Running Late

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by fourtwenty, May 29, 2004.

1. fourtwenty

fourtwenty Member

So yeah. Today my girlfriend is 4 days late for her period.

How long till i get concerned that she's pregnant?

2. prepky

prepky New Member

Albums:
    my wife has gone as long as 2 months and not prego...it just depends on your girl, if she is regular every month, then I would be concerned....however several things can cause her to be late.....stress, excessive excerise, extreme weight shift...ect
    If all else fails take a EPT.

Prep

3. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: pregnancy tests may not be accurate for as long as two weeks after a missed period. it takes that long for some women to have enough hormone change to show up on the test.

so you will need to wait at least a few more days.
    most of the time you can buy the tests in twin packs for not much more than a single.

she can also go to a pregnancy support center for a free test.
    If she is pregnant they will help her find a doctor, sign up for medicaid, WIC, ect.
    and can help her obtain maternity clothing, baby clothes and other supplies.

Im usually pretty regular, but I have been late and even missed before. Stress will do it.

Tender

4. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: Actually, most of the time the EPT tests can detect a rise in the HCG hormone as soon as 2 weeks post conception, or right about the time the period is due.

Stress and fear over a possible pregnancy can easily make her four days late. A friend is a counselor at a local high school and brings me urine specimens from the girls from time to time to find out. He says that when the tests are negative, the girls come to him within a day or so to tell him that they started.

Good luck, fourtwenty, and if you do luck out this time, I suggest you make sure it doesn't happen until you want it to.

Allie

5. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: ah!
    wvalady you are right,
    I said 2 weeks after missing, but it really is 2 weeks from getting pregnant-I got it mixed up...
    eitherway- some girls get scared within a day or two after sex and wonder if they are, and that is too early to get a reliable test result.
    it takes time for it to show up.

Tender

Draft saved Draft deleted