dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yea or my neibor,that wont work but nice thought
mace! lol

go with a chain then.
if you look online or go DIY shopping, you'll find varius security devices that'll just screw into place.
yeah, it'd be better to report him or move out. but a chain will at least keep you safe at night.

Kaurik

Sexy Member
Media
dumb question and off topic, how do you protect yourself from the sound when using it?

small, hand held alarm.
you push the button and it sets of a deafening, high pitched shriek. i'm guessing it'd only take a second's worth of blast to make him shite himself.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dumb question and off topic, how do you protect yourself from the sound when using it?
you're expecting it, so i's not the same shock.
it won't cause permanent damage in small doses.
and the aerosol type are directional.

...i suspect the people next door wouldn't have time to realise where it came from if it was just for one or two seconds.

D_Barney Plank

Account Disabled
Media
guess if i report him,the cops are going to at least have one of us move out,shouldnt be me that is for sure. Unless they throw his ass in jail. Ill have to try and remember to get his share of rent 1st lol.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
guess if i report him,the cops are going to at least have one of us move out,shouldnt be me that is for sure. Unless they throw his ass in jail. Ill have to try and remember to get his share of rent 1st lol.
they need more evidence before they'll do anything.
you'd need to apply for a restraining order if you wanted him forced to move out. as it stands, there's pretty much zero chance of him being locked up.

the cops will take a statement. chances are that's all they'd do for now.

D_Barney Plank

Account Disabled
Media
they need more evidence before they'll do anything.
you'd need to apply for a restraining order if you wanted him forced to move out. as it stands, there's pretty much zero chance of him being locked up.

the cops will take a statement. chances are that's all they'd do for now.

How do i get evidance then? I want him to pay for what he has done,im sure it will happen again,prolly not a for alittle bit anyway.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How do i get evidance then? I want him to pay for what he has done,im sure it will happen again,prolly not a for alittle bit anyway.
record and report. always record and report.
talk to the cops and they'll tell you what you need to do.
got a webcam? a diary?
do you know when he'll be drinking?
call the cops and tell them his reg and that he's a regular DUI.

D_Barney Plank

Account Disabled
Media
record and report. always record and report.
talk to the cops and they'll tell you what you need to do.
got a webcam? a diary?
do you know when he'll be drinking?
call the cops and tell them his reg and that he's a regular DUI.

He had a dui about 7 years ago lol. Yea he usually goes out fri-sat but more lately lol. If i go in to cops and ask them advice will i have to give names or file a report??

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He had a dui about 7 years ago lol. Yea he usually goes out fri-sat but more lately lol. If i go in to cops and ask them advice will i have to give names or file a report??
well they can't force you to name names.
i'm not entirely sure how it'l work where you are,
but they should have someone you can talk to.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
report it anyways that way there is a file of it. The statement is the first step. I would talk to the cops and let them know the skinny. Ask them for advice. I think a lock would be a good start (cat door if needed) and a chain or sliding bolt lock on YOUR side so he can't drill it out. If he gets into your room by force, he's have to break down the door and you can then beat his ass senseless and be in the right. The cops will already have a heads up the broken door and door jam will be some proof he was attacking you, and everyone is happy (save him, and really who cares? lol)

You can see aboout a restraining order but i am not sure if he needs to have done something verifiable from an outside party looking in to get one. Then see about taking hin to court for at least his share of the money for rent. Thin of it in terms of if you gave hm thirty days, what would he owe you, plus legal fees.

D_Barney Plank

Account Disabled
Media
report it anyways that way there is a file of it. The statement is the first step. I would talk to the cops and let them know the skinny. Ask them for advice. I think a lock would be a good start (cat door if needed) and a chain or sliding bolt lock on YOUR side so he can't drill it out. If he gets into your room by force, he's have to break down the door and you can then beat his ass senseless and be in the right. The cops will already have a heads up the broken door and door jam will be some proof he was attacking you, and everyone is happy (save him, and really who cares? lol)

You can see aboout a restraining order but i am not sure if he needs to have done something verifiable from an outside party looking in to get one. Then see about taking hin to court for at least his share of the money for rent. Thin of it in terms of if you gave hm thirty days, what would he owe you, plus legal fees.

Would it be best to go file a report right after it happens around 2 am? or the next day?

Pompeynate

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why don't you just move out? People break their lease all the time (I have done too in the past when my flat mate was a tool & I needed to leave) There is nothing they can do about it, just means you will lose your deposit, which is a small price to pay really...

If your flat mate isn't going to leave, then you need to...

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All the suggestions above are excellent but I think the best answer is to move out - he may turn aggressive at other times of day and it is not a good home environment for you.

When I was very young I once had a roommate that would let her boyfriend into my room at night while I was sleeping. It was an old house and a skeleton key would open any door. I kept having dreams that I was being watched while I slept then one night I woke up and found the roommate's boyfriend standing next to my bed jacking. He had also gone through my underwear drawer and had a pair of my panties in hand that the was sliding up and done his dick.

I immediately called the guy I was dating and he came over and helped me pack a few essentials and took me to his parent's house where I stayed until I could find another place to live. He and his parents went back a couple days later to collect the rest of my belongings.

Perhaps you have someone you could stay with while you figure out how to handle this?

rayray

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
You have lived with him for 4 years ? I would have been out of their in 2 seconds unless your their due to financial reasons..I applaude you for not getting pyhsical with him, that would just make the problem worse and maybe put the wrong person in jail.Why have you waited this long to get advice.When he is sober dont you have a oppurtunity to just sit him down and say"this has got to stop".I have been in similiar circumstances in the past, he was always drunk too.The first few times i laughed it off and acted flattered.But when he was sober and off work one evening i brought it up casually while watching TV.I was nice but firm..he got the message and it worked for me,,Good luck..

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Would it be best to go file a report right after it happens around 2 am? or the next day?

talk to the police before it happens again.
This^

You need to be very procative in this. That way they are aware of what is going on. Most people get frustrated at the "well they can only take a report" stage not understanding that if a report has been filed, that if something should happen, it will make it easier to prosecute the bastard.

Also as someone else has mentioned: Document everything. Journal it. In times of stress you will forget the details, like the time, the series of events the particulars of what happened. It will blur. So document it all.

Make sure you tell the officers that he is routinely drunk and maybe alert them to the fact that he drives intoxicated. Make sure that they know that you definately feel threatened.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
that maybe an option,just not sure if he can somehow unlock it,he is a maint man and is pretty slick with stuff. Thinkin the press charges deal may work?? Guess i could tell him that and if he breaks in lock myself in the room and call the cops and tell them he is trying to assault me whe he is drunk,then they can get him for dui too when i show them his truck with fresh got home hot motor???

I was going to suggest the cat door as well. If you are worried about him picking your lock, you can either get a cheap slide lock like they have in public toilet stalls, or you can put a dummy doorknob on the outside of the door. It does mean if you accidentally lock yourself out of the room you will have to remove either the doorknob or the hinges to get back in. You can do your whole project for under $200, which is worth your peace of mind. Also, why not evict him?

bryan257

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow, would a fight fit the definition of "Domestic Violence"? or does that just apply to couples?

is it possible to talk to the land lord, lease holder? any chance asking to get out of the lease on that reason or they might work with you in some way to help you?