Saddam Hussein

Landshark77

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by tgerald597@May 21 2005, 02:32 PM
Pictures of him in his underwear came out. Looks like a decent bulge to me! :eek:
[post=313431]Quoted post[/post]​

Who would want to see that?!

cityboy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by tgerald597@May 21 2005, 02:32 PM
Pictures of him in his underwear came out. Looks like a decent bulge to me! :eek:
[post=313431]Quoted post[/post]​

Ugggg. I thought the Michael Jackson thread was bad but Saddam Hussein? No Thanks. Yucko.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by clownboots19@May 21 2005, 12:21 PM
Benedict Arnold comes to mind...
[post=313444]Quoted post[/post]​
Personally, I was thinking of Manuel Noriega. Saddam Hussein was first put in power and given arms by the U.S. in exchange for him declaring war on Iran and killing Kurds. Then when he invaded Kuwait (after Bush agreed to let him), the Kuwaiti royal family paid a PR firm to con the U.S. into defending them. So a "nurse" (actually a Kuwaiti princess) testified before Congress that the Iraqi military had been dumping babies out of incubators. Since Iraq was suddenly unpopular, Bush decided to declare war on Iraq.

FWIW, I can connect Saddam Hussein to Osama bin Ladin; they both had deals with Ronald Reagan.

D

deleted2253

ugghh!!! :wtf: Is this really a thread on here! eeewww!!!! I saw one glimpse of the photo on the news and had to turn away! gross!! :puke:

bigenuf

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by jonb+May 22 2005, 04:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; May 22 2005, 04:20 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-clownboots19@May 21 2005, 12:21 PM
Benedict Arnold comes to mind...
[post=313444]Quoted post[/post]​
Personally, I was thinking of Manuel Noriega. Saddam Hussein was first put in power and given arms by the U.S. in exchange for him declaring war on Iran and killing Kurds. Then when he invaded Kuwait (after Bush agreed to let him), the Kuwaiti royal family paid a PR firm to con the U.S. into defending them. So a "nurse" (actually a Kuwaiti princess) testified before Congress that the Iraqi military had been dumping babies out of incubators. Since Iraq was suddenly unpopular, Bush decided to declare war on Iraq.

FWIW, I can connect Saddam Hussein to Osama bin Ladin; they both had deals with Ronald Reagan.
[post=313512]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I remember a story about this on the CBS Evening News with Dan Rather. I believe Newsweek did a piece on this also... or was it the National Enquirer?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by bigenuf@May 22 2005, 03:02 PM
I remember a story about this on the CBS Evening News with Dan Rather. I believe Newsweek did a piece on this also... or was it the National Enquirer?
[post=313732]Quoted post[/post]​
Try BBC, Mail and Guardian, and Times of India.

Now, as for you, where do you get your info from? The Moonie Times, Faux News, or do you just go off your thorazine?

carolinacurious:
Originally posted by jonb+May 22 2005, 08:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; May 22 2005, 08:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bigenuf@May 22 2005, 03:02 PM
[post=313732]Quoted post[/post]​
Try BBC, Mail and Guardian, and Times of India.

Now, as for you, where do you get your info from? The Moonie Times, Faux News, or do you just go off your thorazine?
[post=313793]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

In fact, the most emotionally moving testimony on October 10 came from a 15-year-old Kuwaiti girl, known only by her first name of Nayirah. According to the Caucus, Nayirah&#39;s full name was being kept confidential to prevent Iraqi reprisals against her family in occupied Kuwait. Sobbing, she described what she had seen with her own eyes in a hospital in Kuwait City. Her written testimony was passed out in a media kit prepared by Citizens for a Free Kuwait. "I volunteered at the al-Addan hospital," Nayirah said. "While I was there, I saw the Iraqi soldiers come into the hospital with guns, and go into the room where . . . babies were in incubators. They took the babies out of the incubators, took the incubators, and left the babies on the cold floor to die."83

