S. Bay Students Wearing U.S. Flag Shirts Sent Home

D_Budd_Hert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Now We all know that if you were to wear an American flag in Mexico ......Ummmmm ? lets say ? on The Fourth of July ? What would happen then ? I thought this was the United States of America !!!! didnt realize California was the OTHER NEW MEXICO ...... God forbid we romove prayer from schools but its ok to teach our kids " The Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish ? " a day doesn't go by when I see more and more Mexican Businesses opening up here in " NEW MEXICO " being that I'm Japanese ......maybe I should open a laundry mat or Chicken Bowl ? ( I know Chinese related ) but ...WTH !!!! God Bless AMERICA ??? I don't see Canadians trying to sneak across the border ???? Hmmmmmm ? I forgot Cinco De Mayo was another American Holiday ......do they Celebrate 4 th of July in Mexico ????? Pass the Maple Syrup please !!!!!! or is it Canadian Bacon ? VIVA LA RASSA !!!

First of all they did this for NASTY reasons.
You all know this.
Second of all, I can not believe that one was MIXED with Mexican and White and he went along with his WHITE friends. That is SAD, for him to even SPIT on his OWN race.

It was JUST ONE day! You can WEAR your USA flags shirts and USA FLAG GEAR ANY OTHER day! Why that day for Hispanic Americans? Hell, it was ONLY ONE day that was for them to LIVE without HATE.. Is that TOO much to ask for? I guess so.....:mad:

When will we STOP being NASTY to each other?
You don't see folks SPITTING on the GREEN day, Irish or Thanks giving, which a LOAD of NATIVE folks DIED at the hands of other folks...
Then the parents of the kids wearing the USA get up, CLAIM that they did NOTHING wrong!!:eek: WOW, HATE will go on to a NEW generation, way to go.

I guess we AMERICANS forget that we ALL are from other lands. It is FUNNY how we forget so easy. The NATIVE people that was forced to live on POOR reservations. We need to LEARN to STOP this pis poor HATE.

What next? Kids will wear NAZI gear during Black History month..:mad:
We ALL need to STOP and learn to live in this SMALL world together!

Native Americans in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Original ~ Indians.org
I'm sorry ma'am but I disagree with you.

FIrst off I have several of those shirts and wear them all the time it may have been coincidence they wore them this particular day or they did it on purpose it does not matter. We live in the United States of America and will wear semblence of the flag if we see fit. Its a call of patriotism.

Frankly I don't care where a persons' ancestors are from if they are born in America or went about gaining citizenship then they are Americans. Being proud of one's heritage is alll well in fine but at the end of the Day if you are a citizen then your an American first everything else is secondary. ]

And personally I find your post to be rather provoking and insulting.

Doesn't really apply here, but I figured I'd post anyway.

[/LIST]
Take from that what you will, but the flag code is never listened to except by those that bother researching such things.
Just a note that code is meant that a actual flag not be used as clothing but the likeness printed on a material is acceptable.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mr_Bulldog says,
And personally I find your post to be rather provoking and insulting.

I also find YOUR post the same...

So we both agree on something!

Daxe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

First of all they did this for NASTY reasons.
You all know this.
Second of all, I can not believe that one was MIXED with Mexican and White and he went along with his WHITE friends. That is SAD, for him to even SPIT on his OWN race.

It was JUST ONE day! You can WEAR your USA flags shirts and USA FLAG GEAR ANY OTHER day! Why that day for Hispanic Americans? Hell, it was ONLY ONE day that was for them to LIVE without HATE.. Is that TOO much to ask for? I guess so.....:mad:

When will we STOP being NASTY to each other?
You don't see folks SPITTING on the GREEN day, Irish or Thanks giving, which a LOAD of NATIVE folks DIED at the hands of other folks...
Then the parents of the kids wearing the USA get up, CLAIM that they did NOTHING wrong!!:eek: WOW, HATE will go on to a NEW generation, way to go.

I guess we AMERICANS forget that we ALL are from other lands. It is FUNNY how we forget so easy. The NATIVE people that was forced to live on POOR reservations. We need to LEARN to STOP this pis poor HATE.

What next? Kids will wear NAZI gear during Black History month..:mad:
We ALL need to STOP and learn to live in this SMALL world together!

Native Americans in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Original ~ Indians.org

Why all the hate? You should be more offended that your fellow American's right to free speach was steped on. The 5th of May is not celebrated the same way in Mexico as it is here, here it is a drinking holiday like St. Patrick's day. I am from New Mexico and now live in Texas and every where I have gone both flags we up. One for the heritage of where the holiday came from and one for the country in which they live. That goes for March 17th as well. :smile:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The district agreed that what the school did was wrong. Nuff said.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
They wanted to make a statement, they should of worn the French flag.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry, but if I was one of the parents of one of these kids getting sent home, I would've refused to take my kid home, and instead threatened the Principal with a big fat lawsuit. Oh yeah- would've gotten the ACLU on speed dial. This was a SERIOUS violation of free speech rights, and some of the quotes from some of the Mexican students show just how ignorant some kids can be these days. One girl even said that these boys could be patriotic every day but that day. Please. They can be patriotic any damn day they please. There was nothing incendiary about what they wore.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
What are countries? Seriously. Youre patriotic because you were born on some land. We are all humans. Get over your flag and your fucking united states of a fucking 'merica and calm the fuck down. The world would be a better place.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
What are countries? Seriously. Youre patriotic because you were born on some land. We are all humans. Get over your flag and your fucking united states of a fucking 'merica and calm the fuck down. The world would be a better place.

I absolutely could not agree more Lemon. I'm of Irish heritage but am British by nationality and birth and have lived in Ireland half my life, I've often had to address issues of nationality and patriotism head on.

Am I proud of my heritage, by which I mean the culture and achievements of my ancestors? yes I am, am I proud of the ways in which those cultures and achievements have influenced me positively? yes I am.

Do I feel anything but the most distant relationship to the idea of the United Kingdom or Ireland? No I don't. Nations are political entities, they fuel themselves on the pretence that a state has some some emotional or philosophical meaning which transcends the mere fact of their existence. Nationalism, Patriotism, Jingoism, Chauvinism, all of these things are props used to support the continued existence of states, they provide the rationale for an Us and Them mentality which has been the cause, in part, of almost every conflict in human history.

Our cultural influences and language, our social norms and ways of living, most of these things can be positive influences on our lives. By contrast the concept of nationality is rarely a positive influence, and at best plays only a morally neutral role in our lives and at worst a highly destructive and poisonous one.

Last edited:

Being patriotic doesn't have to coincide with where you where born. It has to do with mentality and beliefs. Insulting my country's name definitely isn't helping your argument or getting you brownie points.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Being patriotic doesn't have to coincide with where you where born. It has to do with mentality and beliefs. Insulting my country's name definitely isn't helping your argument or getting you brownie points.
And im arguing that it is the beliefs and mentality of the stupid. Be proud of being a human being rather than being an "American" or "English" or "Chinese". Do you think coming from a certain country makes you any better? By all means embrace your culture, but embrace others too.

Patriotism and nationalism are dangerous roads and ideals that are easily manipulated by those in power. Its an outdated belief, and the sooner its gone the better.

I dont want your brownie points.

morocco

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I fully support what the principal. I certinly believe that free speech is important. Also, being patriotic (to a limited extent) in of itself is not a bad thing. However, this is not an issue of free speech or patriotism. These kids were obviosuly trying to cause a problem. We are living in a tense and charged environment over the issue of immigration in America, especially in light of the recent (and in my opinion wrong/ racist) law passed in Arizona. The principal recognized that their behavior was done not out of pride/ patriotism but instead out of intolerance. Their behavior was childish and offensive because of why they did it. I have no problem with someone wearing a t-shirt with a flag. However, I do have a problem when people wear it as an act of intimidation and to make others feel unwelcome. America is supposed to be a country of inclusion and equality. That is what the flag should represent. I think their behavior is shameful and I support the principal's decision. It easily could have caused a problem/ fight and he was right to recognize the danger and why they did it. Using the flag to signify intolerance makes me very upset.

captain garbonzo

Experimental Member
Media
I fully support what the principal. I certinly believe that free speech is important. Also, being patriotic (to a limited extent) in of itself is not a bad thing. However, this is not an issue of free speech or patriotism. These kids were obviosuly trying to cause a problem. We are living in a tense and charged environment over the issue of immigration in America, especially in light of the recent (and in my opinion wrong/ racist) law passed in Arizona. The principal recognized that their behavior was done not out of pride/ patriotism but instead out of intolerance. Their behavior was childish and offensive because of why they did it. I have no problem with someone wearing a t-shirt with a flag. However, I do have a problem when people wear it as an act of intimidation and to make others feel unwelcome. America is supposed to be a country of inclusion and equality. That is what the flag should represent. I think their behavior is shameful and I support the principal's decision. It easily could have caused a problem/ fight and he was right to recognize the danger and why they did it. Using the flag to signify intolerance makes me very upset.
Why should hispanic students be offended? One of the hispanic students remarked "we let them have their day on the 4th of july. Let them have ours." I find that pretty unpatriotic for someone living in the USA, don't you?

If the kids were talking shit to the hispanic students, that's one thing. They should be suspended for that. If the kids were just wearing the flags and the hispanic students got pissed off, I find that very disturbing but frankly, I'm not surprised. I know that alot of hispanics feel about the USA, in particular California and Arizona, which used to be Mexico. To them, they're just taking back their land.

They have won it back. From the politicians and lawmakers that pander to illegals and the hispanic vote to the liberals who jump on the boycott Arizona bandwagon , it's obvious that american citizens have less rights now than illegal hispanics. A recent study showed that across the USA, illegals are actually gaining MORE rights than less.

The thing that really disturbs me is this: the number one population growth in California now is also the least educated. Welfare, anyone???
They need to stress and support education for their children, which in latino households is sadly lacking. I know because I grew up with them and I work with them everyday and party with them. I have been a 'pinche guero' since I can remember...

Last edited: