Running

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Running is a sport similiar to cycling. I used to cycle hell of a lot as a teen, two or three times a week and every fortnight i would add a 30 mile round cycle to my rides.

What it does is improve the cardio-vascular system immensely

As for building muscles, well my calf muscles are huge and my quadriceps are toned but my ass is pretty flat, it has'nt built up like my leg muscles for some reason. Perhaps squats would be a better choice of exercise?

crv

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
First, you already have a great looking body! But the running will only help. Like Mitchymo, my calf muscles are very large, but it has definately firmed my ass and given it better shape. I run about 20 miles/week.

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I agree that running can be great cardio but will not necessarily give you bigger leg muscles. If you're looking to add size, I'd second adding some heavy-weight work at the gym (squats, calf raises with weights, etc.) The effect of running can vary greatly depending on individual builds, metabolism and other factors. If your pics are current, htough, you look like you could sit around eating ice cream all day and still have a fantastic body. :biggrin1: I'm guessing that some leg work with weight will give you some very quick results.

Darkriff

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Running *shudders*. Oh the memories of Army life. Ran less than some of the civillians posting here tho lol. Twice a week we'd run 2-3 miles, then every Friday we ran 6 miles. Calves didn't increase in size as I thought, but definately toned up great.

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was a competitive triathlete for ten years with an aggressive training program. Like above, it was the cycling 200 miles/week that really built my calves and glutes. The running & cycling are awesome for cardio and endurance. Add in some balanced weight work and you'll be good. Judging from your pics, you've got a great base from which to start. Enjoy!

bthegreat

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I was a competitive triathlete for ten years with an aggressive training program. Like above, it was the cycling 200 miles/week that really built my calves and glutes. The running & cycling are awesome for cardio and endurance. Add in some balanced weight work and you'll be good. Judging from your pics, you've got a great base from which to start. Enjoy!

Thanks Man

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockmaestro

I think if you increase it to six miles, your dick will gain a couple of inches. At least that's what I heard....

Where you hear that from? lol

Where you hear that from? lol

Well....I was a competitive distance runner in college and professional for a couple years. I think all that downward force when I landed each stride stretched my dick....haha!

Seriously, you won't get big calves from running. If you did, the Kenyans would have gigantic calves.

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have been a long distance runner for many years. You most likely won't get the big calves from running. I have seen it more in cyclists. Your muscles will become more defined as you lose body fat and that may make them appear bigger. You already have a good looking lean body. Long distance running may increase your leg size but will also waste away your upper body. You may want to consider a weight training program with lots of squats and extensions. It's good to have personal goals but not everyone finds the same things attractive. Getting big beefy legs and an ass may cause people to think you look more like a freak. Most people would be incredibly happy to have a body like yours.

bthegreat

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have been a long distance runner for many years. You most likely won't get the big calves from running. I have seen it more in cyclists. Your muscles will become more defined as you lose body fat and that may make them appear bigger. You already have a good looking lean body. Long distance running may increase your leg size but will also waste away your upper body. You may want to consider a weight training program with lots of squats and extensions. It's good to have personal goals but not everyone finds the same things attractive. Getting big beefy legs and an ass may cause people to think you look more like a freak. Most people would be incredibly happy to have a body like yours.

Thanks

joe bltsflk

Experimental Member
Media

bthegreat

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes, running can have some negative affects. I have had surgery on both of my knees. I can't guarantee that it was all the result of running but it certainly did aggravate it. I took a lot of hits in football and motorcross that weren't good either.

D_Tyrone_Tittickler

Experimental Member
Media
Bthegreat,

I enjoy running because I can be quiet and think, and I have a chance to get some fresh air. It is advisable to vary your excercise routine so that you do not become bored or experience injuries to your joints, similar to what Musclebare9 experienced. When you notice pain, ease up. The belief that exercise has to hurt otherwise there is no benefit is sheer lunacy. Pain is your body's way of communicating that something is wrong. Bonne chance, ami, take it easy and be persistent.