allergens in the meal.

It is also good to find out what is available by you cooking and culinary-wise and think about your date's palette (taste buds). If your date likes Italian, Thai and Brazilian cuisine. And you like Italian, Polish, Greek, Thai and Russian cuisine. You could plan on cooking something Italian or Thai for the menu since that is what the both of you like. If you have an unknown dish that you like but are not certain that your date would like. Make a really small portion for the both of you. If your date likes it, then , you can make more for a later meal. If your date doesn't like the dish you made. You didn't make too much and you can save it for yourself or throw it away.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Hehe cool. Okay so far we have:

White wine (for her, I don't like wine)
Garlic bread
Chocolate cake of some sort
Pasta? ????

Not sure about oysters...are they expensive?

And we're supposed to be cooking together, but I was going to surprise her and try to cook on my own and have it ready for when she gets here.

Any more suggestions?

You can get canned oysters, and make a white sauce with the wine.

garlic (3 cloves, crushed and minced)
can of oysters (small can)
white wine
mushrooms
onion.

Cook the onion and mushrooms and garlic on a low heat (5min)

Add a cup or so of white wine.

Let that cook, it will thicken up a little bit and boil. Dump some cooked pasta of your choice into the sauce. The starch will thicken the sauce as well.
Add the oysters and let it cook for 3 minutes or so. Season with salt and pepper.

If oysters don't work, you could always use canned clams, and/or shrimp.

NOTE, if you use canned clams, substitute tomato sauce instead of white wine.:rolleyes:

BTW, two garlics cancel each other out. If you both eat the garlic, you won't smell/taste it on each other.

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmm okay...what's a good/nice pasta sauce?

And she said no to oysters. We have some small scented candles. I think its cherries or something...nice smell.

Pasta and garlic bread sounds good so far. And some kind of chocolate cake? :cool:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Hmm okay...what's a good/nice pasta sauce?

And she said no to oysters. We have some small scented candles. I think its cherries or something...nice smell.

Pasta and garlic bread sounds good so far. And some kind of chocolate cake? :cool:

Tomato sauce

Mushroom sauce

Pesto.

Garlic and olive oil.

Chocolate cake, Royal??? Why not some strawberries dipped in chocolate, or a little cheesecake thing? Or grilled pineapple with chocolate on it?

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cheesecake perhaps.

CHOCOLATE cheesecake :biggrin1:

Tomato sauce then I guess. Whats a good pasta? I'm thinking the 'shell' one :smile:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Personally, I would recommend against the shell pasta - not delicate enough for a "sexy occasion."

For my partner, it isn't necessarily the standard "aphrodisiac" foods, but the preparation and presentation (and especially the sentiment) that count.

Pan seared salmon, (or marinated & broiled chicken breast), thin spaghetti with alfredo sauce, (or clam sauce), a green salad with a light dressing, garlic bread (I always make homemade, but from a good bakery will do) and fresh fruit for dessert... simple, balanced, and elegant is the key.

Heather, I agree about the sushi, and that's something I learned to make. I like it so well, but don't always want to go out (and spend sushi bar prices) so spicy tuna maki rolls and unagi nigiri rolls and vegetarian rolls are definitely in my repertoire.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Find out what she likes first.

There are a lot of foods with supposed aphrodisiac qualities, but not everyone likes garlic, spicy food, oysters, etc.

I find that the time someone spends making my favorite things and just really taking the time to make things perfect the way I like them is totally a turn on.

My romantic evening would be to come home to a clean house, a sleeping baby, and some takeout from one of my favorite restaurants (the sushi/hibachi place or the italian place). Salmon with a hosin glaze, a nice salad, and homemade rolls... Breakfast in bed at 10pm... But that's what I'd like.

What someone else likes may be completely different. So be clever about finding out what she likes to eat, especially the things she loves but can't eat on a regular basis.

Also, if you are looking for recipes, I've had very good luck with Cook's Illustrated-Recipe Resource . It's worth the $4.00 a month. If something requires anything other than a very basic technique, the recipes have step-by-step illustrated instructions.

BigBen

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Thanks!

Romance is atmosphere and attention and laughter and smiles and kindness and flirting and more laughter and smiles and lingering touches and thoughtfulness and laughter and smiles and great kisses. Add all that to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with soft lighting and sincerity and you can have all the romance any one really needs.
The rest...candles, restuarants, the menu, music...all those things are nice of course..but they are just "props" for what is in two peoples hearts.

Listen to her and respond without telling her "how" to do something. Look her in the eye...always. Treat her as a person. Not as sex object. Really, she will let you know exactly the moment she wants you to treat her as a "sex object". All this is romantic and a lot of fun too.

Focus on being attentive and caring for your partner..the romance will take care of itself.