safe sex blow job

goodguy2244

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am new to the gay scene. I've met a great guy that has been very sexually active over the past few years. We spend hours in bed making out, kissing, etc., but I am paranoid about hiv. He says that oral sex is safe, and he had an hiv test last week that was negative. But I know that it might take 3 or 6 months for the test to become positive. So here is my question. Is it safe for me to give him a blow job?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
anytime body fluids are exchanged there is always a change of catching something. i've been told oral sex is a pretty low risk activity *just talkin HIV*. unprotected oral might up the chances of catching herpes and a few other icks.

never used dental dams with women. tried to give a blow job with a condom once, hated ever minute of it, so my boy's never been asked to wear anything. we did the whole testing bit and are monogamous.

ML

if ya have doubts just play safe. non lubricated condoms never killed anyone.

B_bflr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Hand jobs can be great. Seriously.

About oral, I've read that risk is least if you have not brushed your teeth for a few hours before giving head. This is because brushing can cause tiny cuts in your gums.

There are also flavored condoms, aren't there?

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's bareback fucking that is largely responsible for sexual hiv transmission between men. The rectum is an absorbtive organ that is easily damaged by penetration and if infected semen is deposited there it's kept in situ for a while.

It is theoretically transmissable by oral but there have been very few proven instances of that happening. The tissues of the mouth and throat are much more robust than the rectum, and saliva and stomach acids both destroy hiv.

It's a personal decision you have to make for yourself. Myself, I stick with not brushing or flossing beforehand, just using mouthwash if I need to freshen up. Though of course, if I had a cut or sore in my mouth or a gum infection, I wouldn't.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I was with this guy once who was new to gay sex and super-paranoid about catching anything, even though I told him I'd been recently tested and was HIV- and ddf. He really wanted to suck my cock (He also really wanted me to fuck him, but that's outside the point...). So I bought some Mint-flavored Trojans, and he sucked me through them. He was pretty good for a beginner, and I always like to encourage beginners.

So, if you're worried, get some flavored condoms, and get/give a nice blowjob. A covered bj's not as good as a bare blowjob, but it's pretty darn close.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you're gonna do unprotected oral, the rule is 3hrs before brushing your teeth and wait 3hrs to brush them after.

Using Scope (because of it's non-alcoholic formula) or chewing gum can help to alleviate some odor that may be lingering after the fact.

Don't use Listerene because it's burning effects can open up your pores and make you more prone to catching something.

True, practicing oral sex without a condom is very low risk for attaining HIV, but it's very common that people catch the herp or ghono from sucking dick.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you're gonna do unprotected oral, the rule is 3hrs before brushing your teeth and wait 3hrs to brush them after.

Using Scope (because of it's non-alcoholic formula) or chewing gum can help to alleviate some odor that may be lingering after the fact.

Don't use Listerene because it's burning effects can open up your pores and make you more prone to catching something.

True, practicing oral sex without a condom is very low risk for attaining HIV, but it's very common that people catch the herp or ghono from sucking dick.