Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I know this is a website to do with penis and penis size lol, but I am asking for some advice for someone (myself) who will be partaking in his first marathon in a couple of months!

-Thanks

BillnotWill

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Care full of friction on the nipples and cock
TOTALLY! I didn't pay attention to people who mentioned this before my first marathon and paid for it. My nipples were bloody by the end of the race. Hurt forever!!

batnballs67

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Give yourself time to train, even if you have good base miles already. I'd follow a 16 week plan and Hal Higdon is a good one. Body Glide (or similar) for areas like groin and nipples that will chafe - 8 miles was the distance where I couldn't skip applying it. Also, you will have BAD runs and feel really frustrated. It's normal and don't feel like your training is back-sliding. Also, the mental part is as hard as the physical part...stick to the plan and you'll make it!

D

deleted300444

Yep, Vaseline or similar for nipples. Jock Strap below. The first I ran over 10 miles for my marathon training, my balls ached for three days.

Train with a group for motivation and learning best practices.

Good Luck.

Barberseville

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Vaseline on your nipples and around your crotch to prevent chafing. Wear running gear that you have worn before for a long run to prevent any surprises. Buy a pair of double lined socks to prevent blisters - eg the Wright Sock or the 1000 mile sock. Even if you haven't had blisters in a 21km run, the full 42km is a different challenge with regard to foot-care. And don't run too fast at the start - aim for an even split time on the two halves...

carlton10

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I used to run half marathons I would put medical tape over the nipples and wear bike shorts to run in as they have the built in crotch pad for support and are padded between the legs to prevent chafing.

Reactions: kcdave

pappiepapie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Never done a marathon, a buddy of mine did and the entire process of building up towards the day consumed him, but he did it and I was very proud of him!
I like running too, but never more than 25km. I am absolutely sure you already know what underwear to wear, and how to protect certain bodyparts against rubbing clothes. Clip your toenails ;) And eat very well and smart the days before the start. Make sure you are full with energy at the start. Drink well during the marathon, also when you are not feeling thirsty yet. And enjoy the last kilometre when you know that you will make it ;)
I hope you will succeed in your goal!

batnballs67

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm planning to apply myself to the marathon training. How is the shower equipment at the end of the competitions in general? Do they generally allow people to have a shower?

It will depend on the location. I think generally there is some sort of option for people to shower. When I ran in Richmond they let you use the showers at a nearby Y. I didn't shower there. I met my family and friends at the end and then went back to where we were staying to shower. Honestly, I was more crusty than sweaty and was so happy to finish that the thought of a shower was pretty distant. You should check the event page of the marathon you're planning to run to find out what is offered.

effedi7

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
It will depend on the location. I think generally there is some sort of option for people to shower. When I ran in Richmond they let you use the showers at a nearby Y. I didn't shower there. I met my family and friends at the end and then went back to where we were staying to shower. Honestly, I was more crusty than sweaty and was so happy to finish that the thought of a shower was pretty distant. You should check the event page of the marathon you're planning to run to find out what is offered.
thanks

Cool_guy_99

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know this is a website to do with penis and penis size lol, but I am asking for some advice for someone (myself) who will be partaking in his first marathon in a couple of months!

-Thanks
Good for you @NorthWestStud !! Proud of you on doing a marathon!! Get it!!

batnballs67

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks for all the advice folks...5 weeks away
Tapering is coming up and it's a different mental challenge . Backing off on mileage feels like you've given up and you won't be ready. Trust the plan and stick with it. Your muscles need to heal a little after the longest runs of training. (Good luck with those.)
I saw jock pics in your albums. You wearing a jock to run or just regular running shorts?