Russian charged over Litvinenko death

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by dong20, May 22, 2007.

1. dong20

Gold Member

"Lugovoy, a former KGB bodyguard who later worked as head of security for tycoon Boris Berezovsky, has previously laughed off reports that Britain would seek his extradition. He has denied killing Litvinenko and lashed out at British media for demonising him."

Charging the man is one thing, extradition is another. Odds on a prosecution anyone?

Russian charged over Litvinenko death | UK | Reuters

2. homelessmandril

Albums:
    Well let's not get our hopes up, but didn't they agree to the extradition of those two FSB agents who assassinated the Chechen fellow (the one with the unpronouncable name) in Qatar?

Yes, that's right, the Qatar authorities charged and sentenced them, then allowed them to serve their sentence in a prison back in Russia.....from which they.....umm.....well.....somehow they don't appear to have.....err......ever.....been there.....

Gotta love that Russian justice!

3. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

I suspect that this is going to be a show trial, and a show lawsuit. Probably they will find someone willing to admit the crime and have himself put into prison for the time of the investigation, maybe even agree to the verdict, and then be either sentenced to a symbolic, short prison sentence or even be released under wrong identity. I know, sometimes even I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist.

4. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

I'm getting mroe and more cynical about the Russian idea of "Jsutice" and Putin's way of running the country.

Even if he admitted it on live TV - which he basically did "I do not consider myself guilty" - I doubt anything will happen to him. He's ex KGB, he's in the loop.

5. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

All I can say is:

*Sigh* White people...

So we have a man who was killed by a radioactive substance in a public area which left contamination in many public areas including a plane and yet everyone moans about pakis getting radioactive material??!?

Damn traitor deserved it anyway. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted