Romney on 60 Minutes: Uninsured Can Use E.R.

D

deleted15807

I guess this is were Mr. Romney does another one of his flips:
And while Romney refused to agree on Sunday that the government's role is to ensure that every American has health care, he has endorsed such an idea in the past.

When asked in a March 2010 interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" whether he believes in universal coverage, Romney said, "Oh, sure."

Then he flops:

Last night on 60 Minutes Mitt Romney:
"Well, we do provide care for people who don't have insurance," he said in an interview with Scott Pelley of CBS's "60 Minutes" that aired Sunday night. "If someone has a heart attack, they don't sit in their apartment and die. We pick them up in an ambulance, and take them to the hospital, and give them care. And different states have different ways of providing for that care.

"Mitt Romney, On 60 Minutes, Cites Emergency Room As Health Care Option For Uninsured

The fascinating thing is it is a well documented fact that emergency room care is the most expensive kind of care there is and Mitt knows this. Also like the name implies it's only to be used in emergencies. You will not get preventative care there not follow-up care. Add to the fact that you are saddling hospitals and communities with the cost of providing this expensive type of care. Is this the 'Let Them Eat Cake' part?

AtomicMouse1950

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow... Romney stole a line from Bush, and his last campaign.

I guess this is were Mr. Romney does another one of his flips:
And while Romney refused to agree on Sunday that the government's role is to ensure that every American has health care, he has endorsed such an idea in the past.

When asked in a March 2010 interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" whether he believes in universal coverage, Romney said, "Oh, sure."

Then he flops:

Last night on 60 Minutes Mitt Romney:
"Well, we do provide care for people who don't have insurance," he said in an interview with Scott Pelley of CBS's "60 Minutes" that aired Sunday night. "If someone has a heart attack, they don't sit in their apartment and die. We pick them up in an ambulance, and take them to the hospital, and give them care. And different states have different ways of providing for that care.

"Mitt Romney, On 60 Minutes, Cites Emergency Room As Health Care Option For Uninsured

The fascinating thing is it is a well documented fact that emergency room care is the most expensive kind of care there is and Mitt knows this. Also like the name implies it's only to be used in emergencies. You will not get preventative care there not follow-up care. Add to the fact that you are saddling hospitals and communities with the cost of providing this expensive type of care. Is this the 'Let Them Eat Cake' part?

D

deleted15807

Look there is nothing wrong with changing your opinion on a subject as you learn and evolve. If you don't then it's difficult to believe you are fit to lead any organization if you don't have the ability to change with varying conditions. The huge difference is a flip-flop on his signature accomplishment while governor of Massachusetts which depending on the day apparently he is for it and then the next day against it.

Mitt's obvious problem is he's a moderate masquerading as a 'severe conservative'. He has to do this to get support from his hard right-wing base.

Think about what it takes to be a viable Republican candidate today. You have to denounce Big Government and high taxes without alienating the older voters who were the key to G.O.P. victories last year — and who, even as they declare their hatred of government, will balk at any hint of cuts to Social Security and Medicare (death panels!).

Send in the Clueless
The above exemplifies the conservatives on this board who rail against big government even as they must know cutting Social Security and Medicare is a death sentence to their cause. It's mathematically impossible to fix the debt, increase military spending and not touch these two huge programs.

John McCain's Romney Flip-Flops

Last edited by a moderator:

AtomicMouse1950

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I totally agree, Mitt is a Moderate Republican... which I believe most of the Republican voting public still is at that mind set. The extrem-ness of any Party, no matter which side, is NOT the side of the voting public who identifies with one particular party or another. If Obama gains re-election, the Republican Party is going to have to do some serious soul searching, about their politics, and what the Tea Party has done to them. When you are so far off the grid, within you're own party, that can have a troublesome affect upon the party with the problem. When you're so far off of the mainstream... that's a cautionary sign, your party has gone off. I think there will be a three party system out of this. The Democratic Party, the Republican Party, and the Tea Party. I believe the Tea Party will break off, from the Republican Party, because the R. Party, is going to rethink their politics.

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's not like all uninsured people get ER visits for free.

People are dying in this country because of lack of access to medical care, 10's of millions of people have no health insurance, and he writes it off like bad debt at Bain Capital.

I don't know who is coaching Mr. Romney on the life and times of the lower classes, but they aren't doing a very good job.

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
so romney must support the banning of big gulps, right? i mean hes a bottom line biz type guy, and banning supersized diabetes in a cup would save US a shit ton in uninsured ER care, right?

i wonder how he would handle the uninsured if he was, oh i dunno maybe the governor of a state?