Rugby players' kit

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by cetaylor1946, Oct 24, 2007.

1. cetaylor1946

cetaylor1946 New Member

What do those guys wear in addition to the skimpy shorts. Goddess, they go for the goal, fling themselves stomach/dick/balls onto the ground and go slide for several feet. They then get up smiling!!! Do they wear cups? Or their balls are minute?

Enquiring minds want to know!

2. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    They usually wear compression speedos or briefs what ever you wanna call them. If not, they're wearing jocks. I know most people'd like to believe that those rugby dudes go out there swingin' and singin, but they don't.

3. tyke

tyke New Member

Compression shorts seem to have replaced jocks nowadays.
    Didn't see any tell tale signs of jocks being worn during the recent matches,
    & beleve me I looked.........:smile:

4. Matt Cohen

Matt Cohen Member

Not sure what professional players wear but when I play I generally go commando. If the rugby shorts are tight enough then they keep my dick and balls secure. In the past I've tried wearing boxer shorts underneath but they always end up hanging lower than the rugby shorts which looks kinda odd.

None of the guys in my rugby team (in the UK) wear jockstraps. About half wear boxer shorts, a few wear briefs and one other guys always goes commando, same as me.

Penises will only swing around if your shorts are long and loose. If they fit tight around your thighs, your dick has nowhere to go but hang secure down the left or right leg of your shorts.

5. tyke

tyke New Member

Jockstraps have always been less common here in the UK than the US.

Can't remember ever seeing a guy wearing a jock during my school/collage years. We either wore swim trunks under our shorts or went commando.

You used to see the elastic leg straps on some Professional rugby players but all seem to wear compression shorts nowadays.

6. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I had a friend who was on the SDSU Rugby Team. He wore standard white Hanes briefs under his rugby shorts.

Draft saved Draft deleted