Rosie Live!

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ahhhh so Rosie Odonnell is going to give the old variety show theme another run. I hope she's successful! I love that format. Dolly Parton was going to do it a few yr ago (Ithink they filmed a few episodes and it didn't run).
Personally I think she'll be a goo host as she's done stand up and would be no stranger to dealing one on one w/an audience.
Is anyone else excited that something else fun could be coming to tv?

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I just saw the commercial during SNL.

I'm not sure how well it will do. For me, she became sort of annoying during the whole "The View" debacle. I don't know if i could see myself tuning in...

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
haha...that's a talk show waiting to happen. i can be the first guest. :p

and well, it seems more like a desperate bid for ratings for NBC who's been lagging behind, but at least the whole variety show aspect is different than what's on these days. I'm still thinking it'll be DOA though. Rosie just alienated so much people after the View. Did they say when it'll premiere?

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's on next week I believe. trust me they're worried at NBC. I go there every week and I hear alot of talk. But ya know despite the whole View thing Rosie can be a great personality and she's fun!

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's on next week I believe. trust me they're worried at NBC. I go there every week and I hear alot of talk. But ya know despite the whole View thing Rosie can be a great personality and she's fun!

I know. :) I liked Rosie and her talk show. It used to be alot of fun. Plus, her faux obsession with Tom Cruise was hilarious. and you go to NBC every week? cool. :cool: geez, i hope i get accepted by NYU for Spring so i can be in New York.

Anyways, after cancelling Lipstick Jungle and My Own Worst Enemy, ER's final season and sagging ratings in hit shows like Heroes, i'm sure things are dire. I'm not sure this show will make a difference....but hey, if Deal or No Deal was a big hit, why can't this be? :tongue:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well I hope it is and I hope LJ doesn't get cancelled. But as I said b4 I just saw the commercil. I don't know if Rosie's show is gonna be filled w/established artists ala Ed Sullivan or wether she'll be having undiscovered artists on o magicians or wrestlers or anything about the show's format. We'll see. I just hope it's fun.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yeah, I just saw the that too, and hope it will be a success.
She can annoy me sometimes, but she is a good comic, has
the respect of her audience and can control them. If she
returns to her old format and personality, I think it will be a
big success. I wish her success.

Media
Honestly I wish they'd stand behind Lipstick Jungle a bit more...it's a fun show

*LOVES it* great show!

Best of luck to Rosie. She does a tremendous amount of charity work and was one of the few celebrities that donated a million dollars for the people that lost family in 911.

I don't care about The View situation, she raised the profile of the show and thus made it more entertaining.

She is what she is, I love me some Rosie.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
While I like the variety show format and think television is lacking without it, I can’t stand Rosie starting with her sucker-punch attack on Tom Selleck over guns when he appeared on her show to promote a movie several years ago, her no-clue ultra-left-politics and especially the nonstop wacky conspiracy theories on 9/11.

I wouldn’t watch her show just because she makes my skin crawl much like I don’t watch anything with Tom Cruise in it because of his zombie like affliction known as Scientology.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't seen a variety show in years! I used to like several of them when I was a kid. Yep, I'd like to see this, if it's as good as the ones from my childhood (I especially remember liking Carol Burnett's and Flip Wilson's shows.)

And yes, I'd like to see Lipstick Jungle stay on, too.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
this makes LPSG but Justing Timberlake dancing in high heels don't, whats the world coming too!!!!

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I think you Nick8 and me should have a talk show!
C.B.:saevil:

Talk about the inmates running the asylum. :eek:

this makes LPSG but Justing Timberlake dancing in high heels don't, whats the world coming too!!!!

How funny was that?! :biggrin1: