Roti

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm snacking on some roti and I'm wondering if anyone else loves it as much as I do. When roti is made well I would do horrible things to obtain it.

What are people's favorite fillings?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Roti is not a snack. It is more like breakfast lunch and dinner! The Trinis in the bronx make them HUGE. You need a Large Roti Support Group to eat them. LOL Seriously though, I love roti when it is made well. There is only one spot I know of to get it the way it's meant to be, and sadly I'm not around during business hours, and have to do without. When I was a little girl, my favorite filling was curried goat. Now I usually get curried chickpeas just like my homie dreamer20.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Huh? I'm definitely landlocked when it comes to interesting foods for sure.
That's cause you live in Texas babe. :biggrin1: In order to have a variety of interesting ethnic foods you have to have a culture which supports different ethnic groups rather than harassing them. :redface: I know that's not how you are and I'm sure your friends and family aren't that way either. Having traveled Texas from Beaumont to El Paso and back again it's not quite what I'd call ethnically diverse. :tongue: If it makes you feel any better there is no Indo-Carribean food available where I live either, in NW Georgia. :frown1:

I've heard of roti, but I thought it was Jamaican as I've only heard of it being filled with curried goat. Apparently it is Indian in origin.
roti: flat, round, unleavened wheat bread that is baked on an iron griddle, often called chapati.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love it Jamaican. Gimme curried goat and channa with a can of Coconut Watah. Awww yeah.

But you can't ignore Indian either. It's creamier and the aroma is dreamier. I love chicken jalfrezi and saag paneer. Hot damn.

I want more roti!