Rush

Inwood: First it's drugs.

Now it's money laundering.

Is sex the next big thing?

I wonder when he'll be able to tell us all about it.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Drugs yeah.

Money laundering maybe.

But sex? C'mon it's Rush. :D :D :D :D

Pecker

I have no luck with women. Once I went on a date and asked the woman if she'd brought any protection. She pulled a switchblade on me.

Inwood: Well the maid supplied him with drugs, maybe she supplied him with something else. :p

tracksuitboy: I kind of get the impression that this Rush person is a right-wing "thrash 'em and hang 'em" type who's been caught out.

As a non-American, could a kind person explain what's what with this person? Ta.

TSB

Ta = slang for 'Thanks'

SpeedoGuy: TSB:

Rush Limbaugh is an outspoken conservative radio talk here in the U.S. His daily show operates on a syndicated network of AM radio stations across the country. The talk-radio format with host commentary, guest appearances and telephone callers discussing current political hot topics has proven to be very popular over the last decade, particularly for conservative audiences. The discussions tend to be very partisan. There are a number of similar radio shows but Rush probably has the largest following of any political commentator  with an estimated daily audidence of around 20 million listeners.

After a police investigation in Florida, Rush recently admitted that he was addicted to a powerful prescription painkilling drug which he had been purchasing illegally. He was off the air for more than a month while he underwent drug rehabilitation therapy and has recently returned to his show. Now allegations of his participation in some kind of money laundering scheme are surfacing in the media.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/11/19/limbaugh.painkillers.ap/index.html

SG

Inwood: The supposed money laundering is linked to his purchase of illegal drugs. It's not proven true it's just being investigated since he made a number of suspect money withdrawals during that time.

str8_nnj: Seems just another topic for media feeding frenzy time.
Popularity only magnifies interest. Jacko has chinese reporters following his every move. Rush because of his
"troubles" only provides his distractors and opponents with more feed.
Read,watch and listen....absorb,determine and pass judgement..(once again depending with who you associate with when deciding such things)... ::)

Thumper_10x7_CA: :D When I saw the Subject of this thread I assumed it was about poppers! hahahaha :D

Inwood: Well with Rush who knows - but I don't think he's claimed heart problems yet.

Interesting news about him being investigated for possibly Doctor "shopping." I wonder if they're just going to bang him around a bit or really go after him.

What a novel defense. I guess the rest of the people who've been caught in this type of situation haven't had the luck to be able to claim they're being pursued because they're celebrities. The rest are just considered drug addicts. (I wonder if he ever went off on Martha's problems on his show?)

jerkin4-10: rush is intelligent enough...but quite slanted...he just started believing his press a bit too much...if he had asked for help BEFORE they busted him out...i woulda had a bit more sympathy for him...what is the saying?
'asbsolute power corrupts absolutely'...