room sharing

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So I've got to room share with a male friend for two weeks, single beds.

What is the going room sharing etiquette? I'm a nude sleeper so is it unreasonable to still do this? What about walking to the bathroom nude etc?...... I would imagine this is all reasonable to most people, right?

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
All went well, slept in the nude and just wore boxers outta bed. Out of all 8 guys I was the only nude sleeper which I thought was weird. They though my habbit was a bit odd. Ah well.
I'm surprised that you were the only one who slept naked. I thought most people would prefer it.

I usually sleep naked unless it's too cold. When I have visitors, they aren't aware of what I wear to bed. I usually sleep on the sleeper sofa in the living room and give my guests my bedroom. After I pull the sheet and blanket over me, I pull off my gym shorts and leave them on the floor. There is no reason why that should make anyone uncomfortable unless you remove the sheet and blanket (I don't). In the morning, I slip on my shorts and then get out of bed. I do the same thing when I'm a visitor in someone else's home. No one has ever noticed or complained about it including my mother and my sister.

Generally, I wouldn't walk around the room naked unless I knew that my friend wouldn't care.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigwillywonka

uncutblond34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would say, depending on how close you are with your friend, it would be fine. My close friends and I have seen one another nude a gazillion times, and there was never any weirdness....bring it up in conversation and see what he says..

stnbl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If it was me I would say yes but get scared a bit too. In one bed? Have you asked or talked about it? And may I ask how you end up in one bed thing?

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If it was me I would say yes but get scared a bit too. In one bed? Have you asked or talked about it? And may I ask how you end up in one bed thing?

Two seperate singles lol. I've top and tailed for the night in a single and that was enough.

.... I know the friend I'm sharing with is a virgin and a bit reserved when sexual topics come up in convo generally. I met him through another friend so we aren't mega close.

I was just wondering if there were any kinda unwritten 'man' rules?

NY4Curious

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'd say consider your own comfort first, and if he is uncomfortable, how does that affect your comfort level. I'd just do it and if anything negative was said, I'd take the offense and let him know that where I came from men had no inhibitions about appearing nude in front of other men, and where was he coming from? That should put him at ease at best, or set about his working out his discomfort at even better. If he's just a total prude, he'll just close his eyes or block it out and if he does that, what does it matter?

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Seems to me there are two ways to handle it, depending on how close friends you are.

You could discuss it, and work out some ground rules, or

You could just strip naked as you usually do, climb in your bed and not worry about it. Which might well lead to a discussion!

I've shared rooms with friends on many occasions, and I've always done the latter. My friends have always done the same.

If you don't treat it like a big deal, it won't be a good deal.

Padad7

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If it is two separate singles, I don't even see the issue. Just do what you are comfortable with. I think you'll be fine and if he has a problem, I really think it is his problem to deal with... Am I being too hard-assed about this??

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was going to start off with "as far as I'm concerned", but you're not really asking that, are you OP? I guess it would be best to tell this guy how you go about your day and ask if it's going to be awkward for him. If he says no, then you're golden. If he says yes, offer to not walk out of the shower naked or something. Then you've shown him you're willing to compromise, and you don't have to sleep in your clothes like a chump :)

Good luck.

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
I'm a nude sleeper as well, but on the occasions where I've shared a room with others, I've always worn at least a pair of underwear, or sometimes a pair of running shorts to bed. Everyone else always did the same. That seems like the reasonable a courteous thing to do. I mean, seriously, it would be that big of a deal for you to have to do this and not sleep totally nude for a whole 2 weeks?

B_Sweetcar

Sexy Member
Media
Funny that this topic has come up!! I'm pretty much dealing with the same situation. I have a friend that I've known for probably 30 yrs. He's straight, at least for all practical purposes, but I KNOW he's fooled around with guys as well. He has a girl friend, but they pretty much broken up and he doesn't spend that much time (or live with her) anymore. He wanted to resume the friendship. Not to make the post too long, I won't say anything else as far as background info is concerned.

Since Feburary, he's been spending a couple of days at my place almost weekly. When he's here, he sleeps in my room on a mat on the floor. He could sleep somewhere else (and has a couple of times). Of course I LOVE it when he sleeps in my room. It's almost like teenagers having a sleepover.

OK, to the topic under discussion. I sleep in the nude and was wondering if I should go ahead and do so while he's here as well. I finally decided, out of respect for him (he may not WANT to see a fat/hairy guy in the nude) to wear boxers or some gym shorts to bed. That's what I've been doing. He always go to bed practically fully clothed and uses to blankets to cover himself and make himself into a 'cocoon'. I don't know how he does that, I'm too HOT in my room and usually never even cover myself with a sheet.

It been a few months now and I've been thinking about HOW I can tell him I sleep nude. Last time he stayed over he slept downstairs on the couch and the next morning he gave me the perfect opening for the 'nude' discussion.

That night I knew he wore some sweatpants to bed. He had told me he always at least wears some sweatpants to be because he never knows who will come in to the room at night. I can understand that, when he was younger he shared a room with three of his brothers and now his sons often come over at odd hours and spend the night.

He was telling me over breakfast that he got hot during the night and was wearing sweatpants....I never let him finish that sentence. I told him I hang my underwear on the door knob. He looked at me kind of puzzeled and I told him I sleep naked and hang the underwear on the door knob in case there's an emergency during the night and I have to leave the room.

That's when we had the sleeping naked discussion. I told him the only time I wear anything to bed is when he's spending the night in my room.
He said; "I'm sorry to disrupt your routine." I told him that was fine and it was out of respect for him that I wore something to bed.

Anyway, now that we've had the discussion; we'll see if he's open to at least my sleeping in the nude!