Roy n Dale

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Many years ago, Roy Rogers and Dale Evans had a problem with a mountain lion.

This lion had cost Roy and Dale a number of head of cattle, but what really got Roy's attention was one night the big cat crept onto the front porch of their house and mangled Roy's brand new cowboy boots, which had been left outside overnight.

That was the final straw. Roy saddled up Trigger, called his faithful dog Bullet to his side, and rode off to find the mountain lion. He found the lion and shot it and tied the carcass across Trigger's back for the ride home.

As he rode up to the house, Dale, who was sitting on the porch, called out, "Pardon me Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?"

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by Docta Peppa@Jun 11 2005, 02:01 AM
Is that supposed to be a joke?
[post=319667]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't insult me.

It's an Americanized synopsis of Virgil's Aeneid, of course!

zgrog2000

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Pecker@Mar 25 2005, 03:23 AM
Many years ago, Roy Rogers and Dale Evans had a problem with a mountain lion.

This lion had cost Roy and Dale a number of head of cattle, but what really got Roy's attention was one night the big cat crept onto the front porch of their house and mangled Roy's brand new cowboy boots, which had been left outside overnight.

That was the final straw. Roy saddled up Trigger, called his faithful dog Bullet to his side, and rode off to find the mountain lion. He found the lion and shot it and tied the carcass across Trigger's back for the ride home.

As he rode up to the house, Dale, who was sitting on the porch, called out, "Pardon me Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?"
[post=293838]Quoted post[/post]​

Reminds me of the mouse that ran up the clock in the bar and said, " I'll have a hickory Daiquiri Doc"