Ryan Reynolds seem effeminate

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I may've already posted about this. If so, sorry. :rolleyes:

Anyway, was just watching a documentary about Alanis Morissette from about 2004. She had just noted how she always considered herself a Tom Boy, and then there is a scene of her with Ryan Reynolds, to whom she was engaged at the time. Suddenly, it made sense. I've always gotten a bisexual vibe from Ryan Reynolds. Fitting that he would be paired with a tomboy like Alanis.

yaoirabbit

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So, Ryan Reynolds is bisexual because he was engaged to a tomboy. Sure, that logic makes sense.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I wrote that I get a "bisexual vibe" from him and that he seems effeminate. I then said that Alanis described herself as a "tomboy." So, Mr. Logic Makes Sense, what I said was that both embody aspects of their opposite gender. I then inferred that this may be why they were attracted to one another.

In the song "21 Things I Want in a Lover," Alanis asks a prospective lover, "Are you both masculine and feminine?" That's one thing she looks for in a lover, and which apparently she found in Ryan Reynolds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdvCdH325MA

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
In "So-Called Chaos," she talks about wanting to be naked and running in the streets and then proceeding to fly into the air, but I wouldn't take those lyrics too literally though. I'm sure most artists have no problem writing lyrics pertaining to personal and intimate situations, but I wouldn't ascribe real motives to what they're singing about. Can you imagine if Blur's "Song 2" worked that way? You can't do much with woooo hooooooooo followed by something nearly unintelligible. As far as Ryan Reynolds is concerned, he's got a metrosexual vibe and his humor (just watch "Waiting" for example) is borderline homoerotic. I wouldn't infer any sexual from him about that. He's straight, but being in Hollywood and being thought of as a quirky guy or as someone who is attractive to both men and women (he did look pretty cut in Blade 3), he probably doesn't give a damn.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Why wouldn't you take those lyrics literally? Maybe she really wants to do that. I mean, she DID get naked in the video for "Thank U." And who among us hasn't wanted to fly? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgpT5rEKIU&ob=av2n

Again, I didn't say he IS bisexual. I said I get a "bisexual vibe" from him. You get roughly the same vibe, but give it a different name: "metrosexual."

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I may've already posted about this. If so, sorry. :rolleyes:

Anyway, was just watching a documentary about Alanis Morissette from about 2004. She had just noted how she always considered herself a Tom Boy, and then there is a scene of her with Ryan Reynolds, to whom she was engaged at the time. Suddenly, it made sense. I've always gotten a bisexual vibe from Ryan Reynolds. Fitting that he would be paired with a tomboy like Alanis.

Okay then.:confused:

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He does have that hissing 's' :rolleyes: He does talk about falling all over himself to give women the adoration and utter worship the so richly 'deserve' :rolleyes: He keeps himself totally buff and meticulously groomed :rolleyes: He seems to have a good-natured 'tolerance' of all those gay men who drool over him :rolleyes:

Might he be a heterosexual sissy?:confused::eek:

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Again, I didn't say he IS bisexual. I said I get a "bisexual vibe" from him. You get roughly the same vibe, but give it a different name: "metrosexual."

One vibe suggests that he'd be receptive to messing around with guys or girls. The other suggests that he pays dutiful attention to clothing and appearance, which has no real bearing or predictability regarding whom he would want to find him attractive, hook-up, etc.

L_Lynn

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Gee, Henry, for a writer you sure picked the wrong words! ;)

I get what you mean that Ryan Reynolds seems, "in touch with his feminine side," and how that could make the pairing with Alanis Morissette more understandable. I always thought they seemed an odd match, but I am a more feminine type myself. More the Scarlett Johansson type.

Dang. That just made me imagine a three way with Scarlett and Ryan. Oh my! Excuse me... a fantasy is calling.

bigone90036

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I knew a guy who worked in LA at the Bristol Farms on Sunset & Fairfax. He swears that Ryan Reynolds flirted with him every time he came in. I have no proof of this, just what this guy says.

TexasTail4U2Use

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I knew a guy who worked in LA at the Bristol Farms on Sunset & Fairfax. He swears that Ryan Reynolds flirted with him every time he came in. I have no proof of this, just what this guy says.

He strikes me as someone who has a flirtatious personality and probably flirts with both sexes!

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
He does have that hissing 's' :rolleyes: He does talk about falling all over himself to give women the adoration and utter worship the so richly 'deserve' :rolleyes: He keeps himself totally buff and meticulously groomed :rolleyes: He seems to have a good-natured 'tolerance' of all those gay men who drool over him :rolleyes:

Might he be a heterosexual sissy?:confused::eek:

Wow. I forgot how touchy people can be on this forum. This is like when people ask if a certain celebrity is gay, and everyone almost kills themselves. Geez, people. Pull yourselves together.

I love how people project their own insecurities out there, assuming that when I say he seems "effeminate" I am saying that there is something wrong with that. MAYBE I SHOULD'VE WRITTEN THAT I LIKE THAT HE IS EFFEIMINATE! Sorry. I didn't write that because I thought it went without saying.

So, to try to put some paranoid people's fear at ease, I LIKE THAT RYAN REYNOLDS SEEMS EFFEMINATE. I THINK HE'S SEXY>

cece

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He wasn't very effeminate in "Amityville Horror", so that goes to show how good an actor he is! I don't really care whether he's ripped with muscle or effeminate, but what troubles me is this insecure and pitiful look he always has in his eyes. That comes across as very sissy in a man! Just my 2 cents!

Wow. I forgot how touchy people can be on this forum. This is like when people ask if a certain celebrity is gay, and everyone almost kills themselves. Geez, people. Pull yourselves together.

LOL, you did kinda get a disproportionate response. :redface:

He's hot - and so's the Johansson. Your theories may be correct, I dunno, but there may also be a bit of wishful thinking goin on. :wink:

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
LOL, you did kinda get a disproportionate response. :redface:

He's hot - and so's the Johansson. Your theories may be correct, I dunno, but there may also be a bit of wishful thinking goin on. :wink:

It's really weird, but on this forum when you say a man seems effeminate, people automatically assume you are insulting them. It's almost like you need to tag on the Seinfeld disclaimer of "Not that there's anything wrong with it!" I forget to do that, because I never felt there was anything wrong with it. I actually find it very attractive that he's effeminate, and I think it's cool that a guy with effeminate traits made it as far in Hollywood as he has.

And, yeah, if you want to get people attacking you on this forum, start a thread asking if a certain celebrity is gay. You will be innundated with spiteful, self-righteous comments like, "Why does it matter?" Umm. I don't know... maybe for the same reason that people on this forum need to state they are "90% Gay and 10% Straight."

S

SirConcis

Reynolds may be as straight as an arrow. Realistically, we really can't tell. He is an actor after all, and you would rarely see him in his real personality.

My guess is that is is just a nice and decent person who doesn't need to be macho to attract females. And he can be nice to men because he is not affraid of being labeled "homosexual".