Rosebud Is Not A Sled

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The new First Family has been issued code names by the Secret Service. Barack Obama's is "Renegade," Michelle Obama's is "Renaissance," Malia Obama's is "Radiance," and Sasha Obama's is "Rosebud." Joe and Jill Biden also received code names, though it's tough to top "Renegade" and "Renaissance." Joe Biden's is "Celtic," and Jill Biden's is "Capri." Check out the screenshots from MSNBC below.

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah - now the poor sods have to go pick a whole new set!!

But 'Renegade'? Really? I find that a bit odd.

Look at the definitions, the last one, OK - but the others?

Definitions:

• [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]
  • someone who rebels and becomes an outlaw
  • recreant: having deserted a cause or principle; "some provinces had proved recreant"; "renegade supporters of the usurper"
  • deserter: a disloyal person who betrays or deserts his cause or religion or political party or friend etc.
  • rebel: break with established customs[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The new First Family has been issued code names by the Secret Service. Barack Obama's is "Renegade," Michelle Obama's is "Renaissance," Malia Obama's is "Radiance," and Sasha Obama's is "Rosebud." Joe and Jill Biden also received code names, though it's tough to top "Renegade" and "Renaissance." Joe Biden's is "Celtic," and Jill Biden's is "Capri." Check out the screenshots from MSNBC below.

Wait... aren't these names supposed to be a secret??!? :confused:

Or is this some kind of tricky, elaborate plot to throw would be terrorists off the trail of our president elect and his people? Either way, I find it very odd that news outlets would be making something like this into a story for obvious reasons.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wait... aren't these names supposed to be a secret??!? :confused:
*EDIT*
I find it very odd that news outlets would be making something like this into a story for obvious reasons.

I had the very same thoughts when I heard this announced yesterday...
I did a little research & it seems that other first families' code names have been made public knowledge, however not until their terms were over.

strange...

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
What the hell makes you people think this information is not Disinformation?

In the 1950s the Air Force made a show of investigating UFO reports and of the fact that SOME of them could not be explained... but they did so solely to encourage people who see strange craft to imagine flying saucers... so that their public accounts would be wildly imaginative and ridiculous... and thus less likely to tell the Soviets anything of real use about secret aircraft testing.

It was clever, and it was effective... American eyewitness accounts of UFOs have been idiotically useless ever since.

If I were in the Secret Service, I would let leak "code names" that were SEMI false-- by which I mean that they SOMETIMES apply to the first family, when they are not really at risk... but where they are being used by SHAM agents during actual exposures to act as another layer of confusion to anyone monitoring communications.

I can envision a set of agents who simply broadcast false information of movements using the 'variable' code names... while other agents communication using unsuspected code names that actually are the active names for that operation.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
i have a friend that was a marine guard at the whitehouse during clinton he said they called hillary's helicopter "broomstick one".............i think this code thing is crap somebody is making up.