Safari

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
Anyone else using Safari as a web browser?

I like the way it looks, but WOW is it every clunky sometimes. Pop-down menus don't fully pop down, you can click over and over again on something and it never opens ... don't know if it's just better on a mac, or if it's bad with Vista (which I use and find frustrating) ...

Firefox is still my browser of choice, but it's sorta fun to look at how things look in Safari from time to time.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
... don't know if it's just better on a mac, or if it's bad with Vista (which I use and find frustrating) ...
I've never had good luck with it on a PC. I WANTED to, because I generally like it on a Mac. I just go back and forth with the features of Safari and Firefox, and can never seem to choose one over the other.

Account Disabled
Media
I've never had good luck with it on a PC. I WANTED to, because I generally like it on a Mac. I just go back and forth with the features of Safari and Firefox, and can never seem to choose one over the other.

Yeah, on a mac, it's very cool! Firefox works beautifully for me. It just feels, well, sort of dowdy.

I like the feel of Safari a lot, but it's just sputters on a pc.

D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

Experimental Member
Media
You know what's better than Safari on a Mac? Firefox on a Mac!

Safari is a very good browser as whole, especially on a Mac, although it could be wonky at times on Windows. Firefox on the other hand doesn't have the cool, slick look of Safari, both on Windows and Mac, but performs like a dream. Fast, secure and powerful. It's arguably the most customisable browser out there. Well, amongst the prominent ones, that is.

As much as I love Safari on a Mac I have to admit that I rarely use it on my Mac. It's Firefox 99% of the time.

And, to be very honest, things tend to work better on anything but Windows. Try one of the UNIX-based OS and you'll see. (Although some would come with really steep learning curve.)

Last edited:

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...It's arguably the most customisable browser out there. Well, amongst the prominent ones, that is.

As much as I love Safari on a Mac I have to admit that I rarely use it on my Mac. It's Firefox 99% of the time...
It's this ability to customize, that has me using Firefox most of the time, as well.

D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

Experimental Member
Media
It's this ability to customize, that has me using Firefox most of the time, as well.

Indeed. The plug-ins, bookmarks tags, search field keyword, etc. All of these are just awesome. You start using Firefox and you forget other browsers. And when you are unfortunate enough to have to go back to Internet Explorer you can't stop cursing at it. lol

andrexx

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm on a Mac and I love Safari. I downloaded Firefox on my Mac as soon as I got it, but I found myself almost never using Firefox, simply because Safari is so smooth and easy to use. I like, for instance, that Safari uses many trackpad gestures that Firefox simply doesn't support. Little things like that (plus I find Safari to be more attractive and simplistic) make Safari my choice.

That said, when the Google Chrome browser comes out for Mac, it may give Safari a run for its money.

Account Disabled
Media
Indeed. The plug-ins, bookmarks tags, search field keyword, etc. All of these are just awesome. You start using Firefox and you forget other browsers. And when you are unfortunate enough to have to go back to Internet Explorer you can't stop cursing at it. lol

Yeah, that customizable stuff on Firefox is what I really, really like about it. Also, it's just been super-secure and super-solid. And I'm 100% on PC now; I'm not around macs anymore.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I ditched Firefox 3 last week. Too buggy on Vista. I've gone Chrome and it rocks. It's simple and speedy.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm on a Mac and I love Safari. I downloaded Firefox on my Mac as soon as I got it, but I found myself almost never using Firefox, simply because Safari is so smooth and easy to use. I like, for instance, that Safari uses many trackpad gestures that Firefox simply doesn't support. Little things like that (plus I find Safari to be more attractive and simplistic) make Safari my choice.
my experience exactly. in particular I like that Safari integrates well with other MacOS X applications.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Open source web browsers only for me. Safari is on my Apple Powerbook G4 only because it has OS X on it. Started using Firefox on it, but didn't like the fact that at the time it wasn't truly integrated with OS X (that may have changed by now). Learned of Camino from Mozilla, I guess I update Safari, but for the longest time, tabbed browsing was a beta patch to Safari. I use Camino first and foremost on the Apple.