Votes: 88 18.7%
  • Very Good

Votes: 342 72.8%

• Total voters

writer2b

Sexy Member
Media
Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning and, like an old cliché it took me a while to remember where I was.

Well, not that long a while as my first few breaths brought unfamiliar pain and I remembered everything, including my confession to Andrew.

My stomach lurched and I felt sick. I couldn't remember his reaction. Why can't I remember his reaction?

I didn't remember that I had barely been able to speak and that my last two words before losing the battle against the pain meds and my own exhaustion had been The Truth.

I could barely touch the breakfast that was brought to me and the doctor who came and checked up on me must have thought me rude as I barely said two words to him.

He told me that I was ok to leave the hospital and that I had a visitor. MY stomach plunged again.

It was Casper.

"Hey bro," he said. "You don't look much better than you did last night."

"Broken noses and black eyes don't heal over night," I replied.

"The doctor says you can leave so I've come to set you free."

"Where's Andrew?"

Casper's face fell.

"When we got back last night he had a message waiting for him. His grandfather died yesterday. He left for home first thing this morning."

I knew his grandfather had been sick for some time and that Andrew was close to him.

"Did he give you a message or anything?" I asked, selfishly.

"Jeez, bro. I think his mind was on other things."

"Right."

I got changed and we left the hospital. Casper had driven my car, which didn't fill me with joy.

"Slow down," I said as he sped through an amber light.

"You're such a grandma," Casper replied. "Unlike you, I passed my test first time."

"I was hung over the first time."

"Yeah, right."

"Besides, didn't you tell me that your examiner was gay and that you flirted with him."

"That is not why I passed."

"Yeah right," I parroted Casper.

It seemed like the story of the attack had spread around the dormroom and I got a lot of pats on the back and sympathy.

All I really wanted was to see Andrew.

We got back to the room and I looked hopefully for a note, but there was nothing. We spent the rest of the day eating takeaway and even had some of the arugula.

I managed to drive Casper to the bus station that evening adn waved goodbye. We'd agreed a story to tell our parents so that they remained oblivious to the visit to the gay club.

"I just can't believe you could get mugged outside the library," my mom said when I spoke to her that evening.

The library had been Casper's over-egging of the story.

After speaking to my parents (my dad was more sceptical than my mom) I wanted desperately to call Andrew. I chickened out.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. I'm thinking of you and your family.

Can you believe that that text took me 10 minutes of agonising to draft?

I fell asleep after taking another pain pill and slept through the arrival of Andrew's reply, which awaited me when I woke late the next morning.

Thanks.

That was it. To say that the curtness of his reply worried me would be an understatement. I read all kinds of meanings into that single word and not one of them was good.

My agony increased over the next two weeks. His grandfather was quite the 'big cheese' in politics, or had been 30 years ago. There were obituaries in most of the serious newspapers and even a photo of the funeral in the New York Times a week after his death. I could just make out Andrew, who was one of the pall bearers.

I was too scared to send him any more texts and as the silence from his end continued I grew depressed and not a little maudlin.

Whilst Matt and Simon revelled in their 15 minutes of fame on campus - how weird that a visit to a gay club should make you more successful with the ladies - I shied away from the notice and kept myself to myself.

It was two weeks after the attack and I was lying in bed wide awake when I heard a key in the door. I immediately closed my eyes and feigned sleep, hoping that he wouldn't hear the loud and rapid thumping of my hear.

"Ryan, are you awake?" he whispered.

I didn't answer.

"Ryan?"

I continued to play the coward and listened as he moved around the room and then finally got into bed.

I was awake the next morning, but didn't dare get up in case I woke him. I waited for an hour before he finally woke up and waited again as he showered, changed and left.

I got up immediately and quickly got dressed and went to the furthest corner of the library, hidden behind bookshelves in a section I knew he wouldn't need to come by. That's where I spent the whole day. I didn't even leave for lunch, just in case I bumped into him.

It was nearly 11pm by the time I headed back to our room. My legs felt weak and my heart pounded as I approached the door. I hesitated, took a deep breath and went in.

The sight that greeted me wasn't at all what I expected.

Reactions: l0rdcastamere

writer2b

Sexy Member
Media
Chapter 15

The room was dark save for five or six candles flickering about the room.

Having come from the brightly lit corridor, I couldn't make out anything in the gloom and I was about to flick the light switch on when a guitart started strumming, joined a few seconds later by a voice.

"To lead a better life I need my love to be here...

Here, making each day of the year
Changing my life with a wave of your hand
Nobody can deny that there's something there

There, running my hands through your hair
Both of us thinking how good it can be
Someone is speaking but he doesn't know who's there

I want you everywhere and if you're beside me
I know I need never care
But to love you is to need you everywhere
Knowing that love is to share

Each one believing that love never dies
Watching your eyes and hoping I'm always there

I want you everywhere and if you're beside me
I know I need never care
But to love you is to need you everywhere
Knowing that love is to share

Each one believing that love never dies
Watching your eyes and hoping I'm always there

To be there and everywhere
Here, there and everywhere."

The guitar finished strumming and I just stood there, confused and astonished.

My eyes had adjusted during the course of the song and I could see Andrew sitting in his armchair strumming the guitar. He was naked, but the guitar covered his groin. He kept his eyes locked on me the whole way through with a little smile on his face.

We stood looking at each other, my mouth wide open.

"Say something," he said.