Three months passed between Nayirah&#39;s testimony and the start of the war. During those months, the story of babies torn from their incubators was repeated over and over again. President Bush told the story. It was recited as fact in Congressional testimony, on TV and radio talk shows, and at the UN Security Council. "Of all the accusations made against the dictator," MacArthur observed, "none had more impact on American public opinion than the one about Iraqi soldiers removing 312 babies from their incubators and leaving them to die on the cold hospital floors of Kuwait City."84

At the Human Rights Caucus, however, Hill & Knowlton and Congressman Lantos had failed to reveal that Nayirah was a member of the Kuwaiti Royal Family. Her father, in fact, was Saud Nasir al-Sabah, Kuwait&#39;s Ambassador to the US, who sat listening in the hearing room during her testimony. The Caucus also failed to reveal that H&K vice-president Lauri Fitz-Pegado had coached Nayirah in what even the Kuwaitis&#39; own investigators later confirmed was false testimony.
If Nayirah&#39;s outrageous lie had been exposed at the time it was told, it might have at least caused some in Congress and the news media to soberly reevaluate the extent to which they were being skillfully manipulated to support military action. Public opinion was deeply divided on Bush&#39;s Gulf policy. As late as December 1990, a New York Times/CBS News poll indicated that 48 percent of the American people wanted Bush to wait before taking any action if Iraq failed to withdraw from Kuwait by Bush&#39;s January 15 deadline.85 On January 12, the US Senate voted by a narrow, five-vote margin to support the Bush administration in a declaration of war. Given the narrowness of the vote, the babies-thrown-from-incubators story may have turned the tide in Bush&#39;s favor.

Following the war, human rights investigators attempted to confirm Nayirah&#39;s story and could find no witnesses or other evidence to support it. Amnesty International, which had fallen for the story, was forced to issue an embarrassing retraction. Nayirah herself was unavailable for comment. "This is the first allegation I&#39;ve had that she was the ambassador&#39;s daughter," said Human Rights Caucus co-chair John Porter. "Yes, I think people . . . were entitled to know the source of her testimony." When journalists for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation asked Nasir al-Sabah for permission to question Nayirah about her story, the ambassador angrily refused.86

and

Hill & Knowlton, then the world&#39;s largest PR firm, served as mastermind for the Kuwaiti campaign. Its activities alone would have constituted the largest foreign-funded campaign ever aimed at manipulating American public opinion. By law, the Foreign Agents Registration Act should have exposed this propaganda campaign to the American people, but the Justice Department chose not to enforce it. Nine days after Saddam&#39;s army marched into Kuwait, the Emir&#39;s government agreed to fund a contract under which Hill & Knowlton would represent "Citizens for a Free Kuwait," a classic PR front group designed to hide the real role of the Kuwaiti government and its collusion with the Bush administration. Over the next six months, the Kuwaiti government channeled &#036;11.9 million dollars to Citizens for a Free Kuwait, whose only other funding totalled &#036;17,861 from 78 individuals. Virtually all of CFK&#39;s budget - &#036;10.8 million - went to Hill & Knowlton in the form of fees.74

The man running Hill & Knowlton&#39;s Washington office was Craig Fuller, one of Bush&#39;s closest friends and inside political advisors. The news media never bothered to examine Fuller&#39;s role until after the war had ended, but if America&#39;s editors had read the PR trade press, they might have noticed this announcement, published in O&#39;Dwyer&#39;s PR Services before the fighting began: "Craig L. Fuller, chief of staff to Bush when he was vice-president, has been on the Kuwaiti account at Hill & Knowlton since the first day. He and [Bob] Dilenschneider at one point made a trip to Saudi Arabia, observing the production of some 20 videotapes, among other chores. The Wirthlin Group, research arm of H&K, was the pollster for the Reagan Administration. . . . Wirthlin has reported receiving &#036;1.1 million in fees for research assignments for the Kuwaitis. Robert K. Gray, Chairman of H&K/USA based in Washington, DC had leading roles in both Reagan campaigns. He has been involved in foreign nation accounts for many years. . . . Lauri J. Fitz-Pegado, account supervisor on the Kuwait account, is a former Foreign Service Officer at the US Information Agency who joined Gray when he set up his firm in 1982."75

http://www.prwatch.org/books/tsigfy10.html

zboy1981

Just Browsing
Media
GROSSOMUNDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek: