Russian wins Eurovision...

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Greece or Ukraine.

But every year it's back to the good old political voting.

Honestly, what's the point anymore. The UK was last, for the second year running. But I guess our song was kinda shite and the guy singing does kinda look like Starvin Marvin from South Park. lol

koval

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why do you think Ireland voted to have Dustin the Turkey as its representative? They knew it would be rigged and this was their way of having fun at the eurovisions expense (basically a two fingers salute to this bull).

mattflanders

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And you can bet next year's ESC will be horrible coming from Moscow... Considering the bad taste in music they've got :eek:
And his English was excruciatingly bad, he couldn't even pronounce the word "courage" which sounded like "shoorash"
And so the "vote for your neighbor" attitude goes on...

I spent €5 on SMSes for Ireland on Tuesday by the way :cool:

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Let's keep that oil and gas flowing from Mother Russia eh!! Thank god for Sir Terry, amongst the horror of it firmly becoming a political competition that has nothing to do with music anymore, old Tel had me laughing out loud.

I hope we pull out of it next year, it's even more of an embarrassment now.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been to Eurovision twice as a composer. The contest, the voting, the week as fun as it is, is all political. The only countries that want to actually win at this point are, for the most part, eastern European countries that can benefit from the built in marketing and enjoy the tourism influx. Most previous winners, especially Ireland, do not want to or need to win. To host the contest is an immense procedure, logistically and financially. That's the reality...For me personally, it was just fun...big fun