Saddle Sore

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Max, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Max

Max New Member

I can't remember this topic being handled recently. In any case, there isn't much hope for a totally new topic on lpsg, least of all from an old stager like me.

Anyway, I'm just back from 2 weeks in the Minervois area of SW France. The 'gite' we rented had bikes with it, and we spent some of the time cycling along the towpaths of the Canal du Midi and the local lanes, usually stopping for the local cuisine half way round. One advantage of cycling along a canal for a guy like me is that by definition it was pretty well 100% flat terrain.

It has been a while since I mounted a bike. And I'm not sure I had ever ridden one with the saddle design this one had. Most guys here will know what is coming next Leaning low over the bars in my case seems to mean subjecting the first section of my penis to way too much pressure as it lies in my jock right along the sharp end of the saddle ... it was regularly exacerbated every time I went over a tree root or a small rock (of which there are plenty along the towpath). :eek:

Worse was the way my balls were splayed out in my jock either side of the saddle, and held in far too tightly by my shorts, so that they were forced out way far enough to get badly in the way of my legs. I tried on the next outing to avoid this by ditching the jock (I very rarely do this under any circs) and trying to direct everything all down one side of the saddle in very baggy shorts. No good either; I ended up with a real outbreak of the sort of big boys' problems I thought I had sorted out years ago.

Any wisdom about dress, design of saddle, stance etc., for future reference? Or should I just save my dignity and stick to walking?

2. ponybilt

ponybilt Member

Albums:
    Max, it's a difficult one... There are lots of solutions but not all will work equally well.

I've tried the jockless, down-one-side and that didn't work at all! The most difficulty I've had wasn't with saddle sores, but with numbness (lasting about a half-hour after biking) and pressure on the nads (requiring me to bike in a standing position).

When you're given bikes (with poor seats) on vacation there are few options but the 2 that come to mind:

- Always wear clean shorts. The bacteria can promote chafing.
    - Lube up. I know it sounds strange, but use enough lube on your cock and balls where it won't create a wet spot. It actually works.

Detailed bicycle seat info

On your bike at home, though, you may want to consider upgrading to one of the many "junk-friendly" seats :) There are traditional saddle-type seats with a gap down the center, which is the kind I've got. Also found this, which is a uniqe variation:
    Spongy seat

Hope this helps.

3. bubba123

bubba123 New Member

I do a lot of biking also, just love it, a great way to get away from it all. The plus is the huge muscular legs I have developed - really cut.

The best thing I have tried is a "bungee" like circle. All department stores have them Wal-Mart, Target etc. They are actually pony tail elastic hair things. The kind I use are GOODY Ouchless 6 elastics, # 01013. These are sold in the hair care product aisle.

I put the elastic thing around my cock and balls. This gives me support and pulls my scrotum up so that I am not sitting on it. Then wear the reqular biking shorts. Dont want to get these too tight, I buy the biggest available, with no metal joint. I ride for about 2 hours (40 miles) 2 to 3 times a week and this has really helped.

I also think shaving or at least trimming scrotum hair and the surrounding area helps. I have also tried vasaline in the crotch of my bike shorts. This works ok for leather crotch pads but not for the spongy ones.

Love to bike, hope this helps!

4. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

You might also want to consider taking some gold bond medicated powder with you just on the off chance that you need it.

5. Max

Max New Member

Thanks a lot guys.

If I were going into cycling seriously I would certainly look at the range of saddles.

I don't think trying to hoist myself even further up than my jock always holds me would work, however. It all has to go somewhere and unless I am pretty well sitting upright on the saddle there will be contact and pressure. It is the friction between thighs and balls that drove me crazy, perhaps I didn't make that clear enough.

I like cycling but I think it is probably never going to be an altogether comfortable experience for me. But I do have the feeling that better cycle shorts will help me next time. Thanks again.

6. Steve26

Gold Member

Albums:
    A related question: Have any of you who are serious bikers found that any particular brand/style/model of the various "anatomically correct" seats for men are especially well-suited for the endowed guy (especially those with large balls)? Or does size even need to factor into the choice? I'm now biking to work and putting in 50-100 miles a week on the plain-Jane seat that was original to my six-year-old Rockhopper. I'm sure this can't be good for my equipment and have been looking around at the various seats with strategically placed cut-outs, etc. I'm told by my local bike shop that a guy really can't tell what seat will work for him until he's got it out on the road. Just thought I'd ask if any of you have found bike seats that seem to accommodate particularly well. Thanks!

~ Steve ;)

7. RICKY_27

RICKY_27 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Hey Steve,

Please read PONY'S post dated AUG. 23. Also try packin' your goods in an OBC CUP. First, I put on a 'swimmer then the OBC. I have biked for as long as two hours and no probs.

Hope this suggestion will work for you.

RICKY'

8. dikkiedik

dikkiedik Member

Albums:
    Max, you should use tight biking trousers. The crotch is specially made to give support to your balls and to protect them. Your cock has to be stretched upward, left or right to your body. Yes than you look like a professional biker (it showes very much, see the olympic bikers). If you don't want to show that much you just have to put on shorts over the tight biking trousers. Don't wear a slip, thong or whatsoever underneath, it'll make things worse. For comfort you must put some vaseline on the crotch of your biking trousers.
    I can't advise you about the pain in the part between your sac and your asshole. That has to do with the way you sit on your sadle. You must use a sadle which fits to your sit-bones (I really don't know how to translate this). If your sadle is to wide or to small it gives you a lot of pain. The bikeshop can tell you exactly which one you need. Every biker has these problems so don't be shamed to ask.
    Hope your next biking adventure in France will be a success.

D

9. Max

Max New Member

Thanks dikkiedik.

I'm not sure I would look good — or decent! — in tight biking trousers but maybe next time I look like doing some serious cycling (next summer?) I will give them a try. I know about the penis having to strech upwards (mine is already pointing up all the time, because of the design of the jocks I wear). But somehow I think that whatever I wear, and however I support my tackle, I am going to have friction and discomfort and/or cramping. You have to take the downsides as well as the advantages. I note the point about vaseline. I had only got as far as using powder.

Thanks again!

10. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Max, if you can't change the seat itself to a more friendly-design, you might consider adjusting the seat so that it points downward a little.

Another thing I found that helps: a sheepskin seat cover. The fleece is comfortable and heavenly!

11. Pappy

Pappy Member

The jell seat covers are comfortable too.

12. Britannic

Gold Member

Albums:
    I spoke with my boyfriend today about this issue. He's pretty well endowed and has big, super-sensative balls. He's always complained about how his bicycle saddle has always left him sore.

He recently received a new saddle and says it's the most comfortable one he's ever had and he has not been sore after riding it.

The manufacture of the saddle is Specialized and the model is the "Alias". It comes in 3 different sizes and your cycle shop should fit you for the right size. I do not know the method of determining size.

The saddle is not out for public purchase yet. My b/f received his for attending a trade show last week. I'd call my local cycle shop and inquire about the saddle. It sounds like this may be the seat your larger, more sensative parts have been waiting for.

Enjoy!

13. Imported

Gold Member

Splash Robinson: Great teamwork guys. Ive had this problem in the past and this thread has motivated me to mount my bike in the near future. Im massive but i dont see why that should stop me cycling anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted