Ryan Seachrest

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Whether it's Anderson Cooper or Ryan Seacrest, I don't understand why people become so upset over their decisions to keep their private lives PRIVATE. Part of their success and (increasing) longevity on television is their ability to keep their personal lives private. They don't have clouds of personal scandal that cause the public to focus on their celebrity personae rather than their actual on-air job performance.

Le'ts take the recent controversy with CNN's correspondent, Richard Quest. Everyone knows/suspects that he's gay as a goose. Then, two weeks ago, he was found in Central Park after hours with fetish gear and crystal meth. Both before and after this incident, people spent their time speculating about the "gay"aspects of his life rather than focusing on his journalism and his abilities to host and moderate shows.

The same dilemma is a professional concern for Anderson and Ryan. Anderson works hard to be a professional journalist, and Ryan works hard as a host/moderator for multiple media shows. They are justified in maintaining their professional integrity. Their privacy does not mean that they are ashamed of their sexuality.

DadsAreUs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Whether it's Anderson Cooper or Ryan Seacrest, I don't understand why people become so upset over their decisions to keep their private lives PRIVATE. Part of their success and (increasing) longevity on television is their ability to keep their personal lives private. They don't have clouds of personal scandal that cause the public to focus on their celebrity personae rather than their actual on-air job performance.

Le'ts take the recent controversy with CNN's correspondent, Richard Quest. Everyone knows/suspects that he's gay as a goose. Then, two weeks ago, he was found in Central Park after hours with fetish gear and crystal meth. Both before and after this incident, people spent their time speculating about the "gay"aspects of his life rather than focusing on his journalism and his abilities to host and moderate shows.

The same dilemma is a professional concern for Anderson and Ryan. Anderson works hard to be a professional journalist, and Ryan works hard as a host/moderator for multiple media shows. They are justified in maintaining their professional integrity. Their privacy does not mean that they are ashamed of their sexuality.

Well, with Anderson nobody really talks about it all that much because it is so well-known that he is gay and he makes very little effort to hide the fact. Sure, on a gossip board like this there is some discussion but for the most part people seem to respect him and his decision to keep this subject out of his professional world.

As far as Seacrest goes, he is such a sill and superfluous celebrity that it is really hard to justify getting too upset about invading his privacy. He is the host of a lowest common denominator talent competition and his greatest skill is managing to keep a straight face during some of the dumbest TV in years and while segueing to a product tie in for Ford or Coke. Who cares about his feelings. He is making plenty of money doing very, very little.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As far as Seacrest goes, he is such a sill and superfluous celebrity that it is really hard to justify getting too upset about invading his privacy. He is the host of a lowest common denominator talent competition and his greatest skill is managing to keep a straight face during some of the dumbest TV in years and while segueing to a product tie in for Ford or Coke. Who cares about his feelings. He is making plenty of money doing very, very little.

He is STILL entitled to his privacy. That doesn't depend on what particularly he is doing in the public arena, unless he is gay and is negatively ranting about gay guys or something while maintaining his closet. Let's not be snobbish about people's right to a private life.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
here's what i feel. you wouldn't follow your neighbor around the supermarket going "is he gay? is he gay? he looks gay!! he walks kinda gay!! i think he might be gay". i don't understand why people feel like celebrities are lifeless soulless objects that are open to any kind of judgments and speculations. celebrity or not, i'd hate to think that there's an entire thread debating my sexuality, its NONE OF YOUR BIZNESS. actually, wait i do understand it. people get so bored with their own miserable lives that they live vicariously through celebrities. nothing excites them more than a celeb scandal because its much easier to get excited over someone else's life than to get up off your chair and create your own life

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
For all those Ryan SeaCrest followers, he will be Larry King's guest this Thursday

Thursday: Ryan Seacrest
tztv.ryan.seacrest.lkl.gif

Ryan Seacrest! It's down to the wire on 'American Idol' - is there another superstar in the making? Plus, are the rumors true? You'll hear all about it - only on Larry King Live!

Curiousman

1st Like
Media
Hollywood has had some closet queens in the past but Miss Seacrest takes the cake, all these women pretending to be his significant other must get paid very well, LOL.

Ms.Teacher

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He's certainly popular with two threads...

http://www.lpsg.org/23527-ryan-seachrest.html

I don't think he's gay. There are rumors about almost every guy in show business being gay from Ryan Phillipe to George Clooney. It's more or less wishful thinking on the part of gay men.

I don't believe rumors unless I see some kind of real evidence of it, i.e., him holding hands with a guy, kissing a guy, etc. He's hot, smart, talented and rich. Not too many people are all that at his young age, and a lot of folks are just plain jealous of him.

And he's also metrosexual, which isn't synonymous with being gay. I like that he knows about the gay rumors and is secure enough to play along with it. He seems like a very nice and down to earth guy.

http://tv.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ryan_seacrest_details.jpg

NewArtz

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Any straight man, who who is secure with his own sexuality and whether he's fooled around with a guy or not, should be flattered that gay men wonder if he's gay. I mean you don't hear gay rumors about Larry King or Bill O'Reilly.

God, we hope their not gay!

MAJOR2910

Sexy Member
Media
Wow- talk about trashing someone you hardly know anything about....

I went to school with Ryan and we remain friends to this day. We don't see each other a lot, due to his schedule, but we talk on the phone and email. What you see on T.V. is his personna that he is "expected" to be- in person he is quite different. It's like saying all characters on any T.V. show are the same as their real life personality. He can sometimes be high maintenance, but hell, look at some of you bitches on here.....WOW :eek:

Ive actually just watched a Kathy Griffin piece where she rips the crap out of him! She clearly hates him because of how he is in person. The story she tells makes him sound like a complete cunt & many other celebrities seem to dislike him too. Personally I just dont find him funny or sexy & he really shouldnt try to mix it with Simon. He's punching way above is weight.

Ms.Teacher

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ive actually just watched a Kathy Griffin piece where she rips the crap out of him! She clearly hates him because of how he is in person. The story she tells makes him sound like a complete cunt & many other celebrities seem to dislike him too. Personally I just dont find him funny or sexy & he really shouldnt try to mix it with Simon. He's punching way above is weight.

How is he in person? Kathy Griffin can be kind of bitchy. What did she say about him?

Maybe I'm not reading the right gossip columns, but I've never read anything that bad about him. I heard a dj bashing him one day and saying that Ryan had no talent, but I got the impression that he was jealous of him. I think a lot of dj's would be, since he's moved on to television hosting and interviewing, and makes a mere $14 million a year.

Ryan Seacrest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia