Roommate and Nudity

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Nudity needn't be sexualized at all, but not everyone would agree with me on this, especially if s/he's got some repression issues.

My current housemate and I have no issue with nudity and we have zero sexual tension. He tends to wear boxers around the house; I sometimes do, sometimes don't. But if we have any guests then, out of respect, I'll at least throw on some board shorts.

Reading through this thread I really had to wonder: do any of these roommates ever bring women home? If the sight of a bare chest sends someone into fits of modesty, just imagine what sex sounds through a closed door would do :eek:

Philsy

Expert Member
Media
You've got to be kidding me.....this kid has HUGE ISSUES. "A" Having a towel around your waist is not "half naked". If you were in a speedo, then yeah maybe. "B" Choco, it is your apartment as well. You're not parading around the library, your in your own frigg'n space, enjoy it.

Tell me, does this yahoo expect you to get fully dressed when you have to get out of bed for a quick piss? Does he do the same? Has this kid have had Phys Ed in school when changing and showering together was mandatory?

Other threads on this site talk about comfortably jacking off beside roomates and walking around naked in the dorms and halls and this kid can't see a shirtless man. I feel bad for both of you. Good luck and keep us posted

Last edited:

Chocolatestix

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Just wanted to update you all. I've moved out of the apartment. Not because I really wanted to but because of what has transpired. Basically, I work with kids and we do service projects on Saturday with middle schoolers. So one Saturday my roommate decides to bring one of the kids to our house because he was going to take him out for pizza and ice cream. This is not allowed at all by our organization and that was clearly expressed. And when I told him that my first instinct was to report this to my program manager he he laughed and told me to tell who ever I wanted, so I did and he got fired. Oh and I guess I should also mention that he suppose to be working with them next year too. He got mad and decided to throw my one day old tv out the window. After that I moved my stuff out and left. Now I'm going to be moving in with two women that I work with. I'm sure they won't mind me in a towel. Hahahahahahaahahahaha

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you need to allow him to set the rules in his own bedroom. Equally, what you do in your own bedroom in this regard is up to you (as long as it doesn't disturb anyone else who's not in it). The main area of discussion, it seems to me, must be what you do in the public areas of the house. I can see no objection to someone walking between the bathroom and their bedroom with a towel round his waist (although I would accept that it might not be a good look if the other room-mate had visitors). I also think on the whole that it's not unreasonable to expect people to shut the bathroom door when they use the bathroom, including for a shower.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
shut the bathroom door when they use the bathroom, including for a shower.
I never shut the bathroom door when I take a shower. All it does is make the bathroom moldy.

Sorry about your TV Chocolatestix. I hope it wasn't a thousand dollar flatscreen. Your former roommate has a lot more issues than his fear of male nudity.

ewa123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In my (limited) experience, guys who are that uptight usually are gay but too afraid to look at all because they've been picked on in the past. Perhaps it could be a traumatic experience like that, but something makes me doubt that.

I know I took every opportunity to look that I could. I remember I was floored when, back in high school, during a changing in a theatre dressing room, this one guy told this small room of 5 guys he was going to 'totally change' and dropped trou/undies, everything to slip on his theatrical attire. I was finally discovering who I was at the time, and took every discreet moment I could to look at this guy's thick girthy schlong, but this other guy, who is now openly gay, spun around and covered his eyes, making a much bigger deal out of it, than any of the rest of us.

You do the math.

D

deleted3782

In my (limited) experience, guys who are that uptight usually are gay but too afraid to look at all because they've been picked on in the past. Perhaps it could be a traumatic experience like that, but something makes me doubt that.

I know I took every opportunity to look that I could. I remember I was floored when, back in high school, during a changing in a theatre dressing room, this one guy told this small room of 5 guys he was going to 'totally change' and dropped trou/undies, everything to slip on his theatrical attire. I was finally discovering who I was at the time, and took every discreet moment I could to look at this guy's thick girthy schlong, but this other guy, who is now openly gay, spun around and covered his eyes, making a much bigger deal out of it, than any of the rest of us.

You do the math.

I can't disagree. When I lived on dorm I refused to look at my roommates naked. I just didn't want to look at them "that way," and considering "the way" I looked at guys...that was a pretty good call. Of course, non-roommates were fair game. :rolleyes:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I feel the same as ewa123 and exwhyzee. Whoever is the most vocal I begin to think, "the lady doth protest too much methinks." Identity or self-image issues tend to spill out of some people loudly.

D

deleted18171021

Some of it is cultural. Ive been to many nude beaches, resorts in different countries. Most are whites from europe, some from usa. I see few blacks, hispanics. Is there any nude beach in mexico or central or latin america for locals? I think not. I notice guys from mexico playing summer volleyball in slacks and swimming in shirts and even long pants. Mexican friends tell me that 1. Only kids, pro athletes in soccer wear shorts. Men are gay wearing shorts in public. I had a friend put on knee length socks to swim with me in a river because he was so embarassed by his legs 2. In america, white folks look cool tan. But in hispanic culture (like in american old south) dark skin means servant, field worker, inferior. Whiter skin is better. So they avoid any sun on skin if possible. Having said all that, a towel wrapped around the waist isnt naked or threatening. Our culture is so warped. What we need are dads caring for sons (and teammates, pe) showing healthy masculinity and comfort with our bodies. Too much anxiety about abs, looks, muscles, size, pics, who is gay or not. Young men need non sexual nudity with peers and their dads, its become frightening and taboo. And too many women in charge dominating boys, not letting boys go shirtless or skinny dip.

Reactions: azladd