"I didn't know you could sing," I replied, saying the first thing that came into my head.

He laughed, got up from the chair, took the guitar off and walked up to me.

"I'm full of surprises," he said, taking my face in his hands and kissing me.

At first I was too surprised and exhilarated to reciprocate, but then the wall that had held back my feelings for months came crashing down and I kissed him back, our tongues flicking in and out of our mouths.

I grew hard and I felt Andrew's erection pressing against my stomach, our penises clashing as we continued to kiss passionately. Although I couldn't see it, I could sense that Andrew had grown since Spring Break.

He moved his hands from my face and clasped my ass cheeks. I slid my own hands down his back and did the same with his.

The candles continued to flicker as we moved towards his bed. He pushed me on to it. I lay on my back as he began kissing my chest, moving down to my stomach, my belly button and finally the tip of my cock, which he began licking. I could feel the tension within me building as he began to take me into his mouth. I willed myself to last longer and clutched the sides of the bed.

He had me totally within his mouth and began sucking up and down, caressing my penis with his tongue.

I could hold back no longer and my back arched as I orgasmed.

I lay spent on the bed with Andrew beside me. I turned to start kissing him like he had me, but he stopped me.

"Let's just lie here," he said, smiling at me.

We fell asleep like that.

The next morning, I woke first and turned to look at him. His eyes were closed and a faint smile was on his lips, a lock of blond hair covering one eye. I could have stared at him like that for ever, but within a few moments his eyes flickered open.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi."

We lay looking at each other and The Truth was laid out.

I told him about how my feelings had developed, my confusion, my jealousy of Amanda. Everything, even the lame visits to the gay club.

He told me that he had always known he was gay, but had never come out. At an all boys boarding school it would have been social death to be gay. He wasn't worried about his family and even thought that they might suspect.

He'd been attracted to me from the very beginning, but was convinced I was straight. He had been miserable and had eventually found Amanda to whom he could pour out his troubles.

When I had made my hospital bed confession he had been completely shocked and had been fully prepared to tell me everything in the morning. Then his grandfather's death had intervened. He had received my text and had wanted to reply with so much more, but knew that what needed to be said could only be done face to face.

"But when I got back you pretended to be asleep and then avoided me all yesterday."

"You knew I was awake?"

"You're not the world's best actor. Besides, you always have one arm under your head when you're asleep."

"But how did you know that I had feelings for you."

"Don't get angry."

"Why would I?"

"A few days before I came back I phoned Casper."

"Casper?!"

"Yeah," he said. "I didn't know what to say to you, I didn't know whether you liked me purely as a friend or what. He told me enough for me to know that my feelings for you were reciprocated."

"I guess I ought to thank him," I said.

Andrew smiled. "He said that he'd accept your car as thanks for playing cupid."

"In his dreams."

We spent most of that Sunday morning like that: lying by each other, chatting. When he finally got out of bed I could see that he had grown again.

"I thought you'd finished growing."

"I think I have now," he replied. "15cm long and 13cm in girth soft." He sprung to attention. "20cm long and 16.5cm in girth."

I grabbed him and pulled him down onto the bed and returned the favor of the night before. Although it was my first time, I felt I knew exactly what I needed to be done.

I guess when you love someone you know instinctively what to do . . .

writer2b

Sexy Member
Media
Epilogue

We decided to keep it a secret to begin with so that we could just enjoy eachother's company without having to deal with all the fall out.

That lasted about a week.

We told Matt and Simon first, who were both very surprised, but were fine with it. Amanda was overjoyed when we broke it to her. We let everyone else find out by word of mouth.

Our parents we each told ourselves. Mine acted as if I had just told them the weather for tomorrow. My other brothers were fine as well. Casper was plain irritating. He was smugness itself at his role of Cupid.

Andrew's parents, as he had thought had long suspected that he was gay. His brother, Brian, had been oblivious, but took it in his stride.

In short, things couldn't have gone better after the melodramatic first 9 months between our first meeting and getting together.

That was all ten years ago, which shocks me even as I type it. College flew by, then grad school and now we live in London. I had to move there because of work and Andrew managed to transfer to the London office of the law firm he works at.

We had a civil ceremony a couple of years ago. Casper, Brian, Matt and Simon were groomsmen, Amanda Maid of Honour.

We live in a house in Holland Park and you can often find us walking in Hyde Park if you care to look out for us.

The End

Reactions: l0rdcastamere

beachboywb

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Absolutly stunning, i should have been out of the house hours ago but i couldn't pull myself away from your story.............i hope there is another one brewing and coming soon

tat2dqt78

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Simply wonderful. Those last chapters made my day! Thank you for sharing your gift.

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Writer2b: It was masterfully written! Congratulations on a well crafted story.
I only wish that it were true as it brings out all of the romanticism in me!

Note: I most often avoid fictional stories , but followed this one waiting impatiently for the next chapter.

lesmeljos

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree completely with Funnyguy's comments. Thank you for providing me with such enjoyment. I looked forward to each and every chapter! Well done; you are a good writer.

BigInBellevue

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't know why I'm crying, but I am. I had a terrible time in the middle of the story when I had to leave, but I came back to it as soon as I could. As an English major, I was happy to see something so well-written. After just a little polish, I think you should consider submitting it for publication.

bentos

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
absolutely magnificent. It made me feel warm inside and i actually made a wall-e style happy noise when they confessed to each other. thank you for sharing that wonderful piece of work.