Ruth Kelly - Hypocrite 111 ...

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
Ruth Kelly (the former Education Minister) has deservedly come under fire for sending her son to a fee-paying private school .
Ms Kelly chose to send her mildly dyslexic son to a £15,000 a year school of her choice saying as a mother she wanted the best for her children.
Kelly (and the Labour Partie's policies) have previously been instrumental in closing many special needs schools ...
She chose to ignore the six schools in her locale that could have taught her son and opted for a private school in the country with a swimming pool.
Ms Kelly is now Communities Minister and a member of religious group, Opus Dei.
She is firmly anti-gay and fails to attend many policy meetings on gay and diversity rights !
Do as I say and not do as I do seems to be the Labour way ...

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Interesting... but if she has the $ to send her son to a private school, it would seem that is her choice. It likely is a better situation for her son than a public school. Quite honestly, I believe that we need to make public schools the best we can and try to integrate children with handicaps. However, a public school will never be able to offer the same amount of care and individual attention as a school where you pay $15 000 a year (sorry, my computer does not seem to have the pounds sterling key.) This goes for a child with disabilities as well as a “normal” child.

As for not attending policy meetings on gays and diversity rights, I would say count your blessings. If she is firmly anti-gay then would you really want her steering the committee that is responsible for laws protecting “gay rights?” Be happy that she avoids them and does not contribute.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'd like to avoid this particular discussion, but before it goes much further, I'd like to urge people to be careful with their terminology:

The phrase "public school" means different things in the US and the UK. In the US, a "public school" is one that is funded entirely by taxpayers and which are tuition-free at the primary and secondary school levels. In the UK, a "public school" is a nondenominational independent school; the "public" in their name signifies that they don't restrict enrollment to members of a particular religion, not that they're government-subsidized. (see also The Public Schools Act of 1868.)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Where does it say that a public servant cannot provide the very best education that he or she can afford for her children?

That's somewhat like dissing a transportation czar for not using the bus to get to work.

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
Where does it say that a public servant cannot provide the very best education that he or she can afford for her children?

It's in the same paragraph that says a gay minister ought to marry an older woman whilst concealing his true sexuality from the world ... Y'know, the one that says a sham marriage and rent boys are to be admired . Just past the codicil on illegal house loans and undeclared earnings !

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

That's somewhat like dissing a transportation czar for not using the bus to get to work.

Yes, for a tory.
Labour is supposed to be egalitarian, seems to have forgotten that principal in this case. I would have thought a member of Opus Dei becoming a minister in a labour government was unlikely.

Nelly Gay, do you think HM's PM is a bit conflicted? (I was very surprised at him supporting W. in his war, do you suspect W. has something on him?)

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
Yes, for a tory.
Labour is supposed to be egalitarian, seems to have forgotten that principal in this case. I would have thought a member of Opus Dei becoming a minister in a labour government was unlikely.

Nelly Gay, do you think HM's PM is a bit conflicted? (I was very surprised at him supporting W. in his war, do you suspect W. has something on him?)

Moreover, Ruth Kelly in her role as Communities Minister has acceded to the Christian camapaigners/bigots in deferring an important pro-gay political decision until April ....

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Its her choice where she sends her kids and im sure if any of us had the cash we would send our kids to what we thought were the best for them

As for closing down the special needs schools and being anti-gay....Well they are 2 entirely different topics but both should be bought up at the next elections.

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
Its her choice where she sends her kids and im sure if any of us had the cash we would send our kids to what we thought were the best for them

As for closing down the special needs schools and being anti-gay....Well they are 2 entirely different topics but both should be bought up at the next elections.

HungGreek ?!!